Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Why wouldn't we rely on 100% of Texas' members of congress, the state with the LONGEST border with Mexico?

Oh...and 25 of the 38 TX congressional delegation are Republicans.
Texas has the longest U.S. border with Mexico. Zero of its 38 members of Congress support Trump's wall.

I never thought a big fence was nothing but a Band-Aid to help the symptom,. Not to cure the problem.
I got nothing against tourists. I got everything about setting up house and getting a job.

Employer sanctions with seizure of ALL personal & business assets, because they have been acquired illegally. While they are at it, redefine what the anchor baby clause is not there at all. There is your WALL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 02:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Well for the record, I'm a Texan against any additional walls. But by all means be a dick and insert yourself into the conversation with an immediate indictment anyway.

"Some of them" means something entirely different than "0 percent". The headline contradicts the content.
No, it doesn't, because 0% do favor Trump's wall. Some of them favor 50 miles of fencing. Hardly a wall, wouldn't you say? So where is the lie?

Quote:
This is the sum total of my thoughts on this topic.
Oh, crap, I've been shown to be wrong. RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!!

Old 03-20-2017, 02:06 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,204,503 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't we rely on 100% of Texas' members of congress, the state with the LONGEST border with Mexico?
We don't rely on Texas, since States are not charged with the responsibility of National Security, including securing the Borders.

You might want to read the Constitution.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:07 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Feds are going to build it anyway.
That begs the question, Why is it all about "Make America Great Again" and totally against the idea of "Make Americans Great".
Everything Trump and his admin are doing is taking away from Americans. His agenda, his "America First" Budget, etc. Why not Americans First?
This in itself shows that he doesn't think about Americans. In this case the people of Texas. Their elected representatives all say they don't want the wall, but as you so succinctly put it, "He's going to build it anyway."

Old 03-20-2017, 02:08 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,522,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, it doesn't, because 0% do favor Trump's wall. Some of them favor 50 miles of fencing. Hardly a wall, wouldn't you say? So where is the lie?

You're being so incredibly pedantic here. Just out-of-the-gate wild swinging pedantry. Why? Because I find the article title to be misleading? Because you assumed that I'm a rabid pro-wall supporter? What on Earth would cause you to take so personally my opinion of a poorly-written article?

Old 03-20-2017, 02:12 PM

27,704 posts, read 16,198,210 times
Quote:

The original article. Says nothing about a border wall being a bad idea. https://www.texastribune.org/2016/12...stands-trumps/
Arguing semantics is silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
We don't rely on Texas, since States are not charged with the responsibility of National Security, including securing the Borders.

You might want to read the Constitution.
I would hope most are aware of this as they should also recognize op/article is just taking a swipe at potus.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:14 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times
Quote:
You're being so incredibly pedantic here. Just out-of-the-gate wild swinging pedantry. Why? Because I find the article title to be misleading? Because you assumed that I'm a rabid pro-wall supporter? What on Earth would cause you to take so personally my opinion of a poorly-written article?
Maybe being called a dick for merely responding to your request to read the article?

Quote:
But by all means be a dick and insert yourself into the conversation with an immediate indictment anyway.
My original response to you said nothing that called for that kind of a response. You even insinuate that I had no right to "insert myself into the conversation," which is amusing since this is a public forum.

I find your outrage amusing.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:15 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,960,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Indeed. Poor Trump. He must have finally realized that being President isn't as simple as commanding that something be done and it magically occurring. People say no, projects must be funded, foreign governments get in the way, and then there's the pesky problem of Congress and the courts.

I don't think Trump ever had any intention of building a wall. He just thought it would be a great way to con all the suckers into voting for him, and he was right. Like any good politician Trump understands that the typical American voter is a sucker and one is born every minute.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,121,394 times
Quote:

Oh...and 25 of the 38 TX congressional delegation are Republicans.
Texas has the longest U.S. border with Mexico. Zero of its 38 members of Congress support Trump's wall.
Even Louie Gohmert opposes the wall?

When you've lost Louie Gohmert ....

Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,522,346 times
Quote:
Maybe being called a dick for merely responding to your request to read the article?

My original response to you said nothing that called for that kind of a response. You even insinuate that I had no right to "insert myself into the conversation," which is amusing since this is a public forum.

I find your outrage amusing.
I'm happy to have offered you a service so valuable to you. Your takeaway should be that making wild assumptions about a person can definitely make you look like a dick.

So now we've helped each other out. Yay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies