Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 07:35 AM

31,845 posts, read 17,824,669 times

Advertisements

Just because some people are disadvantaged doesn't mean others are advantaged. That's the flaw in all of this, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 07:38 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,800,638 times
white privilege is a catch phrase made up by left wing self loathing extremists to excuse black failure.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:56 AM

31,845 posts, read 17,824,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
white privilege is a catch phrase made up by left wing self loathing extremists to excuse black failure.
I think it's more like the weapon used by left wing self-loathing extremists to rob people for purposes of redistribution of wealth.

They're self-appointed Robin Hoods.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 16,031,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
"Finally a sensible idea emerges."

- IRS
I am certain someone is thinking of it.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:00 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,794,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
there's no actual 'privileges' for whites. whites don't get anything 'extra' than they would otherwise be expected to get.
Well. You probably don't get asked where you're from on a regular basis.
(Despite being born here.)

Old 08-14-2016, 08:03 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,806,486 times
#mywhiteprivilege was driving a 20 year old car, living in a basement apartment that flooded and smelled like must while working full time to put myself through college at night.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:05 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,559,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
#mywhiteprivilege was driving a 20 year old car, living in a basement apartment that flooded and smelled like must while working full time to put myself through college at night.
If you were black the car would have been 25 years old.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:06 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,800,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If you were black the car would have been 25 years old.
yeah, but he would have had access to the united negro college fund.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:32 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,932,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
White privilege doesn't impede on someone's ability to succeed. It simply means that white people are judged more individually than others. The privilege is "individual judgement". The ability to be looked at as an individual in America is a tremendous advantage. What someone does with the advantage is up to the person. But it basically means that a white person's race will never actually be a disadvantage. I feel when you are black your race is a disadvantage. This doesn't mean that you can't work from a disadvantage. It just means that it IS a disadvantage.
WRONG. I can think of several instances where being white was a disadvantage. When I worked at FcDonalds, our white manager was quick to come down like a hammer on myself and the only other white worker for daring to spend one minute after the rush to breathe and get to know each other. I think I got half a personal question addressed to her before our manager came around the corner and chastised us for talking.

Meanwhile, the Hispanic workers were always chatting away in spanish about their personal lives and she NEVER called them on that. I would say being white was a definite disadvantage.

And it was the same at Squalmart as well. White privelege has everything to do with strata you are on. The working poor of ANY color have never been treated as individuals, and this is especially true when your boss is hell bent on appearing politically correct by screwing over the white workers while overlooking the rule breaking by the minority workers.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:50 AM

9,026 posts, read 13,962,254 times
Why is this so hard to explain?

In the Usa at least,many black women in the workforce cannot wear their hair as it grows-into an afro. They have to wear or wig or straighten the hair in order to fit in.'

White people can just let their hair "be' without putting chemicals in it or straightening it with a hot comb.

This could be lookism too,i guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies