Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 06:01 PM

328 posts, read 240,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
When I was doing grad studies in social psychology in the early 1990s, there were already a lot of studies showing that tolerance for ambiguity is strongly correlated with liberalism.

You can see this very clearly illustrated in the statements uttered by all conservative pundits and politicians --- they love to frame issues in black-and-white terms, and they want you to choose between "good" and "evil." To them, there is no such thing as shades of gray. Such was the mindset of the Taliban, yet this lesson is lost on the non-thinking conservative who merely chooses to goose-step to the dictates of the flag-waving GOP president and the people who script his speeches.

Sadly, your post will only be openly received by those of us who already agree with you. The rest of them will scream "If you're not with us then you're with the terrorists."
C'mon guys...you know kimbercuddles never screams...do I agree? Of course not, but we're all adults, here, so respect is required to make this civil.

Remember how left-wing liberals get offended when conservatives lump them all together in one group? It seems unfair to me...although Aussie girl's post did the same thing. There are a lot of issues that I don't have a definite opinion on...partially because they are not my priorities. There are a wide variety of liberals, moderates and conservatives and no two people probably see identically on all issues.

Comparing Reagan, Mussolini and Hitler is offensive to me...most liberals even agree that Reagan accomplished astonishing things. I still believe in his trickle down economics. By the way, I don't recall Reagan commanding us to exterminate any group of people, as Hitler did...hmmmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 09:28 PM

421 posts, read 349,576 times
None of you liberal have any tolerance for me! I am a very tolerant person. I listen to all this elitest dribble everyday and I'm still posting with a smile on myself. I have to say I'm very entertained by this forum.

Remember I'm a student of Limbaugh Institude of advanced conservative studies. I just had to give myself props.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:33 PM

I'll give you props Sweattea! You're a trooper! What state are you in, by the way?

Old 12-15-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
I'll give you props Sweattea! You're a trooper! What state are you in, by the way?

I'm in AZ by way of NY and now headed to NC. I have to take my conservative show on the road.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
I'm in AZ by way of NY and now headed to NC. I have to take my conservative show on the road.
Wish you the VERY BEST! Go get 'em!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
Wish you the VERY BEST! Go get 'em!

Thanks Kim!!!

Old 12-16-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
Wow. You sound like John Kerry. "Get an education or you go to Iraq." I'm sorry you feel that only uneducated people were in Vietnam. My father was there and he was a very educated man. It was his CHOICE to serve his country.

Still a choice these days and these brave people are willing to do it. You have some that signed up and never expected to go to war, but most are very aware of what they are doing and proud to serve.

A Thank you to your father for his service. We are in all in debt to these people.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
p.s. --- look at my post above and then try to explain to me why I was BANNED from another forum for being a "right-wing demagogue." Wow.... San Francisco is intolerant in the opposite direction and I don't see much difference between their black-and-white view of the world and that of the Right. Kinda funny, actually....

You right wing? What kind of forum would say that about you? You must be hanging with some Howard Dean types.

The world is black and white and believe it or not real evil exist.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:39 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,190,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post

It's a cop out to say you support the troops but not the politicians. The soldiers are as responsible as the politicians that sent them and the politicians are as responsible as the electorate that put them in office.
I didn't read this whole thread but the post above caught my eye and I wanted to comment...

I know someone who supports the troops but is totally against the war and the politicians. She supports the troops because three members of her family are in the military and in Iraq (including her husband and son) -- and she supports them by fighting to get them all back home and the USA out of this war. The members of her family were already in the military before the war even started. She fought like crazy to keep the US from even going to Iraq and was totally against the war from the very start. She still supports the members of her family by sending letters, gifts, etc. -- but she's still fighting the dang war AND the politicians!

Old 12-16-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I didn't read this whole thread but the post above caught my eye and I wanted to comment...

I know someone who supports the troops but is totally against the war and the politicians. She supports the troops because three members of her family are in the military and in Iraq (including her husband and son) -- and she supports them by fighting to get them all back home and the USA out of this war. The members of her family were already in the military before the war even started. She fought like crazy to keep the US from even going to Iraq and was totally against the war from the very start. She still supports the members of her family by sending letters, gifts, etc. -- but she's still fighting the dang war AND the politicians!
You cannot support the troops without supporting the mission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies