Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which quadrant did you end up in?
Red (Authoritarian Left) 0 0%
Green (Libertarian Left) 24 60.00%
Blue (Authoritarian Right) 5 12.50%
Purple (Libertarian Right) 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 05:56 PM

73,102 posts, read 62,737,535 times

Advertisements

My compass.

Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

I got green, a left wing libertarian.

I am against abortion though. Gay marriage I take the "(sips iced tea) but that's none of my business" stance. Guns, I am very pro-gun. I have a libertarian stance on guns. When it comes to marijuana, I am for its legalization. No one should be in prison for using marijuana. Save that space for real criminals, like the pedophiles and rapists. I'd rather have the pothead for my neighbor than the pedophile.

I do feel that funding for public radio/television should not be cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 06:00 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,141,740 times
I've taken this before and I'm so close to center that you might as well call it a draw. I'm slightly to left libertarian.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Someone posted a similar analysis, maybe with different questions. However, I remember the boxes and colors. Anyway, I took this test and wish some of the questions had a "no opinion" option or "do not agree or disagree." This was my result.

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28

Old 03-25-2017, 06:33 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,635,825 times
This bogus website again?

This is the one that somehow concludes you can be libertarian and left at the same time. Contradictions like this are laughably apparent. And yet it keeps popping up every year or so, apparently when enough newcomers come in who haven't stopped to think about how impossible its conclusions are.

Looks like this is one of those times.

Welcome, suckers. Guess it's time to get it out of your systems. Again.

Jan 1997: https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l-compass.html

Feb 2009: https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ou-reside.html

Dec 2009: https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...political.html

Old 03-25-2017, 06:34 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,230,615 times
Libertarian left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Green (Libertarian Left).

It pretty much works like this.

Red - Big government liberal; SJW - Barack Obama
Green - Center-left liberal - Bill Clinton
Purple - Center-right conservative - John McCain
Blue - Moralist/religious right - Donald Trump
Nope. All four of those men are on the Authoritarian Right (blue) section. More accurately, Hillary and Trump are both blue (Trump leaning more authoritarian and Clinton leaning more right wing), Gary Johnson and Rand Paul being purple, Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein being Green (Sanders is closer to center on the lib/authoritarian line), and no [prominent] person in American politics is really in the red section.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:36 PM

35,755 posts, read 21,118,743 times
i do not like BOXES- you all know that- Independent and where it makes fiscal sense- and benefits all people

Old 03-25-2017, 06:42 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,647,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubikula View Post

I was somewhat lower on the libertarian/authoritarian scale when I did this a few years ago. It looks like I'm getting more authoritarian as I grow old. But the test - while interesting - is flawed in many ways. Thinking that the market isn't the answer to everything and that the corporations should be strongly regulated doesn't make you necessarily an extreme leftist. Also the cultural part is a bit simplistic. For example I do believe that children need discipline, I just wouldn't say it's the most important thing to teach them. Different people also understand the word "discipline" differently.

It means you're socially moderate and left of the centre on economic issues.

without a doubt the test is grossly flawed, but fun nonetheless.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:43 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,588,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Green (Libertarian Left).

It pretty much works like this.

Red - Big government liberal; SJW - Barack Obama
Green - Center-left liberal - Bill Clinton
Purple - Center-right conservative - John McCain
Blue - Moralist/religious right - Donald Trump
That is a joke.

Red - would be like Reagan and George Bush 1 and 2
Green - I agree
Purple - I will go with that.
Blue - Not even close, there has never been a Moralist/religious right president in my lifetime.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:44 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,113,377 times
I came out purple. Slightly libertarian right. But I already knew that.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:46 PM

13,006 posts, read 18,935,259 times
I don't want to be trapped by putting myself into a box. Reminds me of a debate where four politicians were asked if they agree with the Catholic Church on life issues, they all said yes. Then they were asked their opinion on the death penalty. Three supported it. The moderator then pointed out that the Church opposes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies