Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 11:53 AM

39,971 posts, read 26,769,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Muslim dead soldiers make good props for the Democrats. Sad!
Especially when said Democrats are too stupid to realize that such soldiers were killed by their fellow Muslims...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 11:55 AM

192 posts, read 132,507 times
Uhhh, religion has been an identifier for all soldiers since...forever? Just look on any dog tag, besides their name and blood type, you will find their religious preference.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:10 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,423,437 times
You think the military is this feel good organization of racial, ethnic and religious harmony?

Lol..the military is the first place that I encountered rampant racism.

That said, on the flip side, the best friends I've ever had from other races to this day are my Army pals (and high school/college friends).

In any case. Trump should just back down and be quiet about this mess.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:23 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,858,362 times
You are not Indian-American, Arab-American, Palestinian-American or <Insert ethnicity or country> American. YOU ARE AMERICAN & THATS IT. No duality.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:30 PM

11,251 posts, read 8,399,593 times
Trump was right, his followers are so blindly loyal that they they will back him no matter what. Trump said he could shoot somebody in (was it Times Square?) plain daylight and he wouldn't lose any voters.

Now he can insult our military, and still his followers flock to defend him.

Does nobody realize that his entire campaign is about insulting people, and creating controversies so he can gain press time, and AVOID talking about issues? It's what he knows, and he does it well, I'll give him that, but the job he is applying for is not the job of winning the election, it's the job of being POTUS.

To date, he (Trump) really has not given one bit of substance on how he'll do anything. Not one real answer. He's going to build a wall, and have Mexico pay for it?
He's going to ban all Muslims from entering the US (until he can figure what the hell is going on, which means forever)
He's going to create jobs (presumably in Asian sweat-shops, if history is an indicator)
He's going to stop terrorist attacks
---HOW?

And he's claimed to be very close friends with Putin, and also claimed he "knows nothing about him". Besides being in direct conflict with himself, both of those statements are potential disqualifiers for POTUS.

This guy is doing nothing but creating distractions. I don't know if he hates Muslim members of the Military or not, or if he values them less than other volunteers. What I am convinced of, is he'll say anything to win votes, yet he has not given one iota of substance on ANY issues, other than identifying (maybe) what the problem is. Not one plan on how to fix them.

He spends more time calling Hillary (and Ted, and Jeb, and Ben, and everyone) names than he does addressing the needs of our country.

And the letter written by the General is pretty pathetic too. Dems are not anti-military. They just have different ideas than Republicans. Arguably, Dems are much more supportive of the military. They are not the ones to cut funding to the VA, and they are less likely to send people off to war in the first place.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:06 PM

33,894 posts, read 12,977,133 times
Correction - see my post #10 - Lt. Colonel, not Colonel.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:24 PM

33,894 posts, read 12,977,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
And the letter written by the General is pretty pathetic too. Dems are not anti-military. They just have different ideas than Republicans. Arguably, Dems are much more supportive of the military. They are not the ones to cut funding to the VA, and they are less likely to send people off to war in the first place.
He's a Lt. Colonel, not a General, and plenty of people critical of Dems aren't Republicans and aren't Trump supporters.

Also, please name a member of the House or Senate with a D next to his/her name who supports vouchers for Vets so they can get care elsewhere if they so desire.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:43 AM

11,251 posts, read 8,399,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
He's a Lt. Colonel, not a General, and plenty of people critical of Dems aren't Republicans and aren't Trump supporters.

Also, please name a member of the House or Senate with a D next to his/her name who supports vouchers for Vets so they can get care elsewhere if they so desire.
That is the problem. Republicans like to frame everything with "our solution is the only solution, and if you don't agree, you are against".

Old 08-02-2016, 08:30 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,936,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You think the military is this feel good organization of racial, ethnic and religious harmony?

Lol..the military is the first place that I encountered rampant racism.

That said, on the flip side, the best friends I've ever had from other races to this day are my Army pals (and high school/college friends).

In any case. Trump should just back down and be quiet about this mess.
Millitary is full of racism that's a fact. The military was still segregated until 1948 despite people of color being used to fight in wars as early as the Revolution. And even now, the majority of African Americans and Latinos serving complain of racial discrimination in the assignments they are given and the treatment they receive. It runs heavy in the marines and Army
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies