Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:15 PM

37,202 posts, read 42,466,268 times

Advertisements

I haven't seem this in practice recently. Maybe if you want to go back 30 years or so but you missed the boat if you want to whine about this particular issue. It really is hard to find things to be outraged about anymore isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 07:17 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,978,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
^^^^^^ This.
I second that This.

If you think women are underpaid start a business and hire all women.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:21 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,821,930 times
Male

Captain and owner of a large sailboat.

I have had many crew over the years including males and females.

I have never had a male crew member interrupt me and say "excuse me but you forgot to say good morning".

I have had women call me the most self absorbed person they ever met. In particular I assign tasks and expect them to be done the way I want them done.

In general female crew members like to debate and require me to give an explanation as to all the different alternatives I thought about already.

I have had female crew members up and leave epoxy paint half painted because they said its now my break time.

I have had female crew members tell me it is my personal time right now. It did not matter to them that a squall was about to hit, the fact of the matter was to them they were on their break. It was a "my problem that I did not foresee a change in the weather".

The men, in general, prided themselves on learning new tasks, being team members, and working hard.

Not one male crew member has ever complained that sometimes I don't ask how they slept, I can be short and to the point, and insist on tasks be done in certain ways.
No male has ever said to me they believe in contributing their fair share of the work. Instead I have seen males strive to be seen as giving the greatest amount of work.

Therefore, for small businesses that have unexpected problems, new situations, and must respond quickly to a problem males tend to be better workers.

For businesses with constant work flow, no crisis, and no team effort females do fine.

Again I say in general.

Don't believe me? Let's go sailing together across the Pacific ocean with both male and female crew and you write down what you observe.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:52 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,043,943 times
It's already illegal to pay less for the same job on the basis of sex. Has been since 1963.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963

So, should we make it super-duper illegal to pay women less than men for the same job? I mean...really, really illegal, not just blatantly illegal like running your own homebrew email server expressly for the purpose of circumventing federal records retention requirements, but real, heavy-duty, industrial strength, we-really-mean-business-this-time illegal?

Because if we did that, I'm sure every instance of payroll discrepancy that might exist on account of the sex of the employee would disappear virtually overnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies