Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 02:36 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
The sign on the church says "Christian Church." I'm just calling them what they are.
Jesus said not everyone who thinks they are a Christian will be in the Kingdom.. Jesus said, Depart from me, I never knew you. They were led by satan , who comes to steal , kill and destroy all people.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:38 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Two teenage boys were beaten within inches of their lives [and one later succumbed to his injuries] by a bunch of fanatic Christians so they might "confess" their sins. Absolutely disgusting.

http://nytimes.com/2015/10/15/nyregi...ws.google.com/

“Both brothers were subjected to physical punishment in the hopes that each would confess to prior sins and ask for forgiveness,” Chief Michael S. Inserra of the New Hartford Police Department said at a news conference on Wednesday.

What a disgusting an foul religion would promote something like this? We should burn the bible and outlaw any Christian immigrants from entering this country because they clearly are all violent maniacs.
Aren't you a cute and clever one!

Old 10-14-2015, 02:38 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Since when does the word of God say to beat someone to get them to confess to their sins?? it is voluntary.. and private.. One does not have to tell any man their sins. Jesus said to repent of sin.. meaning turn from sinning. Jesus is our advocate and in no way are we to beat someone.
We both know this had absolutely nothing to do with Jesus, those people tortured these two kids to assert their authority and power over them.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:39 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jesus said not everyone who thinks they are a Christian will be in the Kingdom.. Jesus said, Depart from me, I never knew you. They were led by satan , who comes to steal , kill and destroy all people.
Jesus as a supernatural being didn't exist nor does satan. Dunno wtf you're yammering about.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
She observed them on a daily bases, seems she would know a Christian if she saw one. Just as any other religion Christians have their loons.
I think the people that attended the Church would have a better idea of wehther they were Christians than some random lady. They were clearly Christians. They worship this Jesus guy and do all of this in his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You do seem excited you found this article.....how long did you look for it?
Rofl. Yep I have literally been looking for this exact article since the minute I was born, up until today when the author wrote it.

How did you guess??

Old 10-14-2015, 02:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Two teenage boys were beaten within inches of their lives [and one later succumbed to his injuries] by a bunch of fanatic Christians so they might "confess" their sins. Absolutely disgusting.

http://nytimes.com/2015/10/15/nyregi...ws.google.com/

“Both brothers were subjected to physical punishment in the hopes that each would confess to prior sins and ask for forgiveness,” Chief Michael S. Inserra of the New Hartford Police Department said at a news conference on Wednesday.

What a disgusting an foul religion would promote something like this? We should burn the bible and outlaw any Christian immigrants from entering this country because they clearly are all violent maniacs.
Have you ever thought about moving to another country? i am sure there must be one that might consider taking you, but with your reasoning, I am not even sure about that!!!!!

Old 10-14-2015, 02:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
The sign on the church says "Christian Church." I'm just calling them what they are.
There are many churches/denominations that give Christians a bad name. Unfortunately, they have been front and center lately, with Kim Davis, the very old woman that got thrown out of her church for not tithing, the young gay man that got a letter from his church asking that he leave, the perpetually angry Huckabee . . . . . all this is television and internet fodder.

But - there are many churches that are NOTHING like this - nor do they beat children or anyone.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:51 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
Because a man choses to defame the name of Jesus, by doing ungodly things, the man needs to be dealt with, not as a christian but the wicked man he has proven himself to be.
Christians have been at the fore front of forgiveness and helping people around the world freely and with out renumeration .
Evil men, pretend to be christians, doing many things wrong and attempt to sway the world , but there are no new testament scriptures to support their actions .
Unlike the Quran that out right teaches killing christians, and jews, which surprisingly existed long before Mohammed. 600 years to be exact.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
European nations did a lot of bad things in the Americas, but forcing millions of people to convert or die, didn't happen.
Why are you lying? Don't want to the terrible violent religion known as Christianity look bad?

Native Americans and Christianity - RationalWiki

One option that had always proven successful was simply to threaten to kill those who did not convert.

It also happened in Europe to Jews during the Inquisition.

Jews had to endure the sword too. Millions of Jews from the fourth century CE until the 20th Century were forced to “kiss the sword” of Christ, or be put to death by that sword. Therefore, many, many Jews died at the hands of Christians in the name of Jesus. Fortunately, many Jews managed to survive. They survived by lying―they converted, but secretly remained Jews. The Christian Church finally realized what was happening and in 1492, the Spanish Inquisition tried to purge the country of these “Secret” Jews, called Marranos.

CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY OR DIE

Old 10-14-2015, 02:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
I think the people that attended the Church would have a better idea of wehther they were Christians than some random lady. They were clearly Christians. They worship this Jesus guy and do all of this in his name.
If they worshipped Jesus they would know what they were doing was not right........many people think they have a place in Heaven by calling themselves Christian. There is more to it than that...........
Quote:
Rofl. Yep I have literally been looking for this exact article since the minute I was born, up until today when the author wrote it.

How did you guess??

You are a dead give away......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies