Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it hypocritical to bash Davis for not complying with the law, yet encouraging illegal immigrants
Yes, it is hypocritical. 36 73.47%
No, it is not hypocritical. 13 26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 10:46 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times

Advertisements

you like ILLEGAL immigration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
I like immigration and I dislike homophobia. It's that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 10:47 AM

here's a hint: sanctuary cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Here's a hint: No one (liberal or otherwise) is ENCOURAGING illegal immigration.

Your question is idiotic. But, please feel free to perpetuate the stereotype of the ignorant, intolerant conservative. Just add a little more belligerence and we can consider you part of the base.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:48 AM

369 posts, read 193,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
So, as I pointed out in the original post, you expect Kim Davis to follow the rule of law, but millions of other people get a pass. That s hypocrisy.
Jaywalking and murder are both against the law. That doesn't make them the same thing.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I don't like not knowing who is crossing the border. I don't want terrorists, gangsters, etc. Apart from those things I guess you could say I am indifferent to whether immigration is legal or illegal. And I like the idea of getting some new blood into the U.S., especially because rednecks hate it so much.

and you must love giving out freebies to people who live off the system and don't work. As long as other peoples money is paying for it of course.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
I'm liberal (though not Democrat) and I thought Kim Davis was way out of line.

However, I also am vehemently opposed to illegal immigration.

Opposing Kim Davis but encouraging amnesty is, in my mind, hypocritical.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:57 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
I like immigration and I dislike homophobia. It's that simple.
I believe the question asked was concerning illegal immigration,

Old 11-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and you must love giving out freebies to people who live off the system and don't work. As long as other peoples money is paying for it of course.
Yeah, picking grapes and cleaning toilets is nothing but a great vacation--that must be why so many Americans are falling over each other to do it.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:59 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Republicans like immigration too, LEGAL immigration.

Do you like ILLEGAL immigration?
So it is only Democrat Business owners that hire illegals? Who would have thunk it

Old 11-09-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I believe the question asked was concerning illegal immigration,
Yes, your point? Illegal immigration and illegal deprivation of civil rights under color of law are both illegal, but I do not respond to them the same way. Illegal importation of cantaloupes and illegal importation of cocaine are both illegal, but we do not respond to them the same way.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:02 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
When Kim Davis was in the news, Liberals were fuming over her actions. Davis, they said, was not following the rule of law set down by the Supreme Court. She was not, I agree, and she was publicly shamed for it. A new chapter in the story recently emerged: Kentucky Governor-elect Matt Bevin will not require marriage clerks to sign the license, yet gay marriage licenses will still be given out whether or not the clerk has religious objections. He came up with a solution that pleases everyone, so hats off to Governor-elect Bevin!

On the other side of the aisle, Liberals seem hell-bent on preventing the enforcement of illegal immigration laws. Amnesty is often a word that they throw around, which is only rewarding the lawbreakers. How can Liberals, on one hand, bash Davis for not complying with the law, yet they want to reward illegal immigrants for breaking it? Is that not entirely hypocritical?

I would like some left-leaning people to explain their thinking if at all possible.
Do I condone illegal immigration? No.

Do I believe building a wall is feasible or practical or a good use of a very large chunk of our resources? No.

Do I think deporting 11 million people is feasible or practical? No.

Do I support going after employers who hire illegals? Yes.

Do I support making it mandatory that employers use e-verify when hiring? Yes.

Do I support some kind of punishment for employers who knowingly hire illegals? Yes.

Do I believe it's beneficial to find some way to reasonably deal with the millions who are already here since deporting them is not an option? Yes, I believe any thinking person would admit we have to deal with the hand we have right now, since we have allowed ourselves to get here through inaction on all political fronts.

Now tell me, how does that equate to being "hell bent on preventing the enforcement of illegal immigration"?

ETA: I suspect you won't get many liberals voting in your poll because we don't "encourage illegal immigrants."

Last edited by JAMS14; 11-09-2015 at 11:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies