Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 05:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,105,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Cavuto apologised on air today.
It was only FOX that was fooled by this guy?
I searched but couldn't find anything about Cavuto apologizing on air. Can you provide a link?

Old 10-16-2015, 05:49 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,819,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I searched but couldn't find anything about Cavuto apologizing on air. Can you provide a link?
Shouldda watched his show.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:50 PM

16,692 posts, read 8,690,952 times
Quote:

I wonder if the network will now disclaim all the bogus things this guy said. Yeah, who am I kidding.
Your thinly veiled attempt to impugn all of FOX based on one person who was discovered to be a liar is obvious.

/thread
`

Old 10-16-2015, 08:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,281,837 times
Quote:
Neil Cavuto: ‘It

Old 10-16-2015, 08:53 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,281,837 times
When is Gina McCarthy (Obama appointee) going to apologize?

Quote:
How This Phony CIA Agent Pulled Off a ‘Scam’ to Impose Environmental Regulations on Americans
Quote:
“We should all question how John Beale became a senior official at the EPA and played a major role in long-lasting policy decisions while pulling off a scam I thought only Hollywood could make up,” Sen. David Vitter, R-La., told The Daily Signal.

“But this egregious case helped us successfully reveal how EPA has wasted taxpayer resources and mismanagement in a manner that is far too common.”
Quote:
“Despite being aware of the fact that one of her subordinates was collecting a paycheck without providing any work product, this arrangement continued for seven more months before McCarthy ever contacted Beale.”
Senate Report Exposes EPA

Fox news "expert" wasn't paid via tax dollars.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:54 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,819,755 times
Quote:
Federal authorities took Simmons into custody for lying about having worked
for the CIA for nearly 30 years and then using that lie to get government security clearances.
Hmmm...so it wasn't only FOX who was fooled.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:04 PM

25,644 posts, read 17,385,611 times
Quote:
A recurring Fox News guest who claimed to be a long-time CIA agent was indicted and arrested Thursday for not, in fact, being a CIA agent.

Wayne Simmons, who claimed to have 23 years experience with the secretive federal agency as an “outside paramilitary special operations officer,” was indicted for using that claim to gain security clearances and a post as a defense contractor advising military personnel overseas.

BUSTED: Feds arrest Fox News

Simmons frequently appeared on Fox News billed as a "terrorism analyst" and had a habit of making extreme and factually dubious claims, such as that under the Obama Administration there were "at least 19 paramilitary Muslim training facilities in the United States," a claim I've seen repeated on this site many times. Fox News, of course, never bothered to verify his claims, much less his credentials.

I wonder if the network will now disclaim all the bogus things this guy said. Yeah, who am I kidding.
Meh.....I watch Fox alla time, and I never heard of him.
Fact is, he was never paid by Fox and never worked for them.

Want to make news? Bust a journalist.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:27 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,571,681 times
Quote:
You should go back and reread the post you're responding to. He appeared on Fox 76 times over those 12 years, which is an average of once every eight weeks. Which is actually quite a lot.
Go back and retake some basic math. It is 6.3 times in those 12 years. Math is obviously not your strong point.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Is this actually surprising to anyone?

The point of Fox is not to provide factual information to its audience. They exist to push a right wing agenda and keep their audience in a perpetual state of terror.
And some who post here have a hate fixation with Fox.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
It's not just "the bogus things he said," it's that Fox put him on the air with the claim that he was an ex-CIA agent, giving him authority as an expert. And they put him on 76 times making this claim. So yeah, they are responsible for not doing even the most basic vetting to make sure their "expert" was legitimate. If MotleyCrew showed up claiming to be a mermaid, I would hope they would check him out before putting him on air with the claim that he was a mermaid.

But then, if someone is saying what you want to hear, I guess it doesn't matter if they are legitimate or bogus. Fox has yet to come clean with their viewers about this fraud. And no one is holding their breaths for that to happen. They'll most likely just pretend like they never heard of the guy.
Kind of like the statements that you claim are absolutely true but later turn out to be liberal BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies