Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 09:16 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,143,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
If only making pi*s poor logical equivalence were a crime.

If the refugees are being violent in Cologne, in Molenbeek, in Calais and in Stockholm; what makes you think they will integrate here?
Further, you are living in a world devoid of reality if you think only white Americans support trump.
The poster I was replying to said, "Most of these people have absolutely no intention of assimilating". This is what I was specifically addressing. When arguments are made from ignorance you end up way off the mark.

And no, I don't think "only" white Americans support Trump. This statement proves you didn't even remotely understand what I typed. Having this stance would put me in the same boat as the poster I'm addressing...

LOL... Wow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 09:21 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,329,858 times
and in other news....

millions of orphan wolves were relocated to sheep pastures throughout the continent today as it is thought that they should all live in peach and harmony...

This world right now would make an awesome episode of the twighlight zone

Old 03-29-2016, 09:21 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,577,061 times
Unfortunately in this case immigration looks more like an invasion.

In the past immigrants came to countries for a better life and assimilated into the culture of that country. The groups that want sharia law want us to assimilate to their way of life. This will not end well.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:23 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,562,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The poster I was replying to said, "Most of these people have absolutely no intention of assimilating". This is what I was specifically addressing. When arguments are made from ignorance you end up way off the mark.

And no, I don't think "only" white Americans support Trump. This statement proves you didn't even remotely understand what I typed. Having this stance would put me in the same boat as the poster I'm addressing...

LOL... Wow...

What evidence are you aware of that would make you believe otherwise?

There are millions of them scattered throughout Europe and it is simply a fact that "most of them have no intention of assimilating".

That isn't groundbreaking news by any stretch of the imagination.
Almost mind blowing that you would attempt to contest something so obvious.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:47 AM

2,485 posts, read 2,223,209 times
Quote:

LOL... Wow...
the problem is that you fight the generalization of muslims, but avoid addressing the horrific incidents occured even with camera on. there are reasonable muslims in that show, and they face tremendous backlash precisely because of these horrific acts. Avoding to address these problems makes the life of a peaceful muslim that much harder in an already tense Europe.

are there trump supporter communities who would throw rocks at pedestrians, block ambulances, beat you to the ground? i bet most liberals would not expect their conservative neighbor to throw iphones at their heads or run their child to the ditch. they wouldn't even expect it. in a sense, you are spoiled and you haven't seen the real world yet. but unfortunately, it'll be more of a common sight in Europe.

the liberal view today completely privileges the white people, espeically the white male, by applying grown up standards to them, all the while applying lesser standards to an "other" group like muslims.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:09 AM

31,092 posts, read 22,143,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
and in other news....

millions of orphan wolves were relocated to sheep pastures throughout the continent today as it is thought that they should all live in peach and harmony...

This world right now would make an awesome episode of the twighlight zone
Good analogy, but there are only a few wolves among them. The rest just support them.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:22 AM

410 posts, read 398,866 times
Quote:
How is your suggestion that most of the these people DO intent to assimilate not out of ignorance?
Have you read any report/studies, from a unbiased source, which prove that they intent to assimilate?

Further, what benefit do you think they would bring to the American society/economy?
If they are being violent in Cologne, in Molenbeek, in Calais and in Stockholm; what makes you think they will integrate here?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
What evidence are you aware of that would make you believe otherwise?

There are millions of them scattered throughout Europe and it is simply a fact that "most of them have no intention of assimilating".

That isn't groundbreaking news by any stretch of the imagination.
Almost mind blowing that you would attempt to contest something so obvious.
I've been to both Europe and the Middle East and I've talked to people and seen things with my own eyes. Some people want to integrate while others do not.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,286,966 times
Islam is an affront to civilized society.(this does not include liberals!).

Old 03-29-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
the problem is that you fight the generalization of muslims, but avoid addressing the horrific incidents occured even with camera on. there are reasonable muslims in that show, and they face tremendous backlash precisely because of these horrific acts. Avoding to address these problems makes the life of a peaceful muslim that much harder in an already tense Europe.

are there trump supporter communities who would throw rocks at pedestrians, block ambulances, beat you to the ground? i bet most liberals would not expect their conservative neighbor to throw iphones at their heads or run their child to the ditch. they wouldn't even expect it. in a sense, you are spoiled and you haven't seen the real world yet. but unfortunately, it'll be more of a common sight in Europe.

the liberal view today completely privileges the white people, espeically the white male, by applying grown up standards to them, all the while applying lesser standards to an "other" group like muslims.
Yes, because ethnic, racial, and religious generalizations done by conservatives tend to be wrong and based off stereotypes. Proof in point...

As for Trump and his supporters; the international community has voiced horror at how nationalistic bigotry can infest American major politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies