Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:39 PM

208 posts, read 412,475 times

Advertisements

No, Hawaii is NOT functioning fine. They are very racist against whites and have special privileges over whites and other ethnic groups. They are also looking to split from the Union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,570,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
No, Hawaii is NOT functioning fine. They are very racist against whites and have special privileges over whites and other ethnic groups. They are also looking to split from the Union.
My daughter lives in Hawaii, and she's half white. Will they send her halfway back to the mainland? I sure hope not...

Old 02-19-2008, 04:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,364,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You're KIDDING, I hope..how in the WORLD did they ever pull THAT off ?..are you serious?....
Absolutely serious.

Hawaii is the most racially integrated State in America - and always has been. Whites are even the largest minority group - that title goes to Asians.

Ken

Old 02-19-2008, 04:48 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,857,035 times
Quote:
You've never been to Hawaii have you?

Old 02-19-2008, 04:51 PM

It's one things to "hang out" in the resort areas, and cruise around town, it's a totally different scenario when you're trying to live there. Do a Google search on a movement for Hawaii to split from the US, that's what a big group of them want.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:53 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,956,438 times
Quote:
It's one things to "hang out" in the resort areas, and cruise around town, it's a totally different scenario when you're trying to live there. Do a Google search on a movement for Hawaii to split from the US, that's what a big group of them want.
Just because a group wants something doesn't necessarily mean that the state as a whole wants it.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:53 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,364,565 times
Quote:
More BS.
Does it ever end?
Hawaii is not going anywhere anytime soon. I've spent my fair share of time in Hawaii (and other Pacific Islands for that matter) and I'm fully aware of the Hawaiian Independence movement. It'll never happen. There is some anti-white sentiment among SOME Hawaiians but pureblood native Hawaiians make up a TINY fraction of the population (5% or so). The vast majority of the resentment on Hawaii is not necessarily directed against one particular race, but rather against the hoards of mainlanders who have come there fairly recently and driven up the housing prices so that local folks (ALL local folks of ALL races - not just Hawaiians) are unable to afford to buy a home there - and that same thing has happened here in Seattle (where low and behold) some folks dislike Californians for moving here and driving up home prices.

Ken

Old 02-19-2008, 04:56 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,857,035 times
Quote:
So a fringe group is suddenly representative of the entire population? And of course it's tough to actually live in Hawaii! Honolulu makes LA look affordable!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:01 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,250,060 times
Quote:
To NewtoCA:

I know you want to think and hope that everything's fine but it's not. The diagnosis is cancer and it's spreading fast. Turn the TV off, get out and travel, network, do some research. You'll find things are actually far worse than what I've posted. You can't just "hope" everything will be fine like the folks who ran the Titanic.

You're looking at the world through your reality of what human behavior should be. You believe that because something makes sense to you and because you see it on TV, that's how every one else does too.

The marches happened. Gangs are very real. PAC's are very real - they're out to advance the cause of their ethnic group. The school curriculum is very real. The diversity workshops most companies have to go through are very real. The ethnic "no go zones" in the big cities are very real.
I get around to plenty of different areas, and in fact just spent the past weekend in Los Angeles. Don't you think it is a bit presumptuous to assume that those who disagree with you get their information from TV, while you go out and live life?

Again, I think you take specific events and expand them beyond their true participation and influence. I happen to think many will want to achieve, and make contributions to the future greatness of the USA. Sure, problems are always part of change, but overcoming the obstacles leads to further progress.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
So a fringe group is suddenly representative of the entire population? And of course it's tough to actually live in Hawaii! Honolulu makes LA look affordable!
If this is true, then why do people equate whites with the ideas of the KKK which is a very small group? Academia and diversity consultants forcefeed Americans the idea that whites should be groveling in guilt. And yet, only 1% of the US population even owned slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies