Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 12:41 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,360,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They are out of touch, and assume that all people who didnt vote with them are low IQ knuckle draggers. Im an Aerospace Engineer in the Defense Industry. One of the most Conservative industries I have worked in. We are a highly educated group and very few of us vote Democrat and Obama/Hillary specifically. If the Elites and Hollywood personalities really think they are so intelectually superior to anyone they are fools.
Exactly, trump won white college educated white males by a large margin, he won white women and he even won white millennials. The media wants to portray trump voters as in their words " blue collar rural rednecks " and its a pathetic lie. Maybe they just to divert the attention from the racial reality of the trump voters and the great racial divide in this country.

Most trump voters had higher income and had higher education levels than most americans

Blame trumps victory on college educated whites not the working-class

https://newrepublic.com/article/1387...-working-class

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ump-exit-polls

"Far from being purely a revolt by poorer whites left behind by globalisation, who did indeed turn out in greater numbers for the Republican candidate than in 2012, Trump’s victory also relied on the support of the middle-class, the better-educated and the well-off.

Of the one in three Americans who earn less than $50,000 a year, a majority voted for Clinton. A majority of those who earn more backed Trump."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 03:31 AM

34,359 posts, read 17,548,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
One area, in which they (the organization) aknowledged a mistake, makes the entire paper trash?

(1) Not one mistake. It was a long-term strategy to LIE. This has happened often at that paper, including award-winning stories long ago (non political) that turned out to be fabricated.

(2) A strategy is not a mistake, any more than the Ft Lauderdale airport killings could be called a mistake by the killer. Both acts were deliberate.

(3) Since you are unaware, a mistake involves no malicious intent. The Times engaged in lies loaded with malicious intent.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:44 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,953,940 times
Elites. Elites think that they know what is best for everyone else and us poor undereducated, less enlightened types need them to do what's best for us. That is the problem with elites regardless of political affiliation or ideology.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:03 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,491,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
You know what pisses me off? I'm sick of being told because I'm a liberal that I hate laborers, rednecks etc. I grew up in a family of laborers, my husband is a laborer (and a liberal to boot).

But keep putting people into neat little categories. Its the perfect pastime for the intellectually lazy.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:06 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,491,424 times
Quote:
They are out of touch, and assume that all people who didnt vote with them are low IQ knuckle draggers. Im an Aerospace Engineer in the Defense Industry. One of the most Conservative industries I have worked in. We are a highly educated group and very few of us vote Democrat and Obama/Hillary specifically. If the Elites and Hollywood personalities really think they are so intelectually superior to anyone they are fools.
Why do you assume they are all out of touch? I hope you know that many of these people have families and friends who are not in the business.

I would vote red too if I worked in the defense industry in this country. That's a no brainer. Self preservation, amirite?

Old 01-13-2017, 04:13 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,669,375 times
Quote:
Oh, yes, the defense industry. Doing a complete 180 degree opinion change of Russia because of what is said on Twitter.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:27 AM

6,631 posts, read 5,061,294 times
Quote:
Being a fool is being outraged about something you made up, no one thinks they are superior to anyone, you want to stay in pennsatucky I don't care just don't try to burn the place down because the only employer in that town is Walmart.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,490,331 times
We need to define the anti-Trump elite carefully.

It is a combination of the following:

Wall Street, government employees and people who look to government to support them or give them advantages, university professors, journalists, "artists", environmentalists, social justice warriors, Silicon Valley, Hollywood and the entertainment industry, and "the establishment" of both the Republican and Democratic parties.

The interesting thing is that *groups that used to oppose each other* are now united:

For example: rebellious rock stars, university intellectuals, environmentalists, social justice warriors, and "serious artists" who consider themselves "anti-establishment", "anti-bourgeois" and "avant garde" on the one hand......and corporations, Wall Street and globalists on the other!

All of them anti-Trump!

How could this alliance take place?

Through what the Marxist philosopher Herbert Marcuse called "repressive desublimation" in which "anti-establishment" impulses become a marketable commodity. That's how.

Once the "rebels against the status quo" become co-opted and richly rewarded by our capitalist system, they trade in their dirty blue-jeans for tuxedos and sequined gowns. Then they look down their noses at the one group that is both not at "their level" but at the same time is stereotypically associated with "unenlightened" views and tastes and that is deemed perennially guilty of racism, sexism, homophobia, etc .

Namely, heterosexual working and middle class white males.

They voted for Trump -- that is, for themselves.

And they can never be forgiven for that!

Old 01-13-2017, 04:37 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,490,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Being a fool is being outraged about something you made up, no one thinks they are superior to anyone, you want to stay in pennsatucky I don't care just don't try to burn the place down because the only employer in that town is Walmart.
Anyone who listens to Meryl Streep's rant and thinks that she doesn't look down on other people is deluding him or herself.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:59 AM

6,631 posts, read 5,061,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We need to define the anti-Trump elite carefully.

It is a combination of the following:

Wall Street, government employees and people who look to government to support them or give them advantages, university professors, journalists, "artists", environmentalists, social justice warriors, Silicon Valley, Hollywood and the entertainment industry, and "the establishment" of both the Republican and Democratic parties.

The interesting thing is that *groups that used to oppose each other* are now united:

For example: rebellious rock stars, university intellectuals, environmentalists, social justice warriors, and "serious artists" who consider themselves "anti-establishment", "anti-bourgeois" and "avant garde" on the one hand......and corporations, Wall Street and globalists on the other!

All of them anti-Trump!

How could this alliance take place?

Through what the Marxist philosopher Herbert Marcuse called "repressive desublimation" in which "anti-establishment" impulses become a marketable commodity. That's how.

Once the "rebels against the status quo" become co-opted and richly rewarded by our capitalist system, they trade in their dirty blue-jeans for tuxedos and sequined gowns. Then they look down their noses at the one group that is both not at "their level" but at the same time is stereotypically associated with "unenlightened" views and tastes and that is deemed perennially guilty of racism, sexism, homophobia, etc .

Namely, heterosexual working and middle class white males.

They voted for Trump -- that is, for themselves.

And they can never be forgiven for that!
I am sorry but can you trumpets at least cut the communist blaming diatribe out, seriously your candidate populist platform was way closer to communism than free market, asking the government to step in so companies can pay you 20/hr for labor that they can buy at 3/hr is not exactly capitalism. So at least have the decency to look in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies