Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 01:46 AM

26,143 posts, read 20,041,188 times

Advertisements

Yes indeed... Mr. Putin is a warm,loving person.. He isnt trying to destroy his country or control any other country!!!!

I just get a warm feeling when I look @ him!! (I would love giving him a big hug.... THE MEDIA IN THIS COUNTRY IS TRYING @ ALL COSTS TO MAKE HIM LOOK BAD)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 02:25 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,416,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would not call him a dictator, the US has had three presidents in the last 20 years, and so has Russia, so while we have a democracy that is much better than Russia's, it is not like we really take advantage of it. Hell, in the US, the wife of a former president is a front runner now.

Also, Russia has a very different political climate than the US, in that the second largest political party is the communist party, and the third largest is the nationalist party. Sane Russians, this includes Putin, have to go through means to keep these tow power blocs not only down, but from uniting as well. Until these two power blocs erode their power, Russia is best not to ever adapt to the democratic norms of the US.

Additionally, Putin has greatly improved Russia, quality of life has skyrocketed under him, and this is something people outside of Russia, particularly the US and W. Europe, seem not to understand or are obtuse to.

Also, Russia is not cutting off the Internet, absolutely ridiculous that it is even a subject taken seriously.
Dmitry Medvedev was nothing more than a figure head to help Putin use a loophole, Putin was still in charge when he was promoted to Prime Minister during that time. Once he was able to run for president again, he did so. Putin has basically been in charge for the past 15 years. So I wouldn't call him a dictator by the direct term of the word, but he is pretty close to one. Putin since has awarded the Prime Minister spot to Dmitry Medvedev for serving one term as president, which is what was needed for Putin to run as president again.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:35 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,946,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
When the united states government starts talks like that here, remember this.

1. Read the first amendment understand what I means for freedom people and free minds.
I hate to break this to you and all the others speaking out against Russia. The USA already developed this capability with the Internet years if not decades ago. It did after all start as a military communication system. See ARPANET

I believe the President, using the "national security" excuse, can effectively shutdown most of the Internet if needed.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:02 AM

5,113 posts, read 6,015,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Russia 'tried to cut off' World Wide Web - Telegraph

When your country does this.. This is already in China.

When the united states government starts talks like that here, remember this.

1. Read the first amendment understand what I means for freedom people and free minds.
What a bunch of crap propaganda. Russia can isolate their internet if they choose just like any other country and just the like US they have an official emergency process to do just that.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:07 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,158,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We already have people saying ugly things about the President of the USA, everyday, on FOX News, on the internet,and all over. President Obama isn't cutting off the internet.

Putin is just a dictator. Let's just call it what it is.
We have the 1st amendment...thank God! The founders saw guys like Barry in Americas future.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:40 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,859,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Based on the action Putin took with the internet, this reminds me more of Kim Jung Il.
Putin even worse than Kim Jung. I read a paper about Putin... He drinks fresh blood of killed children every morning. You got to read this also.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:51 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,859,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
He's a fascist dictator, the only reason the left in the US does not like him is because he has been disrespectful to 0bama. He's no different than some the prior soviet leaders that the left fawned all over. He's no better than Castro or Chavez and so many on the left loved them.
There is no knowledge in your post, dude. You are judging Putin by the MSM reports which are filled with propaganda.
Actually, the Russians support Putin and the vast majority of them even love him. They will laugh at your words about "fascist dictator".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies