Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:45 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,134,198 times

Advertisements

Why liberal elites are so resentful of middle America | New York Post

Excellent, spot on analysis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 08:25 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,699,568 times
You do understand, I hope, that the New York Post is a right-wing tabloid which is considered to be the worst of the New York daily papers?

Old 01-12-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
You do understand, I hope, that the New York Post is a right-wing tabloid which is considered to be the worst of the New York daily papers?

Hardly. The Daily News has become the National Enquirer. The Post actually contains the most balanced coverage in NYC at this point, as the Times admitted to skewing all 2016 election coverage. That makes the Times trash now.

In addition, this writer is simply spot on.

Now the elites can keep looking down on Americans not in the Acela Belt, and , in return, Dems will keep getting thumped. The HRC states, already 38 ECs short, will be 45-50 short after the census EC reallocation due to dwindling blue state populations. W/O the Rust Belt, and those Reagan Dems at heart, Dems have no path to 270.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
So? The truth is the truth regardless of the source. Of course as we've seen in the latest election democrats are violently allergic to the truth.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So? The truth is the truth regardless of the source. Of course as we've seen in the latest election democrats are violently allergic to the truth.

Unless it comes in a can of Play Doh.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:20 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,791,820 times
So what.

Conservatives resent urban liberals, the black and Hispanic working class.

Don't act like conservatives have the moral high ground in this regard.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:35 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,229,805 times
This article gives no clear indication as to what the "elite" actually are, and mostly seems to use it to identity a prominent liberal. And when I say prominent liberal, I don't mean a meaningful liberal who actively defines policy positions, I just mean someone who is both prominent and liberal at the same time. Like Meryl Streep. She'd be a movie star regardless of political climate. She's not really part of a liberal elite. She may be rich, but wealth can't be the only thing that determines elite.

By the way, much of the "I'm a victim" thing I'm seeing in this article is equally true for Bernie Sanders supporters and the criticisms they received from both mainstream liberal and conservative views, which as far as I'm concerned are actually about the same but pretending they aren't by focusing on arbitrary distinctions.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:37 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,229,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Hardly. The Daily News has become the National Enquirer. The Post actually contains the most balanced coverage in NYC at this point, as the Times admitted to skewing all 2016 election coverage. That makes the Times trash now.
One area, in which they (the organization) aknowledged a mistake, makes the entire paper trash?

I'm genuinely curious if that's actually a standard you hold or just a view your repeat because you were told to.

Quote:
In addition, this writer is simply spot on.
Wow, great point. Never thought of it that way...

Old 01-12-2017, 10:52 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,953,413 times
What makes successful entertainers to be considered "elites".

Sure, maybe they're elite in the play-world of acting because they're no longer waiting tables or digging ditches like so many actor wannabes but "elite"?

Not all successful people 1.) live on the coasts and 2.) vote Democrat.

Thinking otherwise is woefully out of touch thinking.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:23 AM

31,077 posts, read 22,126,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
What makes successful entertainers to be considered "elites".

Sure, maybe they're elite in the play-world of acting because they're no longer waiting tables or digging ditches like so many actor wannabes but "elite"?

Not all successful people 1.) live on the coasts and 2.) vote Democrat.

Thinking otherwise is woefully out of touch thinking.
They are out of touch, and assume that all people who didnt vote with them are low IQ knuckle draggers. Im an Aerospace Engineer in the Defense Industry. One of the most Conservative industries I have worked in. We are a highly educated group and very few of us vote Democrat and Obama/Hillary specifically. If the Elites and Hollywood personalities really think they are so intelectually superior to anyone they are fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies