Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 02:02 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Their rights were upheld. None of them were arrested.
And yet, you still felt the need to create a thread about this non-issue, and made sure you included "men of Middle Eastern descent firing rounds" in the title so it would be good click bait, even though even you acknowledge they did nothing wrong. And I suppose you see nothing even slightly misleading or racist or fearmongering about that, right?

Sure you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 02:27 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People, except those of middle eastern decent, to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
They are just exercising their 2nd amendment rights. What's the problem??? Is this only apply if you are of a certain ethnic decent? Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Ok...so what's the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
I see groups of young white males at McDonalds at 2:00-3:00 AM sometimes after I get off work. What are they doing there and should I call the police?

You people need to figure out if you want a police state or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And yet, you still felt the need to create a thread about this non-issue, and made sure you included "men of Middle Eastern descent firing rounds" in the title so it would be good click bait, even though even you acknowledge they did nothing wrong. And I suppose you see nothing even slightly misleading or racist or fearmongering about that, right?

Sure you don't.
I guess all of you completely ignored the part of the article that stated where this incident took place:

Quote:
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies and an FBI agent responded to the scene Sunday morning and detained the men – reportedly all of Middle Eastern descent – who were camping out in the Deep Creek Hot Springs area Sunday morning, authorities said.
Didn't we have a mass shooting in SAN BERNARDINO not even FOUR MONTHS AGO by extremists that were of MIDDLE EASTERN descent? Ok, just checking. Smh, are y'all really this disingenuous?

Old 03-31-2016, 02:30 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
17 men of middle eastern descent shooting guns and yellow Allah Akbar stuff, and you dems see no reason for this to have been reported or for law enforcement to keep a watchful eye on them? It's that type of PC stuff that allows terrorist attacks to happen.
Exactly.
When Muslims act like this, I'd rather err on the side of caution and risk being unPC than not connect the dots with another terrorist plot.

The neighbors of the San Bernardino Muslims wouldn't report their suspicious behavior because of the fear democrats would call them racists.

Old 03-31-2016, 02:33 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
I guess all of you completely ignored the part of the article that stated where this incident took place:

Didn't we have a mass shooting in SAN BERNARDINO not even FOUR MONTHS AGO by extremists that were of MIDDLE EASTERN descent? Ok, just checking. Smh, are y'all really this disingenuous?
Last I checked, this doesn't change anything regarding rights to shoot or assemble.

Do you suggest laws bend based on proximity to past events?

Old 03-31-2016, 02:35 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:

And? The police investigated, found nothing wrong, but still the OP felt the need to post it. Why? What was the point if there is no story there?

You don't have to answer that because we all know already. That headline was simply too good to pass up. Fearmongering at its finest.

Old 03-31-2016, 02:37 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People, except those of middle eastern decent, to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Yeh. I don't think the second amendment includes firing off rounds for no reason.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:48 PM

21,470 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Sure you don't.
Nope. I stand by my post, and the title. That was in the article. And I acknowledged that they did nothing wrong that we know of. Seventeen guys chanting Allah-Akbar while shooting lots of guns sounds pretty fishy to me.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:51 PM

37,179 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:

We lose over 30 people a day in the U.S to gun violence, and I'm willing to bet that most of those are committed by Caucasian males. Maybe we need to call the cops every time we see one.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We lose over 30 people a day in the U.S to gun violence, and I'm willing to bet that most of those are committed by Caucasian males. Maybe we need to call the cops every time we see one.
And how about these guys?

Articles: Illegal Aliens Murder at a Much Higher Rate Than US Citizens Do

Elusive crime wave data shows frightening toll of illegal immigrant criminals | Fox News

You folks have got to get your priorities straight. Terrorist acts in the U.S., including 9/11 have a long way to go before catching up to those numbers killed by illegal Mexicans, yet you seem to tolerate them because they cut your grass cheaper or some such stupidity.

Moronic.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
They are just exercising their 2nd amendment rights. What's the problem??? Is this only apply if you are of a certain ethnic decent? Oh well.

Erm... OKay so you have 17 guys shooting guns yelling Allahu Akbar.

I think that deserves much attention, not for shooting their guns, but for yelling like terrorists while doing it. Just think how liberal gun grabbers would spin it if it were 17 white guys yelling Praise Jesus while shooting. The cops would have 5150'd them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And how about these guys?

Articles: Illegal Aliens Murder at a Much Higher Rate Than US Citizens Do

Elusive crime wave data shows frightening toll of illegal immigrant criminals | Fox News

You folks have got to get your priorities straight. Terrorist acts in the U.S., including 9/11 have a long way to go before catching up to those numbers killed by illegal Mexicans, yet you seem to tolerate them because they cut your grass cheaper or some such stupidity.

Moronic.
It really is, absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Yeh. I don't think the second amendment includes firing off rounds for no reason.
If they weren't shooting into the air then it most certainly does. There's no such thing as shooting for no reason, but there is laws against shooting certain ways.
Quote:
We ALL already know what the answer is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
..and you'd lose that bet.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-31-2016 at 06:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies