Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 02:58 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,105,231 times

Advertisements

A recurring Fox News guest who claimed to be a long-time CIA agent was indicted and arrested Thursday for not, in fact, being a CIA agent.

Wayne Simmons, who claimed to have 23 years experience with the secretive federal agency as an “outside paramilitary special operations officer,” was indicted for using that claim to gain security clearances and a post as a defense contractor advising military personnel overseas.

BUSTED: Feds arrest Fox News

Simmons frequently appeared on Fox News billed as a "terrorism analyst" and had a habit of making extreme and factually dubious claims, such as that under the Obama Administration there were "at least 19 paramilitary Muslim training facilities in the United States," a claim I've seen repeated on this site many times. Fox News, of course, never bothered to verify his claims, much less his credentials.

I wonder if the network will now disclaim all the bogus things this guy said. Yeah, who am I kidding.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:02 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,673,327 times
ROFL

No comments on this yet?

I guess I shouldn't be shocked.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,235,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
A recurring Fox News guest who claimed to be a long-time CIA agent was indicted and arrested Thursday for not, in fact, being a CIA agent.

Wayne Simmons, who claimed to have 23 years experience with the secretive federal agency as an “outside paramilitary special operations officer,” was indicted for using that claim to gain security clearances and a post as a defense contractor advising military personnel overseas.

Simmons frequently appeared on Fox News billed as a "terrorism analyst" and had a habit of making extreme and factually dubious claims, such as that under the Obama Administration there were "at least 19 paramilitary Muslim training facilities in the United States," a claim I've seen repeated on this site many times. Fox News, of course, never bothered to verify his claims, much less his credentials.

I wonder if the network will now disclaim all the bogus things this guy said. Yeah, who am I kidding.
Too bad Sen. Dick Blumenthal and Sen. Mark Kirk couldn't be held to your standards before being elected. By Democrats. Lying about service to your country seems to be a problem on both sides of the aisle.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:08 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,386,190 times
So? He broke the law and has been arrested, what more do you expect? It's not like he worked for MSNBC where the liberals will be jumping up and down with excuse after excuse for him.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:38 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,453,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

This is not unlike the claims of a certain MSM anchor who claimed to be on a helo that was fired upon. But there is also a female politician who claimed to be shot at in Bosnia. What a pity that we have folks like this in the public spotlight.

El Nox

Old 10-15-2015, 09:05 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,446,971 times
The silence is pretty telling huh? notice too those who have answered this thread from the right have not actually said anything other than "yeah, so DEFLECTION!!!"

Old 10-15-2015, 09:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,235,790 times
As one of those who answered, no deflection. Merely pointing out that both sides of the aisle have liars who embellish their records. Very few people involved in government these days are trustworthy people.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:22 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,974,084 times
That is against the law? Why? Anyone admiting to be a CIA agent is lying, besides who'd want to?

Old 10-15-2015, 10:27 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,470,548 times
Ok, response "from the right":

I watch Fox News shows all the time--I've never heard of this guy. What shows was he on?

I guess maybe that's why you're not getting a discussion?

Old 10-15-2015, 10:44 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,776,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Ok, response "from the right":

I watch Fox News shows all the time--I've never heard of this guy. What shows was he on?

I guess maybe that's why you're not getting a discussion?
Exactly, total BS from the OP and the link. No one has ever heard of this guy much less watch the few times he was probably interviewed years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies