Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 05:47 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I'm too busy working hard to have the luxury of swimming in my so called "privilege".
Touche. Exactly. most of us are working our fingers to the bone hoping some of that 'privilege' falls into our laps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 05:48 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Who cares? The people complaining are an insignificant minority. But, it sure does pay the bills for the media and Democrats.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:50 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm dumber for having watched that video. Thanks.
So you're saying that you started out dumb and wound up dumber?

Let me guess, Trump supporter?

Old 08-04-2016, 05:54 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I'm not a failure, and I believe in white privilege. Am I some sort of oddball?
Shrug...people believe in unicorns and fairies too. Go figure.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:57 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Right on the head. White liberals are always those born with the silver spoon, who have a sense of noblesse oblige, or however you want to say it.

Poor white folks know that it the black community that have the privlege. They get quota spots in universities, governement jobs and businesses. They get a handicap of several hundred points on their SATS. Their poor behavior is contantly defended as "black rage," or, absurdly, a legacy of events from hundreds of years ago. Etc.
Your so talented at lumping all Blacks together. You have it down to a science.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:58 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Clap, clap, clap, clap. You got it! BTW, there is no reason to be ashamed of white privilege. It is just something you can acknowledge and you just did. I understand you didn't intend to but you did.
Bravo!

Old 08-04-2016, 06:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So you're saying that you started out dumb and wound up dumber?

Let me guess, Trump supporter?
Of course I started out dumb. I'm in a thread debating SJWs.

Duh!

Old 08-04-2016, 06:07 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Read "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack" by Peggy McIntosh. (I would post a link, but it looks like the article has strict copyright laws about sharing it, so to save myself and C-D, I will not post it. You can find it on a Google search though. )

White privilege does not mean that being white privileges people in all situations, or that white people aren't going to face unfair situations, or that people of color can't be successful, or anything like that. It simply refers to contexts where white people will not experience the same negative things as people of color will due to race.

Here are some examples:

A white person can be pulled over unfairly by the police.
A white person who is pulled over unfairly by the police will likely be pulled over by an officer of the same race, and will most likely not wonder whether (s)he was targeted due to his/her race.
A person of color who is pulled over unfairly by the police will in many situations be pulled over by a white officer and will wonder whether (s)he was targeted due to his/her race.

A poor white person cannot afford to live in a wealthy neighborhood.
A poor person of color cannot afford to live in a wealthy neighborhood.
A white person with the means can choose to live in a wealthy neighborhood without fear of harassment or not being included due to his/her race.
A person of color with the means, if (s)he chooses to live in a wealthy neighborhood, will have to look out for and possibly contend with harassment or not being included due to his/her race.

Hopefully that clears it up.
And yet every metric shows that it is full of crap. Black people are pulled over 2% LESS then they are found to speed. Black people aren't harassed in wealthy white neighborhoods anywhere near white people in poor black neighborhoods. You are pushing fiction trying to pretend it is fact.

What is fact is that asians and whites are LESS likely to receive college admissions and monetary help compared to blacks or Hispanics BECAUSE OF RACISM.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:10 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
No such thing as white privilege.

Just a made up term from those who would rather be perpetual victims of their own imagination.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Read "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack" by Peggy McIntosh. (I would post a link, but it looks like the article has strict copyright laws about sharing it, so to save myself and C-D, I will not post it. You can find it on a Google search though. )

White privilege does not mean that being white privileges people in all situations, or that white people aren't going to face unfair situations, or that people of color can't be successful, or anything like that. It simply refers to contexts where white people will not experience the same negative things as people of color will due to race.

Here are some examples:

A white person can be pulled over unfairly by the police.
A white person who is pulled over unfairly by the police will likely be pulled over by an officer of the same race, and will most likely not wonder whether (s)he was targeted due to his/her race.
A person of color who is pulled over unfairly by the police will in many situations be pulled over by a white officer and will wonder whether (s)he was targeted due to his/her race.

A poor white person cannot afford to live in a wealthy neighborhood.
A poor person of color cannot afford to live in a wealthy neighborhood.
A white person with the means can choose to live in a wealthy neighborhood without fear of harassment or not being included due to his/her race.
A person of color with the means, if (s)he chooses to live in a wealthy neighborhood, will have to look out for and possibly contend with harassment or not being included due to his/her race.

Hopefully that clears it up.
Even the "person of color" thing can cut ACROSS "race lines". Why I say that is an Asian with DayGlo white skin many times WILL be accepted INTO the anglo white world despite being a "POC", especially if our Asian is anglo white in culture. OTOH: a darker skin anglo SOMETIMES will face prejudice from lighter skin people. Tho to be fair: a Black person from England WILL usually have far less prejudice from even most racist anglo white people here in the US. The British accent many times WILL cancel out having dark skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies