Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:07 PM

14,170 posts, read 8,289,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Three-quarters of white Americans lack any minority friends, a survey finds: Their social networks, according to the Public Religion Research Institute, are "entirely white." The average white person with 100 friends, meanwhile, would have a single black friend, a single Latino friend, one Asian friend, and one mixed-race friend, the Washington Post reports.

A black person with 100 friends would typically have eight white friends, per the survey. The data seem to prove the Chris Rock joke that "all my black friends have a bunch of white friends—and all my white friends have one black friend," Christopher Ingraham notes at the Post.

Three quarters of whites don’t have any non-white friends - The Washington Post

I went out of my way to make friends with Asians.

Esp. Asian women.

In fact I married one.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:13 PM

39,190 posts, read 51,565,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Hispanic is a culture......not a race.
Another conservative who can not read.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
better to be real about yours and not actively seek out "minority friends" for your collection

i despise people who collect human beings like pets so they can feel better about themselves

if you are caucasion, chances are that you work, eat, and live near other white folks

so why would it be unheard of that the circle of friends look like them

Not understanding your post. First off all, people do not go around actively seeking out friends. If it happens then so be it. You make friends from work, your business, other people, friends, family, and clients.

And I do not look at any of our friends as a collection, they are not objects but people. Do you consider your friends a collection of what I would really like to know.

I have lived in all kind of Counties, right now I just happen to live in an area that is mostly all white, so what. Ever hear of a car. Some of our dear friends live close by. What the heck does your last sentence mean, do not understand.

Most people I know do not seek out friends period, if when you meet people you have things in common with, and they are hard working decent people who cares about what color they are. I have known some white trash in my time also.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,482,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Glad I live in California and this is definitely not the norm here.
It's strange that such a thing would make you glad. Shouldn't you just be happy if your friends are good people regardless of what race, age, gender, or sexual orientation they are? I don't really think about the race of my friends one way or another. It's irrelevant.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:28 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,228,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Who cares?

People will always gravitate to their own race.

Human nature. Not racism.
Oh. My. God.

I totally agree.....

Who cares?????

Why is it anyone else's business who we are associating with????

Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,160,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Shame on white people!.. does half italian or half cuban or half indian count as minority? or a woman perhaps count as a minority? I use to know a few street rats does that count?
Since you don't seem to understand what a minority is I've linked the below definition...

Minority | Define Minority at Dictionary.com

Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,355,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Who cares?

People will always gravitate to their own race.

Human nature. Not racism.
I gravitate towards people that aren't lame. Race doesn't even factor in it although most in my circle happen to be minorities.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:33 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,970,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Hispanic is a culture......not a race.
Agreed tho "Hispanic" in the US is a nice way of saying mixed race Indian who claims Spanish culture. Even tho some people of Spanish family like Leander Perez are "Hispanic" in name only by Wash DC rules.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont have many black friends but thats not my choice, thats theirs.. Many of them give my fiance (who is black) non stop harrassment for dating a white guy..

They are beyond rude, hateful, and racist, and I have little tolerance for any of it.
In a lot of lower class areas and neighborhoods you might run into quite a bit of people with bad attitudes. But once you move to a better area (depending on state) you will see much less hostility towards interracial relationships...

Old 08-27-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
it was Pittsburgh..
Pittsburgh is a city full of racial tension. In California people are usually open to interracial relationships...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.