Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:35 PM

14,845 posts, read 8,262,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
May be difficult to see this from a place like Oklabama... but there's an entire world out there that bears little if any resemblance to hate-radio/FauxNews. For your own sake, I'd suggest that you turn off the manufactured outrage and engage reality for a little while.
You don't think there isn't hate in Ferguson? You don't think there isn't hate in Baltimore? Who exactly is supporting Trump and the other anti-establishment candidates? Aren't they supporting Trump, because of their hatred for Washington D.C.?

Isn't there is a quasi-Civil War going on in the Democratic party, of a similar fashion to what is going on in the Republican party?

Look at the hatred of the military, the hatred of the police, the hatred of Christians, the hatred of Muslims, the hatred of Jews(got knockout game?). Feminists are some of the most hateful people on the planet. You have an increasing backlash against capitalism, Wall Street, and the banks. Millennials can't wait till the baby boomers die, and tell them that regularly.

Do you not see the hatred in this country? Black lives matter? Illegal immigration? It certainly feels like it is greater now than I ever remember it being. Even our politicians hate each other. People stomping the flag, an increasingly hatred of the pledge of allegiance, of the national anthem, of pretty much anything that represents America.

Then you have the "social-justice" people, with their hatred of pretty much everything. They often believe white people are the worst thing that ever happened to the world, and that men have such huge privilege, and thus need to be "punished" in some way.

Even the rise of libertarianism, was caused by a rise in "Nihilism", "Cynicism", and a general "Pessimism".

Where exactly are these happy people who like each other so much? I can't find them. And Trump is dead-set on "Building a wall" to keep them out, right?

All I'm saying is, most people recognize that the United States is incredibly divided, and getting more divided. And not just America, look at Europe. Europe is equally becoming less united, and more hateful. As many keep repeating in the news, "The world is on fire", and it seems to only be getting worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 04:40 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,792,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You don't think there isn't hate in Ferguson? You don't think there isn't hate in Baltimore? Who exactly is supporting Trump and the other anti-establishment candidates? Aren't they supporting Trump, because of their hatred for Washington D.C.?

Isn't there is a quasi-Civil War going on in the Democratic party, of a similar fashion to what is going on in the Republican party?

Look at the hatred of the military, the hatred of the police, the hatred of Christians, the hatred of Muslims, the hatred of Jews(got knockout game?). Feminists are some of the most hateful people on the planet. You have an increasing backlash against capitalism, Wall Street, and the banks. Millennials can't wait till the baby boomers die, and tell them that regularly.

Do you not see the hatred in this country? Black lives matter? Illegal immigration? It certainly feels like it is greater now than I ever remember it being. Even our politicians hate each other. People stomping the flag, an increasingly hatred of the pledge of allegiance, of the national anthem, of pretty much anything that represents America.

Then you have the "social-justice" people, with their hatred of pretty much everything. They often believe white people are the worst thing that ever happened to the world, and that men have such huge privilege, and thus need to be "punished" in some way.

Even the rise of libertarianism, was caused by a rise in "Nihilism", "Cynicism", and a general "Pessimism".

Where exactly are these happy people who like each other so much? I can't find them. And Trump is dead-set on "Building a wall" to keep them out, right?

All I'm saying is, most people recognize that the United States is incredibly divided, and getting more divided. And not just America, look at Europe. Europe is equally becoming less united, and more hateful. As many keep repeating in the news, "The world is on fire".
Right here is where they are. I love you, man. Now go in peace

Old 10-20-2015, 04:42 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,254,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
May be difficult to see this from a place like Oklabama... but there's an entire world out there that bears little if any resemblance to hate-radio/FauxNews. For your own sake, I'd suggest that you turn off the manufactured outrage and engage reality for a little while.

If there is anyone who is an EXPERT in manufacturing outrage it's Liberals. They are professional Drama Queens.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:18 PM

28,753 posts, read 19,008,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Don't agree with the whole gist of the article (what modern country has a large % on farms?), but don't you think many of the urban, Democrat controlled areas are power kegs?

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/318986-am...ociety-crisis/
Not a single point of the article was about "urban, Democrat controlled areas," nor was it limited to them. Every point applied to Beverly Hills as much as Compton.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:30 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,305,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Nope.

I live in an "urban, Democrat controlled area". We're doing just fine, thanks for your concern.
I'm sorry.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:34 PM

161 posts, read 169,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The ability to reap havoc on our power grid is litterally a few keystrokes away from someone who is both computer and tech savvy. It's really quite scary.

Disclosure: I work for one of the world-leading expert companies on the field of INDUSTRIAL Cybersecurity, and the consensus is that there are a lot of chinks in the armor (no pun intended...).
ISIS has been reportedly attempting to take down the power-grid, but according the the CNN article, their attempts have been rather pathetic so far. Even with tech-savvy people working for them I doubt taking down the whole U.S. powergrid would be as easy as you suggest.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:36 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,371,197 times
I find it incredible how Putin's exceedingly sophisticated propaganda operation which RT is but one component has infiltrated the minds of Americans on both sides of the political spectrum or the willingness of both the right and the left to lend credence and respectability to them.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:45 PM

161 posts, read 169,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm amazed at how naive the posters in this thread are. This thread is a massive case of normalcy bias.

To understand the predicament the United States is in, you merely have to ask the question, "What would actually happen if the United States economy collapsed?"

Another way I like to look at the question is by understanding that, many people claim to love America, and love being American. But what if we were suddenly poor and weak? Who would love America if it was poor and weak? Who would want to remain in "The Union", if we were suddenly poor and weak?

The vast majority of Americans would abandon ship if something better came along. Especially the 40-50 million legal and illegal immigrants, the 40 million blacks, and many more Hispanic-Americans, and even many liberals. There is no general love for this country, nor do Americans really even have a love for each other.

This country is nothing but a union of convenience. We only tolerate each other, because we don't currently have a better alternative.

Imagine if the recession was twice as bad, something more on the level of the Great Depression, or worse. In those times, people sacrificed, they endured hardships together, they helped each other. But in modern times, everyone has become increasingly selfish, and expect the government to always take care of them.

Thus the real question is, what would happen if the government suddenly couldn't take care of us anymore? Or more specifically, what would happen if this country suddenly became "Greece"? But to make matters worse, a Greece with no Greek identity. A Greece filled full of foreigners, who don't really like each other.

Because that is the direction this country is heading. Between our ever-increasing debt, and our economy built on speculation from unlimited 0% interest stock market and real-estate bubbles. If the Federal Reserve raised the rate at this point, we might be in a depression overnight. If the interest rate on government bonds went up above inflation-level, we wouldn't be able to pay it. If our currency lost its reserve status(IE the petro-dollar), our $500 billion a year trade deficit would bankrupt us within the year.

The people in this thread don't seem to realize the precipice we are standing on, and how quickly everything you know, could fall apart. And the fact that the people are so far-removed from being able to produce food for themselves, means that if things started going downhill, things could get really really ugly.
True that. I pity those living in already unstable inner cities and ghettos in communities of ethnic groups that don't get along. Imagine if society collapsed? These people would clash hard- and there would be complete chaos. People in areas like this often times do not like each other, and only tolerate each other because they have to. Only those living in rural, homogeneous communities will be OKAY. And the more you know about farming the better off you will be. I kind of expect an economic collapse. It's pretty sad but I just go about my day like everyone else and don't think about it.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:03 PM

17,439 posts, read 28,727,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Hi, I am familiar with Russian culture. The author of the article is clearly demonstrating hatefulness towards us. The thing that average Russian is not a big fan of the West, all things considered.

Russian is a different culture, and so this is how they understand us. This is how they interpret us.

Some facts presented and some are even funny.

Yann is pegged USD. They store in their reserves a greenback as collateral and then print like an ounce of their Yann.

Russians use gold bullion, their reserves contain the value of rubble in gold.

Obviously in US not many buy gold as investment, simple reason is that dollar is worth more.

Average Russian does not understand this.

So allot of this is actually Russian impression of us. That's what they think of us.
The author's not a Russian. He's English. He's more than a little wacky.
He views the Quran as the answer to all problems facing humanity and the only thing that can save America (and Britain) from certain doom, but does not consider himself a Muslim.
This is his website

http://www.quranite.com

Old 10-20-2015, 07:01 PM

15,383 posts, read 12,723,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
If there is anyone who is an EXPERT in manufacturing outrage it's Liberals. They are professional Drama Queens.
Dramatic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies