Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 05:04 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,322,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This sums it up.....
You are quite right, that T-Shirt does sum it up but not in the way that you think. The problems that we are observing comes right out of the Col. Jessup mindset that the public has no right to question the manner in which police officers "protect" the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 06:22 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
They elected HIM as a councilman? Yes, I think Prairie View has a systemic problem. Even for Texas that community seems to have more than its share of losers and idiots.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:24 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
The guy was pretty much a scrawny twerp, though. Even the lady cop probably could have had him down on the ground and handcuffed. Police seem quick to taser when a good old fashioned night stick to an empty noggin would do the trick.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:40 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You are quite right, that T-Shirt does sum it up but not in the way that you think. The problems that we are observing comes right out of the Col. Jessup mindset that the public has no right to question the manner in which police officers "protect" the public.
I've no idea who Col Jessup might be, nor do I care. However....

You don't question cops by interfering with ongoing police operations, starting fights with them and resisting arrest in a violent manner. You question them in the court of law and by elections. Of course your best bet is to avoid the life choices that lead you into confrontation with them in the first place.

However if someone choose the former, I've no problem in letting Darwin take care of it.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:47 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So dont use chokeholds! Sheesh. In the cities where I live chokeholds are banned. Theres a TON of other ways to force compliance from people that don't involve choking them until they are unconscious, or running thousands of volts through them.

I do agree that the councilman has some blame, but the actions by the police were wrong in my opinion.
I agree with you. I was just trying to understand why they tazed him when he was calmly resisting, and that's what I came up with. With all those guys surrounding the police while another is refusing to comply with orders, it really doesn't leave much of a choice except to get physical or taze. Having made such an issue of things, they can't just say, "Oh well, you won't follow orders so never mind."

It just doesn't work that way.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:53 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Sorry, but no. Tasing should be done when theres more physical resistance then that. Using that level of force appears to me to be unreasonable. The guys on his knees with his back to the cops. Theres NO threat here at all.
No, tasing such a moron who is refusing to put his hands behind his back is not unreasonable.

Allowing police to finish their investigation is reasonable.

When being arrested, putting your hands behind your back is reasonable.

This azsh@t was unreasonable.

Quote:
If you cant get a suspect down and handcuffed who is on his knees and NOT attempting to get up, then maybe you aren't physically capable of being an officer of the law. Tasers are meant as a replacement to using deadly force. NOT as a means to force compliance.
So, what is the test. Should we have 25-year-old men in good physical condition at the academies, and any person who can't quickly get them cuffed without much of a tussle be booted from the academy? What will happen when 95% of female trainees are thrown out?

Tasers are NOT meant to replace the use of deadly force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Sure and if he was injured when he was resisting being cuffed people would say he should have been tased.
Absolutely. We've seen that again and again. "Why did they need to physically assault him when they could have just tased him?" Typical Monday morning quarterbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
White supremacy. Smh. Carry on folks.....
Even when you feel black people are treating black people bad you scream white supremacy.

Let me guess, when it rains on your day off, it's white supremacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The guy was pretty much a scrawny twerp, though. Even the lady cop probably could have had him down on the ground and handcuffed. Police seem quick to taser when a good old fashioned night stick to an empty noggin would do the trick.
Sarcasm?

Old 10-14-2015, 05:02 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
As usual, you CD police worshippers are pretty ridiculous. The city official asked a question of officers and they proceeded to arrest him for it.

There was no reason for them to even begin to arrest him at all. He was not being combative. He was pretty calm.

Also all the references to "homies" really shows the racial bias of the posters. Might as well have called him a thug n*gg** IMO.

Cops should not be bullies. There is nothing wrong with someone asking them a question. They can respond that they do not have to answer but the guy did not attack them or do anything worthy of arrest from the video.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:11 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,835,571 times
More politicians should be tazed.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:42 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Let's see, his homies were being questioned because the police responded to a call about suspicious circumstances, he came outside and interfered and wouldn't follow the officers instructions to go away. Homie tells officer "he's on the city council" yeah like THAT means anything. He got tased, big deal. Only hurts for a second. Maybe next time he will mind his own business.

No outrage, other than the city councilman was an idiot.
So the same pro-gun people who keep saying the whole "enemies foreign or domestic" spiel now are saying he should of mind his business. That is precious.

Old 10-15-2015, 05:07 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The city official asked a question of officers and they proceeded to arrest him for it.
No, that's not what happened and they may have no clue who he is which is irrelevant anyway.

He approached the scene where the officers were questioning the other men. They were questioning them becsue they got a report of suspicious activity. This is there job.

He was asked to move away repeatedly and warned he would be arrested if he did not comply the last time they asked him to move. Police officers do not want numerous people in their vicinity, this is for their protection and the protection of the public. You never approach a scene where police are actively investigating something. If you want to speak to them you make it be known from a distance.

Had he complied with their request they could of continued their questioning, the two guys they were questioning would have went on their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies