Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 01:34 PM

6,266 posts, read 5,081,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Seriously? Capping a statement bearing false witness with a declaration of affirmation?

I condemn violence in most cases. I just don't stereotype entire religions and ethnic groups into being fundamentally violent. This is where my opinion and yours parts ways...

I've only skimmed through this thread and did not read every post. We keep going around and around on this issue but I see the bottom line as this:

1. Senior national security folks have already testified outright that there is NO way to effectively vet the refugees

2. ISIS has already warned (promised) that they will infiltrate the US-bound refugee population with terrorists bent on destruction

3. ISIS has already infiltrated the European refugee population with terrorists bent on destruction

4. Many citizens of this country have legitimate concerns about national security and the willingness of refugees to fully integrate into this country. No amount of empty promises (and no attempts to insult the legitimate concerns of the American population) will change that fact.

5. Citizens of this nation have no obligation to accept refugees, will not be insulted into willingly accepting refugees, have no reason to apologize for not wanting refugees, and those who try to shame, insult, dismiss, denigrate or demonize American citizens for feeling differently from themselves, can go to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 01:41 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,223,209 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say it's right but it is something I'm sometimes guilty of...
then just acknowledge that you are a double standard person, a hypocrite. In fact, guess what, you are lucky that you live in a country where being a hypocrite is legal and even encouraged on both sides of the political spectrum.

But you are apparently gifted at understating things as not a big deal.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:42 PM

410 posts, read 398,866 times
Quote:
I've taken a polygraph when I did a study for the NSA at Fort Gordon. So yes, I know they're not 100%.

As for knowing someone will not eventually get radicalized, you can't. There's a certain amount of chance involved...
Finally we agree.
So our best case scenario is that most of the muslim refugees would be fine but some will be radicalized.
My position is that given how one lone wolf/one suicide bomber can inflict so much damage, I am not willing to take that chance.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:50 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,143,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I've only skimmed through this thread and did not read every post. We keep going around and around on this issue but I see the bottom line as this:

1. Senior national security folks have already testified outright that there is NO way to effectively vet the refugees

2. ISIS has already warned (promised) that they will infiltrate the US-bound refugee population with terrorists bent on destruction

3. ISIS has already infiltrated the European refugee population with terrorists bent on destruction

4. Many citizens of this country have legitimate concerns about national security and the willingness of refugees to fully integrate into this country. No amount of empty promises (and no attempts to insult the legitimate concerns of the American population) will change that fact.

5. Citizens of this nation have no obligation to accept refugees, will not be insulted into willingly accepting refugees, have no reason to apologize for not wanting refugees, and those who try to shame, insult, dismiss, denigrate or demonize American citizens for feeling differently from themselves, can go to hell.
So what should we do? Don't let anyone in the country?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I could see why "southern conservatives" didn't like blacks. If you hadn't noticed many of them hate upper class whites too. Time well spent on the history of the Caribbean allowed me to understand this strange and even somewhat obscene phenomenon.

Poor whites were more or less the descendants of freemen and indentured servitude. Early colonial history was more or less a repeat of Roman history. Slavery was the bane of freedmen. As slaves were utilized and trained, poor white freemen had trouble competing. They hated slavery for this reason. It was the some 5% plantation owners that imported most of the slaves. What a cruel irony it is that the white financial elites have also successfully made them the scape for a legacy of slavery..... Most of those white people not only had nothing to do with it, it was their main competition.

So I can sort of see why the black has been to them a constant curse....

Even today there is enormous amount of harmony between white upper class and poor blacks, Hillary being a prime example. Also notice the obvious hatred between poor and wealthy whites.

We see the exact replay today. Cheap Mexican labor isn't the idea of poor whites anymore than slavery was. It isn't the idea of the descendants of slaves either...who are now in the same position as poor whites.

So you might want to think about that and perhaps remind those whites that blacks were just a proxy of the problem we have today. Also might want to remind blacks who continue to follow the main class that exploited them. Both are being manipulated masterfully.
take some time to read that poster's discussion, and it's easy to see the enormous hatred they have toward "southern conservatives" and perhaps poor whites in general. They've subscribed to the divide and conquer that the elites in America have always used.

The cozy relationship between wealth whites and the black community is one of peculiar tragedy. Wealth whites never represented the interests of blacks. Historically, they were the slave owners, those who brought blacks here, and those who had a better life because of their white privilege. They are also the people who structured the economic system so that poor whites aren't educated and are in turn blamed for their uneducatedness.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:53 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Sweden and all of Europe needs to scoop this human refuse up and send them back where they came from.
I don't know if they have the strength of their grandparent's generation but they are going to have to get very hard to deal with this.

They have to get them ALL out, the good and the bad. Creating minority populations in peaceful nations is a huge mistake. I don't care what the reason is, they don't belong there.

Germany, the UK, France, Sweden, Norway should be ONLY for ethnic people's of those nations.

By all means help them if they need it, but why let them move to our countries? Makes no sense.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
then just acknowledge that you are a double standard person, a hypocrite. In fact, guess what, you are lucky that you live in a country where being a hypocrite is legal and even encouraged on both sides of the political spectrum.

But you are apparently gifted at understating things as not a big deal.
Hypocrite, no. Set in my ways, yes... Partidista...

Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
take some time to read that poster's discussion, and it's easy to see the enormous hatred they have toward "southern conservatives" and perhaps poor whites in general. They've subscribed to the divide and conquer that the elites in America have always used.

The cozy relationship between wealth whites and the black community is one of peculiar tragedy. Wealth whites never represented the interests of blacks. Historically, they were the slave owners, those who brought blacks here, and those who had a better life because of their white privilege. They are also the people who structured the economic system so that poor whites aren't educated and are in turn blamed for their uneducatedness.
Are you so naive that you can't see that southern conservatives are the primary antagonist to civil rights in America? The same civil rights that are core issue to black Americans. And "uneducatedness" is not a word...

Old 03-29-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
So what should we do? Don't let anyone in the country?
see, you always go to the other extreme. Do you think there is no middle between allowing anyone and allowing no one?

I can't stress this more. It's the violence that drove refugees out of their homeland toward europe. and here you avoid condemning violence, you say you do it in most cases. Look, we're tryin to make things better for everyone, including refugees. And the last thing refugees want to see is the type of violence inflicted on the television crew. Make no mistake. You might tolerate such violence, but refugees don't. They brought their pillows and family to europe, risked their lives, precisely because of violence. You certainly have no refugees' or muslims' best interest in mind.

You said muslims have their "issues." The crimes were done by criminals. You resort it to "muslim's issues," directly implying that muslims are the cause of these downplayed issues. You seem to think this violent slum situation is what muslims live in. It can't be more false from reality: Muslims are fleeing violence.

In speaking for muslims superficially, you've in fact revealed your deep bigotry and assumption toward muslims. You picture them living in violent slums that people like you don't care about. Such violence affects people like "southern conservatives" and that makes you see the violence differently. You indirectly ignore the very violent people most refugees escaped from. All that, all that, just so that things are worse for "southern conservatives," even if it is at the cost of the safety of refugees, pedestrians, and the social stability of your own democracy.

You have a lot of thinking to do. You need to look into the mirror.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:05 PM

6,266 posts, read 5,081,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
Finally we agree.
So our best case scenario is that most of the muslim refugees would be fine but some will be radicalized.
My position is that given how one lone wolf/one suicide bomber can inflict so much damage, I am not willing to take that chance.
I remember seeing a picture right after the Boston Marathon bombing. A young man had his lower leg blown off. The picture came out very quickly after the bombing, and he was being rushed to medical aid. You could see his foot was gone, his lower leg was shredded, and his leg bones were sticking out in a bloody mess. The look of pain and horror on his face (along with the people who were rushing him to medical aid) is a look that I will never, ever forget.

By the end of that first day, the picture was being edited for general distribution. The lower leg had been cut out of the picture.

I think about the recent Brussels attack, and the nails, screws and washers that were included with the bombs, to maximize damage. Do Americans understand that these deaths are not clean and neat? That bodies are maimed, ripped and shredded apart? That the bombs are set off indiscriminately - men, women, children, old people, babies, Muslims, Christians, whoever is unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time? The who is not important. The level of death and destruction is ALL that matters.

I will say again what I said before. It will take a catastrophic incident on our own soil and unimaginable death and destruction before we finally wake up. We have forgotten the horror of 9-11 because so many Americans have such a short memory.. Freshmen in college now were three years old on 9-11. Have they learned what well financed, murderous animals with no conscience are truly capable of?

Do bleeding hearts believe that they will be untouched when terror is unleashed in the United States? That their families will be untouched? Wake up for Gods' sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies