Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 01:17 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,793,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Which actually went on Steroids post Citizen United decision!! The corns then became hidden under the guise of Super Packs where they could hide their identities..thus hide their control of whomever they were backing.
So in your opinion you don't see Hillary as corrupt who will cater to crony capitalist so they will contribute to her re-election?

There are so many naive people in this country. Oh, you're from Canada and you're opinion matters why? You have your liberal utopia, why are you nebbing in US politics? Aren't you happy up there?

Old 04-01-2016, 01:30 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,919,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
A common phrase from the right-wing side of that group is "we need to take our country back". Back from who?

There is also a proven pattern of poor whites going out of their way to avoid living around poor people of other races (Hispanics, Blacks, etc.). What is the reason for this?

It seems poor whites see themselves as being "above" poor Blacks and poor Hispanics based only on the fact that they are white.

I'm looking to better understand what drives this thinking.
It's been like that forever even with them being just as poor they still feel they have the upper hand

Old 04-01-2016, 01:34 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,793,978 times
It's actually that you have an inferiority complex.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:27 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,526,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's actually that you have an inferiority complex.
Who has an inferiority complex?

This is the new thing I've noticed on forums whenever someone wants to discuss issues like quality, discrimination, etc. The new thing is to not acknowledge the problem and claim things like "reverse racism" or "reverse sexism".

I remember people saying racism is over when Obama got elected. Apparently having a black president means 100% of the white population is free of any racism or racist thoughts and the only racism in America is from the minorities.

Nice strategy though.. I must say lol.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:13 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,408,379 times
[quote=Chriz Brown;43565739]That's because of the entitlement that comes from living in the U.S.

Poor whites see the U.S. as "their country" more so than any other racial group. So they feel like they are entitled to certain things "first" simply because they are white. When someone from a minority group outshines them economically they believe "their country" is being taken away from them.
[quote]

And how's that working out for them? Do you see everything going their way? Not going the poor black way either bub. Poor blacks think by importing the 3rd world, they are going to have a paradise once they have enough political allies...They will be in for a real surprise....

Quote:
On other forums many whites have verbalized this.. that America is a white country first. Therefore, the norm should be whites above all others and minorities below whites.
Why yes they do and blacks think Washington DC should not have gentrified and driven them out or that Latinos should not push them out of LA. Do you have a point that might be useful to Americans ?

DC's Poorest Residents Fight Displacement by Gentrification

Gentrification Pushing African Americans Out of Cities - New America Media

Who cares if Harlem isn't black anymore. What's the problem?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/06/ny.../06harlem.html

Quote:
This is something the Republican party exploits to get votes from poor whites. However, the Republican party does not care about poor whites (or the common man) anymore than they care about poor blacks or poor hispanics. The reality is.. neither party cares about poor people. They just pretend so they can secure votes. And this happens election after election, yet the morons on both sides still don't get it lol.

Finally said something that made any sense.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:05 PM

781 posts, read 738,414 times
Quote:
So this would mean that the less racist a person is the more "evolved" they are. This would also mean that the more racist a person is the more they have in common with dumb animals.
No. All humans are dumb animals. The racist and non-racist alike. Sometimes the tribes fall along racial lines, sometimes they divide by other just as artificial, irrational human social conventions. The so called "evolved" or "enlightened" fall into tribes, into social hierarchies and enforce conformity according to arbitrary conventions just like everybody else. Part of the dangerous blindness of the left is that they think, mistakenly, that they're somehow above the petty irrationalities of people allegedly so much less "evolved" and/or enlightened than they are.

And you're equivocating on the word "evolved". Humans won't evolve out of this until we literally evolve. Notice my very precise and intentional use of the phrase "inherent nature". It's a part of what we all are by our very nature. Nothing else is possible to a bunch of primates with a badly designed rational fore-brain slapped onto an ape brain/lizard brain. None of this stuff will go away until humans go away or we're replaced by whatever that next real step in evolution is, h0m0-computericus or whatever.

The history of the human race, the way things have gone up until now is our future history. Gulags, concentration camps, the killing fields, ethnic cleansing, purges, kings, emperors, dictators, dictatorships of the people. It will happen again and again and again and again. And it will come just as much from the left as from the right.

Give a bunch of primates a feeling of certainty and that smug self-righteous belief that they're oh so much more evolved then those "others" and they are capable of literally anything....

Old 04-02-2016, 02:34 AM

1,431 posts, read 915,368 times
Quote:
This is something the Republican party exploits to get votes from poor whites. However, the Republican party does not care about poor whites (or the common man) anymore than they care about poor blacks or poor hispanics. The reality is.. neither party cares about poor people. They just pretend so they can secure votes. And this happens election after election, yet the morons on both sides still don't get it lol.
If that's the case, why are black folks voting 90%+ Democrat every election? Someone please answer this.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:00 AM

30,574 posts, read 19,310,005 times
Quote:
A common phrase from the right-wing side of that group is "we need to take our country back". Back from who?

There is also a proven pattern of poor whites going out of their way to avoid living around poor people of other races (Hispanics, Blacks, etc.). What is the reason for this?

It seems poor whites see themselves as being "above" poor Blacks and poor Hispanics based only on the fact that they are white.

I'm looking to better understand what drives this thinking.
I would say more they don't want to live around blacks because of the violent crime , terrible schools, and racism and threats that comes with living around blacks. I grew up in a black majority community and left because I didn't want my kids to have to live around that level of racism, violence, and horrible schools.

Whites that don't want to live around Hispanics prefer their own culture and language and also don't want to have their children be subjected to a culture that is foreign to them.

You will see much greater effort for whites to leave an area dominated by blacks than an area dominated by Hispanics when you see housing and moving patterns in the last few decades because of the reasons above.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:23 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,197,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why would ANY white person have a superiority complex for that matter? Because i sure as hell can't figure it out.

Hell, why would anyone PERIOD have a superiority complex?
Issues...those types have serious issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
We all know why.....being white and American was the one thing which they had going for themselves, even if they were poor and destitute. Now, with globalization increasing and racism decreasing in this country, they're on the bottom rung with the rest of the poor and that's why they're so angry.
Agreed. It's amusing.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:33 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,197,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I would say more they don't want to live around blacks because of the violent crime , terrible schools, and racism and threats that comes with living around blacks. I grew up in a black majority community and left because I didn't want my kids to have to live around that level of racism, violence, and horrible schools.

Whites that don't want to live around Hispanics prefer their own culture and language and also don't want to have their children be subjected to a culture that is foreign to them.

You will see much greater effort for whites to leave an area dominated by blacks than an area dominated by Hispanics when you see housing and moving patterns in the last few decades because of the reasons above.
Let them feel like this because these days, there are a number of affluent "black" areas, especially in places like the Maryland, NY, Florida and California. Clearly, you grew up in a less fortunate area.

"A culture?" Black is not a culture. If you don't know the culture grew up around because you are racially focused then say so.

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insight...d-diverse.html

Hispanics are a varied group as well. Certain groups live closer to AAs and Caribbean people (especially if they are Hispanic Caribbean). Other Hispanics live among each other and some live closer to whites.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 04-02-2016 at 03:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies