Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2015, 07:44 PM

963 posts, read 690,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The March for Life Banners the Media Won

March for life is getting bigger each year even if the media won't show you.
This young generation is waking up. They are more pro-life than my generation. Still, current child killing law was forced on my generation by activists courts, not by a vote of the People.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 07:49 PM

963 posts, read 690,013 times
Quote:
But there are places who do. Does PP send them there? Not if they will not get the money for the abortions.
The big government "feminists" HATE you uppity women who left the plantation. They want the world to believe that ALL women think like them and only men are pro-life.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:58 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
This young generation is waking up. They are more pro-life than my generation. Still, current child killing law was forced on my generation by activists courts, not by a vote of the People.
LOL They are not. If you think that than you don't know many young people. My generations definition of pro life is different than the pasts. Someone young will often call themselves pro life if they don't personally believe in abortion, yet they still think people should be able to have them.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
What do you think head start is? Welfare has many free programs for mothers but the pro-choice people don't seem to like those programs since they push abortion so much.
Because we know that women are intelligent enough to weigh out to weigh out all the options when making the choice . You under spitting out the most typical anti abortion cliche right there. That of the despondent woman who is only having an abortion because she can't pay for child care or doesn't know her options. The more realistic reason is that women having them are just simply not prepared for a child at that time. That can factor past the financial barriers into the emotional and maturity ones. I've known a few friends that have had abortions and none of them were for reasons including friggin daycare or to use it as birth control.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Can you tell me why 1 million women have to have abortions each year when they have BC? Throwing BC at teens, etc sure isn't helping. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over when it doesn't help.
The majority of abortions are by women aged 20-24, so try again . As you said, birth control isn't always reliable. In other cases people are just sloppy and make mistakes.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
No and it's getting worse each year, wonder why.
It's actually not :-P. Teen pregnancies have been dropping for 20 years and teens are waiting longer for sex.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You zeroed in on what supports your position, but missed or ignored the larger issue.
I don't see anyone on the pro-abortion side discussing this topic with the seriousness and moral weight that
these debates deserve, as Obama himself expressed:
there is something extraordinarily powerful about potential life and that that has a moral weight to it that we take into consideration when we’re having these debates.

Plus, you say "so what?" and totally ignore that Obama calls a "fetus" (pre-delivery pro-abortion term) who survives a late term abortion a "child". Then goes on to say we mustn't call it that.

He said that giving medical aid to such a baby that survives the abortion would be going against the intentions of the mother. Now, don't you see a problem here? The child is born. It is a human being, according to the pro-abortion assertion that "life begins at birth". Yet the mother is still in control of another's body just by her "intent"

What an outrageous view and all on the left overlook it, skirt around it, or come back with the sickening argument that late term abortions are "only done in 1%" of pregnancies. Do you know what 1% of the total is?

There has been an explosion in scientific knowledge concerning the unborn child since 1973,
when Roe v. Wade was decided. Now, for example, there is substantial medical evidence that an unborn child is capable of experiencing pain by 20 weeks after fertilization. (Note, "by 20 weeks" not after 20 weeks.)

http://www.nrlc.org/uploads/communic...ortion2014.pdf
Oh look, a national right to life pdf! That has to be chock full of unbiased information .

Old 01-31-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Those are all red herrings, ineffective diversions not solutions. Welfare breeds dependence. It is not an answer to preventing pregnancy. The greatest deterrent, to those who are thinking, mature, responsible people, is to consider the consequences.

Knowing that you'll get so many extra $$ in support from the welfare system is not a deterrent.

Prevention is the key.
Which is another problem because the yahoos against abortions are also the same ones rallying against better access to birth control and comprehensive sexual education.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I just posted one place that helps new moms. There are others but you won't quit saying there is no help. You are determined to think that.
There are places, but this goes back to what I said before. You are assuming all woman who have abortion are doing it for financial reasons that only a little day care could solve .

Old 01-31-2015, 08:19 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Oh look, a national right to life pdf! That has to be chock full of unbiased information .
I don't understand all the scientific references from pro-lifers. I thought life began at conception? If that's the belief, references to brain activity, pain, etc. are superfluous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies