Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 06:49 PM

7,279 posts, read 10,999,899 times

Advertisements

Okay, some Muslims go onto social media to proclaim "#not in my name" to condemn the terrorists.

Sorry, not enough.

These terrorists can't hide without protection and without anyone else knowing who and where they are.

Instead of telling the world "not in my name", NAME THEM, IDENTIFY THEM, POINT TO THEM and let justice deal with THEM.

Like ribbons of meaningless self proclamation and colors of useless emotion, speak up...not about yourself but about those who terrorize and kill others. Don't tell the world they don't act in your name, point them out so in your name justice can deal with them.

Don't hide behind some cute hashtag, expose them so that the hashtag symbolizes the prisons they will go to and the ends they will meet.

Until Muslims do more than condemn and start acting to protect their religion, what they say means nothing because it is nothing more than talk.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:12 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,374,784 times
Very true. Look what happened in Brussels and Paris. They were living in densely populated Muslim neighborhoods. Nobody turned them in, even after the killings. This thing was in planning for close to a year. I also don’t want to downplay French incompetence. The ringleader was all over the internet and on ISIS videos and yet he was traveling back and forth to Syria.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:40 PM

35,465 posts, read 17,374,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Like ribbons of meaningless self proclamation and colors of useless emotion, speak up...not about yourself but about those who terrorize and kill others. Don't tell the world they don't act in your name, point them out so in your name justice can deal with them.

Don't hide behind some cute hashtag, expose them so that the hashtag symbolizes the prisons they will go to and the ends they will meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Very true. Look what happened in Brussels and Paris. They were living in densely populated Muslim neighborhoods. Nobody turned them in, even after the killings. This thing was in planning for close to a year. I also don’t want to downplay French incompetence. The ringleader was all over the internet and on ISIS videos and yet he was traveling back and forth to Syria.
I've repped both of you recently so I can't again but what you say is so true. While it may be true that 95% of Muslims are nonviolent the murderers need shelter and support from decent people, especially if planning is going on for more than a year. Many people think that weeping or crying after a tragedy is a constructive show of unity. It isn't. What is needed is action, probably more brutal than many can bear.

As far as the weepy, emotive displays of many, ranging from Hollywood actors to Barack Obama to Francois Hollande, to quote Richard Lowry in the New York Post (link to editorial):
We have become experts at treacly online mourning. We take grotesque atrocities and launder them into trite symbols and slogans that are usually self-congratulatory and, of course, wholly ineffectual.

Meanwhile, spare me the #PrayforParis hashtag. Forgive me if I’m unmoved by lighting world landmarks up in red, white and blue, or your putting a tricolor filter on your Facebook profile picture. And please don’t tell me, in the words of the designer Jean Jullien, that “in all this horror there’s something positive that people are coming together in a sense of unity and peace.”
It is time we stopped opposing the long and unlamented Vietnam War, and faced up to a crucial reality; the barbarians are not at the gates, they're over the gates.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:45 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,591,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Okay, some Muslims go onto social media to proclaim "#not in my name" to condemn the terrorists.

Sorry, not enough.

These terrorists can't hide without protection and without anyone else knowing who and where they are.

Instead of telling the world "not in my name", NAME THEM, IDENTIFY THEM, POINT TO THEM and let justice deal with THEM.

Until Muslims do more than condemn and start acting to protect their religion, what they say means nothing because it is nothing more than talk.
Dude.

Dumb.

There are over a billion Muslims in this world. If they really wanted terrorism to win and an Islamic state, they would have it already.

Y'all are so blinded by racism and ridiculousness. Daeshbags are kiilling everyone. That includes Muslims.

Just because these dumbasses are calling this a war in the name of Islam does not mean that they represent Islam.

You are not responsible for every person who claims their actions are representative of your religion. Neither are the Muslims.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:48 PM

7,279 posts, read 10,999,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Dude.

Dumb.

There are over a billion Muslims in this world. If they really wanted terrorism to win and an Islamic state, they would have it already.

Y'all are so blinded by racism and ridiculousness. Daeshbags are kiilling everyone. That includes Muslims.

Just because these dumbasses are calling this a war in the name of Islam does not mean that they represent Islam.
The point: ------------------>

You :
!
!
!
!
!
!
!------------------------------>

Old 11-20-2015, 09:52 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,124,836 times
1) Most of those Muslims posting with the "cute hashtag" probably DON'T KNOW ANY TERRORISTS to report. Do you really think people just chit-chat about these things with aquaintances? Doubtful.

2) Hollande had France dropping bombs on ISIS less than 24 hours after the attacks, IIRC. Pretty quick and tough action.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:53 PM

Yeah, what stan said^^

Old 11-21-2015, 12:00 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,067,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Dude.

Dumb.

You are not responsible for every person who claims their actions are representative of your religion. Neither are the Muslims.
Popped in to say I'm sick of seeing people calling those who distrust Muslims "racist." Being Muslim is not a race. There are Muslims of all three races and most in the Middle East are white or Asian. I would say in my experience, most Palestinian Muslims I know are white. I know a few black Muslims and I know that Asian Muslims exist but I don't know any personally. So to dislike Muslims is not racist. Call it whatever else you want that fits, but it's not about race.

People throw around the word "racist" so damn much nowadays it has lost its meaning. People don't even know what it is anymore.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:18 AM

If you're choosing to classify everyone on Earth as either White, Black, or Asian; the vast majority of Muslims would be Asian: Pakistan, Indonesia, Mayasia, Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, etc, etc...

But...I don't know...that seems pretty simplistic...And for the purpose of addressing rabid anti-Muslim sentiments, "racist" seems like a fitting label.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:20 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,067,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
If you're choosing to classify everyone on Earth as either White, Black, or Asian; the vast majority of Muslims would be Asian: Pakistan, Indonesia, Mayasia, Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, etc, etc...

But...I don't know...that seems pretty simplistic...And for the purpose of addressing rabid anti-Muslim sentiments, "racist" seems like a fitting label.
It is not racist because by definition it is not racist to dislike those of a RELIGION. We're not talking race, we're talking religion. You're looking for maybe "bigot" or "discriminatory." Like I said, the word is thrown around too easily and has lost its meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies