Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 01:44 PM

17,591 posts, read 13,372,722 times

Advertisements

OK, here it goes. Rant starts now!

What the Hell is wrong with income inequality?

When I grew up, you went to college, got a job, and moved up if you merited moving up. If you were a slacker you slung burgers at MickeyDs. If you couldn't go to college you started at the bottom of a manufacturing hierarchy and then worked to move up. If you were a slacker, you slung burgers at MickyDs or worked as a janitor or maid'

What the Hell is wrong with paying, earning saving wealth according to your merits? Why should I be taxed more to cover slackers! Why does everyone want their fricken hands in my pockets in order to equalize someone else's lack of money?

Everyone of us started out the same. We were infants. My parents didn't have a pot to **** in. I inherited nothing. I worked from the time I was 9 or 10 cutting grass and shovelling snow. I worked myself through college. I worked to give my kids more than my parents could ever give me. (We had nothing, but we didn't know it- We always had something to eat and we found ways of entertaining ourselves)

If my kids make it, great. They are on their own. The bank of mike1003 closed down after college and their marriages. If MrsM and I die the day our money runs out, that's OK with us and our kids. We made sure that they graduated college with zero debt.

If we die with a pile of cash in the bank, it's theirs. And they are OK with that also!

I have friends of all races that worked and earned their degrees like me.

I have friends from single mother and single father homes that struggled as hard, or harder than me. Many are much more well off that MrsM and I. And, their children are in a Hell of a lot better shape than mine. THAT'S GREAT!!

I have close friends of every race, religion and sexual orientation that struggled and made it like we have. Friends of single parents that came from nothing to success in one generation. And, for the most part, their kids are doing better than they did.

It is every parent's dream for our children to make a better lif for themselves than we had ourselves.

Look at Ben Carson, he wont be president, but his mother sure helped mold a great man and surgeon!

So, dont give me crap about the underprivileged never having a chance and I that should be happy to give them my money! Don't try to take my hard earned and merited money to give to someone else. I pay my tax, it is not a sin

Every city offers schools for disadvantaged kids. The have the samd chance as Ben Carson and I had.

And, while I am on a rant, dont give me crap about illegal aliens. My Grand-parents fled from the pogroms of Eastern Europe. Many family members survived the horrors of Nazi Germany. They learned English and gladly became citizend of this great country. (Oh,BTW, they came one at a time. My uncle first, he worked to bring in his brother and they worked to bring in another brother, etc. until their whole family was here

I am strongly in favor of immigration, BUT I WANT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS!! The LEGAL immigrants deserve everything the United States of America can offer. But, they must com here legally, find employment and become citizens. Then, they have the same abilities to find an education, jobs and merited raises.

So, blast away at me if you want. But that's how I feel. I am sick and tired of this crap and wont take it any more!

Rant over

Last edited by mike1003; 01-18-2016 at 01:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 01:47 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

When I grew up..........................
When I grew up if your business failed the government didn't bail you out with billions of dollars. That is what is wrong.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:48 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
This is so... mid-20th century... I agree with it, but it is old school stuff these days.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:51 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

Your understanding of it.

Nobody is proposing income equality. What they are proposing is a lesser degree of income inequality.

And the reason they are proposing it, is because our system isn't a free market. Our system is rigged. Certain people get rich because the laws are biased in their favor.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:52 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
poor white people look at Oprah, Obama and Ben Carson, they made it so stop crying about income inequality!!!

Old 01-18-2016, 01:55 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When I grew up if your business failed the government didn't bail you out with billions of dollars. That is what is wrong.
Only big government is able to do this; it's why we need a smaller government without such powers.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:56 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
poor white people look at Oprah, Obama and Ben Carson, they made it so stop crying about income inequality!!!
Don't forget to look at all of the poor people from places like Asia that came here and made it within a generation or two.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:56 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
There's nothing wrong with income inequality. There's quite a lot wrong with oligarchy and feudalism.

Henry Ford, a man who knew a thing or two about capitalism, made sure that his workers earned enough money that they could afford to buy their own product. Nothing terrible happened to the economy.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:03 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
Actually income inequality is very natural.

There was a rule of thumb or empirical law stating in almost every system 80% of resources are used by 20%.

Something like that i don't remember now, but it is legit.

Damn i wish i could remember

Old 01-18-2016, 02:06 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Check your history:

Off the rop of my head, in no particular order:

Lockheed
Chrysler
Penn Central RR
Contrail
Airlines
An assortment of banks
And the mother of them all, the S&L crisis brought on by deregulation and speculation.

Some paid back with interest and some did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies