Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 09:05 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,629,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What happened?

Coming in with very first post like this, something must have happened.
Good question.

How about let's all get a few more facts before getting into this argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 09:28 AM

41,458 posts, read 60,007,217 times
While criminology has shown that the death penalty has little deterrence effect, execution does provide a good show and a sense of satisfaction for the people desperate for vengeance.

The major problem is there are still far too many falsely accused and found guilty of crimes they did not commit. In most cases these victims of our justice system are despised minorities or political targets. Before we reintroduce legal execution I want to see vast improvements to our court systems required to eliminate false positives. Executing actual criminals is marginally acceptable. Killing innocent victims of a failed justice system is never acceptable.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:43 AM

57,398 posts, read 26,458,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I'd go further. I wish the executions were still public. It's a great deterrent.
How many executions have you attended, do you think they are preventative.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:47 AM

212 posts, read 136,807 times
The same libs who wet their pretty pink panties every time some lowlife murdering scumball is rightfully dispatched to Beelzebub's bubbling cauldron by the state are the same ones who practically claw each others eyes out to be the first ones following an atrocity committed an Islamists to excuse and justify the monstrous act. They're very selective with their moral indignation and outrage, aren't they?

I guess it is only justifiable to kill people in the eyes of liberals, and hordes of them at that, just as long as you shout "Allahu Akbar" before doing it. But if you murder a child, police officer (especially a police officer), or savagely bludgeon some defenseless women to death you just raped during a home invasion, your life should be spared.

Maybe each state should mandate that before every execution, some openly homophobic, anti-semitic, anti_Christian Imam should scream "Allahu Akbar" before the needle is injected into the veins of the prisoner. Not only will liberals no longer be against expunging these murderous fiends from our society, but they will tirelessly justify the act with every fiber of their being, just as they always do whenever those words are uttered before the taking of a life.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:51 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,830,694 times
I still say anyone convicted of committing a heinous crime against another should be publicly strapped to a 2x12 with numerous zip ties, then slowly fed (feet first so everyone can see these scum scream out in horrific pain just before they die) into an industrial size chipper shredder. I honestly believe if we treated the convictions of most heinous crimes like this publicly, the effect would be a serious reduction in people committing those crimes.

But then again, that's just MY opinion.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:53 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,830,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastion79 View Post
The same libs who wet their pretty pink panties every time some lowlife murdering scumball is rightfully dispatched to Beelzebub's bubbling cauldron by the state are the same ones who practically claw each others eyes out to be the first ones following an atrocity committed an Islamists to excuse and justify the monstrous act. They're very selective with their moral indignation and outrage, aren't they?

I guess it is only justifiable to kill people in the eyes of liberals, and hordes of them at that, just as long as you shout "Allahu Akbar" before doing it. But if you murder a child, police officer (especially a police officer), or savagely bludgeon some defenseless women to death you just raped during a home invasion, your life should be spared.

Maybe each state should mandate that before every execution, some openly homophobic, anti-semitic, anti_Christian Imam should scream "Allahu Akbar" before the needle is injected into the veins of the prisoner. Not only will liberals no longer be against expunging these murderous fiends from our society, but they will tirelessly justify the act with every fiber of their being, just as they always do whenever those words are uttered before the taking of a life.

How in the world did you manage to turn this into some political left vs right thing? Not everything is as politically polarized as you seem to suggest.

Then again, that's just MY opinion.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:56 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No it isn't. The death penalty has never been a good deterrent.

Sure it has. That individual is deterred from ever being violent with another individual ever again.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:57 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,470,908 times
Should an 18 year-old be killed for getting a blowjob from a 16 year-old? As it stands right now the government makes no distinction and that boy would be sentenced to death under this.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:58 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,470,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I still say anyone convicted of committing a heinous crime against another should be publicly strapped to a 2x12 with numerous zip ties, then slowly fed (feet first so everyone can see these scum scream out in horrific pain just before they die) into an industrial size chipper shredder. I honestly believe if we treated the convictions of most heinous crimes like this publicly, the effect would be a serious reduction in people committing those crimes.

But then again, that's just MY opinion.
You should move to the Middle East, it's paradise because of deterrents like this.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:00 AM

7,986 posts, read 5,031,513 times
Mehh... Its not going to make your loved ones come back. As others have said it isn't much a of deterrent either. There are still hundreds of thousands or millions of killers. If it was a such a great deterrent, why do we have all these people shooting up schools, churches etc, malls, airports, and raping and killing etc?

I only condone taking other lives during war.

And its more of a mental disease for the reason these people behave. Damage to the front lobes of the brain. You are killing mentally defective individuals. Capital punishment is a WASTE Of tax payers money and doesn't prevent crap regardless. That money should be utilized for mental health. Which is the ROOT CAUSE of why these people act the way they do. It would be better served
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies