Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 11:40 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,109,646 times

Advertisements

Posted this earlier in Current Events, but it was pulled because it was too controversial so I'm posting it here. It's pretty shocking. A 73 year old woman in Florida was shot while role playing the "bad guy" during citizen police academy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ce-simulation/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 11:42 AM

24,459 posts, read 23,156,696 times
It was funny when Barney Fyfe did it.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:03 PM

22,687 posts, read 24,700,289 times
Somebody has to be held criminally-liable for this murder.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:05 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,435,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Somebody has to be held criminally-liable for this murder.
Its not a murder. Seriously. Its manslaughter. And the people involved are ABSOLUTELY at fault. Live weapons have ZERO place in this sort of training for EXACTLY this reason.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:09 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,972,354 times
I'm confused. She looked like an old white lady. How is it she got shot then?

Old 08-10-2016, 09:22 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,422,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its not a murder. Seriously. Its manslaughter. And the people involved are ABSOLUTELY at fault. Live weapons have ZERO place in this sort of training for EXACTLY this reason.
i agree with ticky, you had a cop that should of know gun safety more than anybody around, shoots and kills a lady and we should expect a "Sorry, didnt mean for that to happen" you can get a murder charge if you kill someone during a dui. so i think it should be murder just because the cop had more safety training than the average gun owner. H e should of check the gun mult times .

somebody going reply, well he got to live with it for his life time. dont care. there too much emotion in justice, remember the lady of law is blindfolder so they should be no emotion. kill someone - murder charge.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:10 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,219,340 times
Quote:

Could not agree more; they make practice weapons, they are hard plastic, they have the look of a real firearm, have all of the correct parts in the correct locations, and most of the time they are a bright blue, but unlike a real firearm, there is no magazine that can be removed, there is no working trigger, and there is certainly no working barrel from which the bullet can be fired from.

I see the value of real weapons in certain training scenarios, but not in any scenario that a someone would be drawing their weapon from it's holster and even for pretend shooting it at someone.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:03 AM

24,459 posts, read 23,156,696 times
He could have a case for a lighter charge IF he received the gun from another instructor and was told or had the belief it was unloaded or safe. I remember the Youtube video of the dingus cop who was doing a gun safety demonstration at a school and the gun discharged in the classroom. He was fired but luckily no one was hurt. Its a monumental screw up and the police department will have to pay big time and the cop in question will never wear a badge again or own a gun again in any case.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:34 AM

18,162 posts, read 15,678,644 times
Quote:
Ummm....yea. WTF were they doing using a real weapon and live rounds!!? That just boggles my mind.The spin on this promises to be even more baffling. Even using a real weapon at all, even if "empty", or with blanks should be out of the question. Being as, to my mind, there is no such thing as an empty firearm. Personally, I would have refused to participate with a real weapon.

I have NEVER been in a training situation where , if a weapon was to be drawn and pointed at someone, a real firearm was used. Closest thing was use of Simunitions, but the weapons were specially made just for that, were painted sky blue, and would not take live ammo. And they would be used in a training scenerio such as this one. Simunitions hurt.

This was a rubber gun situation, period!!! The complete carelessness here goes over and above "stupid hurts".

Old 08-11-2016, 06:57 PM

22,687 posts, read 24,700,289 times
Well, IF someone put a LIVE round in that weapon, intentionally.......yes, it was murder.

And hey, somebody NEEDS to be held CRIMINALLY LIABLE, that live-round didn't get into that weapon by itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies