Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 02:43 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,463,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol, the mental gymnastics is real strong in this thread. But but bu, Trump SAID he was gonna drain the swamp! Not fill it up again! Hey Trumpies, actions speak much louder than words. If you want people to take you for your word, put your money where your mouth is. So far, Trump's putting his money into the establishment. Not just the establishment, but he's going into the belly of the beast and hiring Goldman Sachs guys. Where's the Libertarian outrage over appointing banksters to top posts?
They like him because he's a straight shooter who tells it like it is and means what he says, don't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 02:46 PM

76,959 posts, read 48,103,591 times
Sounds like Putin is starting to give Trump some marching orders already.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNConsumer View Post
Trump supporters can't have concerns, as we are deplorables.
The first step to recovery! I'm pulling for you!

Old 11-14-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I agree. Media has already proved they know nothing about Trump supporters so it's interesting to hear them saying his voters are already disappointed.

I love right-wing memes like this. Can't even spell "gibberish" correctly.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:49 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,096,479 times
which would you rather have in government positions, people who have real industry experience who can make the right changes to make things better, or people with no industry experience that are going to make regulations willy nilly regardless of what works and what doesnt?

Old 11-14-2016, 02:55 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,794,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
The old age argument about cronyism is that, you put people in charge of the regulatory agencies who have been in the industry because they know the industry, history had told us that this creates a revolving door between industry and the regulatory agencies where those agencies don't do their jobs, this was exemplified in the financial crisis. Having said that putting lobbyist in charge of the agencies or in charge of picking the people in charge is a whole new evolution on cronyism. Again i am not saying impeach trump just if this is of any concern.
Let's see if President Trump can follow through on his pledge to not allow his appointees to lobby the government when they leave his administration for x number of years.

You can't just fill the jobs with a bunch of academics or recent grads with no work experience. I bet most are temporary hires and will be replaced.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:15 PM

6,631 posts, read 5,063,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Let's see if President Trump can follow through on his pledge to not allow his appointees to lobby the government when they leave his administration for x number of years.

You can't just fill the jobs with a bunch of academics or recent grads with no work experience. I bet most are temporary hires and will be replaced.
That's fair. That would interrupt the revolving door, to what extend I don't know but it would be a step in the right direction.
I I think he could of going less connected people to the lobbying world, for people without trump colored glasses it would seem a lot like the fox building the henhouse.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
which would you rather have in government positions, people who have real industry experience who can make the right changes to make things better, or people with no industry experience that are going to make regulations willy nilly regardless of what works and what doesnt?

Nice rationalization of the fact that Der Trumpf lied to you.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Let's see if President Trump can follow through on his pledge to not allow his appointees to lobby the government when they leave his administration for x number of years. You can't just fill the jobs with a bunch of academics or recent grads with no work experience. I bet most are temporary hires and will be replaced.
So much for that "outsider" thing, huh?

Old 11-14-2016, 03:27 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,791,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
Nice rationalization of the fact that Der Trumpf lied to you.
Once again where did he lie? Where did he say he was only bringing in people with no clue what they are doing? He has always said he hires the best that he can to do the job, so far he seems to be trying to do just that, even if you do not like who he is bringing on, he never hid it and you guys cannot seem to handle the fact that some of us actually are happy with these guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies