Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 07:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times

Advertisements

Remember Obama Mocking Romney With This Comment About Russia During A 2012 Debate? Have a look back. It's long but amazing and worth the listen.

- Every time you've offered an opinion you've been wrong!
- Attacking me is not an agenda.
- After the election I'll give more backbone
- You got to be clear
- Make sure countries are supporting our counter terrorism measures
- Make sure we are doing nation building here at home

Remember Obama Mocking Romney With This Comment About Russia During A 2012 Debate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 07:21 AM

Transcripts

ROMNEY:
Mali has been taken over, the northern part of Mali by al-Qaeda type individuals. We have in -- in Egypt, a Muslim Brotherhood president. And so what we're seeing is a pretty dramatic reversal in the kind of hopes we had for that region. Of course the greatest threat of all is Iran, four years closer to a nuclear weapon. And -- and we're going to have to recognize that we have to do as the president has done. I congratulate him on -- on taking out Osama bin Laden and going after the leadership in al-Qaeda.

But we can't kill our way out of this mess. We're going to have to put in place a very comprehensive and robust strategy to help the -- the world of Islam and other parts of the world, reject this radical violent extremism, which is -- it's certainly not on the run.

Obama
Well, my first job as commander in chief, Bob, is to keep the American people safe. And that's what we've done over the last four years.

I have to tell you that, you know, your strategy previously has been one that has been all over the map and is not designed to keep Americans safe or to build on the opportunities that exist in the Middle East.

CPD: October 22, 2012 Debate Transcript

Old 11-20-2015, 07:23 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,699,244 times
Have not fear, they are "contained".

Old 11-20-2015, 07:27 AM

756 posts, read 424,560 times
Quote:
Obama
Well, my first job as commander in chief, Bob, is to keep the American people safe.
Really? I thought it was welcoming displaced Syrian refugees who can't be properly checked.Guess the job description changed.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:29 AM

Remember when the left mocked Romney. Obama replied that you're strategy is all over the map. It turns out Romney was right, even down to Mali

Mali has been taken over, the northern part of Mali by al-Qaeda type individuals
-- Romney

Old 11-20-2015, 07:56 AM

401 posts, read 287,334 times
Mali was "taken over" by alQaeda types during the reign of BushII, and he did exactly nothing to prevent it.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:58 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,444 times
As a ex-low information voter/2008 Obama supporter, I was so wrong about this man.
Obama is a traitor to this great nation!!

Old 11-20-2015, 08:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Transcripts

ROMNEY:
Mali has been taken over, the northern part of Mali by al-Qaeda type individuals. We have in -- in Egypt, a Muslim Brotherhood president. And so what we're seeing is a pretty dramatic reversal in the kind of hopes we had for that region. Of course the greatest threat of all is Iran, four years closer to a nuclear weapon. And -- and we're going to have to recognize that we have to do as the president has done. I congratulate him on -- on taking out Osama bin Laden and going after the leadership in al-Qaeda.

But we can't kill our way out of this mess. We're going to have to put in place a very comprehensive and robust strategy to help the -- the world of Islam and other parts of the world, reject this radical violent extremism, which is -- it's certainly not on the run.

Obama
Well, my first job as commander in chief, Bob, is to keep the American people safe. And that's what we've done over the last four years.

I have to tell you that, you know, your strategy previously has been one that has been all over the map and is not designed to keep Americans safe or to build on the opportunities that exist in the Middle East.

CPD: October 22, 2012 Debate Transcript
" We can't kill our way out of this mess" - Romney

It was not clear what Romney intended. Millions of boots on the ground all over the world? Millions of US Christian missionaries seeking converts? Colonization? Air lifting people from all over the world who claims to be Christian?

Romney also encouraged Americans to be fruitful and multiply.

Note the current Republican Governor of Utah has made it clear, Utah welcomes Syrian refugees.

As for Russia, there seems to be potential for Russia, France and the US to join forces to fight ISIS. Putin probably sees an opportunity for some relief of sanctions as a condition.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:17 AM

Did you hear Obama's response? I didn't hear anything that said he intended to do. All he did was attack Romney. That's typically what he does, attack republicans, even today.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:19 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,022 times
O: ISIS is contained!
(Hours later, Paris has its worst attack since WWII. ISIS claims responsibilty).
O: Paris is a "setback." (then goes on world stage to whine about republicans).
Bots: But, but, BUUUSH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies