Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 11:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times

Advertisements

and the left accuses the right of fear mongering..

Claim: ‘Global warming’ could cause humans to develop webbed feet, cat’s eyes and gills | Climate Depot

Ooh could it get any dumber..

Democrats to defend this in 3-2-1...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 11:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,124,361 times
I saw the movie. The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:36 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,807,067 times
While it won't happen anytime soon, if the earth is tipping into a prolonged period of warmth, similar to the conditions that prevailed during the age of the dinosaurs, why wouldn't our far descendants adapt? assuming our line survives, of course. There's no cosmic guarantee...

Old 01-13-2016, 11:40 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,851,588 times
Is that before or after the world ends on January 27th? I mean, that was the warning given by Al Gore when "Inconvenient Tru..., nope, can't do it... When that movie he made was released.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:41 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,434,401 times
This was just a thought experiment. From the article:

"Experts calculated how our physical appearance could change under a number of scenarios, including a ‘water world’ if melting ice caps cause rising sea levels. They also considered what would happen in a second ice age."

So nobody is saying this is going to happen. As often happens, sensationalist media sources repackage reports with a catchy headline to draw viewers. The headline is from the Daily Mail, not the researchers themselves. I think you give that tabloid too much credence.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,354,402 times
That would be cool. Webbed feet and gills? Eyes like a cat? I'll take it. I hope global warming gives me what I always wanted...the ability to shoot lightning through my fingers! That would be wonderful.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,878,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Claim: ‘Global warming’ could cause humans to develop webbed feet, cat’s eyes and gills | Climate Depot

Sorry but the dude who runs the website you linked is a paid shill for ExxonMobil and Chevron.

Quote:
Morano is paid by an industry-funded group to run the climate denial website ClimateDepot.com. At Climate Depot, Morano serves as the de facto research department for the right-wing media's attacks on climate science, and mobilizes his readers to target individual scientists and reporters for telling the public about climate change threats. The site was instrumental in manufacturing the 2009 "Climategate" controversy, which Morano incorrectly claimed exposed "deliberate manipulation of facts and data" by climate scientists.
Climate Change Misinformer Of The Year: Marc Morano

Quote:
Climate Depot is sponsored by the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT), a conservative think tank that has received funding from ExxonMobil and Chevron. CFACT dismisses the scientific consensus on climate change and maintains that "real world evidence" shows that "global warming claims are failing." To spread its message, CFACT organized the Copenhagen Climate Challenge -- a conference of climate contrarians -- to coincide with the UN climate conference in 2009.
Meet The Climate Denial Machine

Old 01-13-2016, 01:44 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,845,900 times
Someone must have just finished watching water world.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:08 PM

19,744 posts, read 10,180,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Sounds like my ex wife. She also had horns and could fly on a broom.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:33 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,533,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
This was just a thought experiment. From the article:

"Experts calculated how our physical appearance could change under a number of scenarios, including a ‘water world’ if melting ice caps cause rising sea levels. They also considered what would happen in a second ice age."

So nobody is saying this is going to happen. As often happens, sensationalist media sources repackage reports with a catchy headline to draw viewers. The headline is from the Daily Mail, not the researchers themselves. I think you give that tabloid too much credence.
Shhhhh...don't ruin their fun. It's all they have in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies