Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2016, 06:33 PM

497 posts, read 433,041 times

Advertisements

You are grasping at straws here.

First the narrative was that he was unarmed and shot with his hands up. Then the aircraft video was released, so the story changed to that he must have been tasered and was reaching for the taser not a gun. Then we get the audio and autopsy, so now the story is changed to, he wasn't shot with his hands up but he was shot at with his hands up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
As I've said, I believe that the state troopers shooting was justified, it was the FBI that shot at LaVoy twice when his hands we up at 5:30 in the video you posted., right as he steps out of the truck.

There are five FBI HRT members that are now being investigated.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Even if you refuse to believe the physical evidence, why don't you take Finicum at his own word? He was telling the cops to shoot him.

Quote:
Yes, just like ever other politician.

Well, I don't know about that, the cops shot at him five times, and he still never pulled his gun. I'm not saying the state police weren't justified in their shooting. Now the FBI shooting is a little more questionable. I'm interested in hearing their justification for both shooting at LaVoy, and then lying about it to the investigators.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:50 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,163,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh - "shot at", not "shot". My bad. Well, good that it's being investigated. Not that it had any influence whatsoever on the outcome, but that's at least questionable judgment. And hiding it is - bad.
Yes, it's good that the Sheriff had the guts to not cover this up in his investigation. I'm sure the FBI put a lot of pressure on him not to release the fact that the FBI took shots at LaVoy while his hands were up, and then lied about it. It makes you wonder what else the FBI has lied about during this whole standoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post

First the narrative was that he was unarmed and shot with his hands up. Then the aircraft video was released, so the story changed to that he must have been tasered and was reaching for the taser not a gun. Then we get the audio and autopsy, so now the story is changed to, he wasn't shot with his hands up but he was shot at with his hands up.
I said shot at.

The people inside the truck were unable to see the whole event, but you can't blame them for saying that LaVoy was shot while his hands were up, because they started shooting at him as soon as he got out of the truck with his hand up. There was no way they know if the the two shots fired by the FBI hit LaVoy or not. I don't doubt that they truly believed that they were telling the truth.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:10 PM

78,860 posts, read 46,980,294 times
Quote:

Speaking of the aircraft vid... Where is the infrared protocol? The one that would show the heat signal tracers from the weapons discharge and projectiles.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:25 PM

What infrared? We don't even know what sort of aircraft the footage was from let alone whether it had or was using an FLIR camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Speaking of the aircraft vid... Where is the infrared protocol? The one that would show the heat signal tracers from the weapons discharge and projectiles.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Quote:
What infrared? We don't even know what sort of aircraft the footage was from let alone whether it had or was using an FLIR camera.
There is absolutely no doubt that the drone had FLIR. Heck, even some county law enforcement helicopters have FLIR, so of course a drone with FLIR would be dispatched to assist in an FBI HRT operation.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:33 PM

How do you know it was a drone? This is all complete speculation.

And what do you think the FLIR would tell you?

Quote:
There is absolutely no doubt that the drone had FLIR. Heck, even some county law enforcement helicopters have FLIR, so of course a drone with FLIR would be dispatched to assist in an FBI HRT operation.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
How do you know it was a drone? This is all complete speculation.

And what do you think the FLIR would tell you?
Because the FBI operates a fleet of drones. While it could have been a helicopter, it would also have FLIR.

The FBI HRT is for all intents and purposes, no different than the elite military special operations groups. They go through a lot of the same training, and use a lot of the same equipment, and they cross train with the spec ops groups. There is no doubt that any FBI HRT operation is going to have aircraft surveillance.

From an article about the FBI and it's use of drones.

Surveillance drones have been useful to the FBI in situations when the lives of agents are at risk, said a law enforcement official who was not authorized to speak publicly about the sensitive technology.

Cameras and sensors mounted on drones can track movement in the dark and detect heat signatures of people hiding on the ground.

FBI has been using drones since 2006, watchdog agency says - LA Times

The FLIR would show the muzzles flashes of the weapons that were shooting. So we could have seen who was shooting, and when.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:26 PM

47,142 posts, read 26,345,357 times
Quote:
I'm sure the FBI put a lot of pressure on him...
You're sure, because...?

Quote:
It makes you wonder what else the FBI has lied about during this whole standoff.
Oh, hooray! - let the speculation begin.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:31 PM

37,629 posts, read 19,576,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Where is Michelle Fiore, did she go into the witness protection program.
I heard earlier that she's getting ready to run for the U.S. Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies