Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 07:08 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,597,501 times

Advertisements

It's ok; they're black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 07:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh so keep our mouths shut? Do you really think that anything will change the minds of the followers?
Is that what I said? No it isn't. (I answered my own question as those they are directed at seem to rarely answer them)

Old 08-07-2014, 07:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
They will all get together and praise each other and talk of the wonderful things they'll do in the future.
The US has its sight set on Africa. China has been there for years and has many trade agreements with them.
None will be denounced for their inhumane treatment of their people; they will all act as if it didn't exist.

The US is out to get a foothold in Africa so they must be wined and dined and woo'd with lots of financial aid in the future.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:11 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,866,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Unfortunately much of the discourse in this thread is what causes others to refrain from condemning actions like this. I imagine there are many on the "left" that would condemn Obama for something like this but they don't want to be equated with the Sheeba, Oingo Boingo and retarded references.

I can understand that.
So you're okay with taxpayers footing the bill for an event that features leaders of countries who are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people?

You don't find any irony at all in the fact that Obama actually criticized these same leaders on their lack of gay rights for their countries, yet chose to turn a blind eye to all of their other transgressions and invited them to the White House for a photo op?

You're okay with Joseph Kabila, president of the Democratic Republic of Congo, being present despite calls for him to be uninvited due to allegations of widespread human rights abuses and war crimes?

You're okay with the fact that Kenyan president Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto are both on trial at the international criminal court for crimes against humanity, including murder, rape, forcible population transfer and persecution?

This isn't Obama inviting UConn's women's basketball team to the White House for a photo op. This is Obama hosting some of the most dispicable people on the planet at the White House.

You SHOULD be condemning actions like this. If you don't, you agree and endorse actions like this.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
So you're okay with taxpayers footing the bill for an event that features leaders of countries who are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people?
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said but pretty typical of the kind of response one expects.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
Quote:

You don't find any irony at all in the fact that Obama actually criticized these same leaders on their lack of gay rights for their countries, yet chose to turn a blind eye to all of their other transgressions and invited them to the White House for a photo op?

You're okay with Joseph Kabila, president of the Democratic Republic of Congo, being present despite calls for him to be uninvited due to allegations of widespread human rights abuses and war crimes?

You're okay with the fact that Kenyan president Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto are both on trial at the international criminal court for crimes against humanity, including murder, rape, forcible population transfer and persecution?

This isn't Obama inviting UConn's women's basketball team to the White House for a photo op. This is Obama hosting some of the most dispicable people on the planet at the White House.

You SHOULD be condemning actions like this. If you don't, you agree and endorse actions like this.
Obama's father, you know, the one he met once, twice, would be so proud. If he could only see him now. Then again, he might be too drunk.

Yep, tax payer funded dinner with Kenya’s Uhuru Kenyatta, the man who pled innocent to “murder and other charges for his alleged role in organizing violence that left more than 1,000 people dead after Kenya's 2007 elections

Old 08-07-2014, 07:19 AM

I wonder if they brought Helle Thorning Schmidt, the fake deaf translator.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:20 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,866,246 times
Quote:
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said but pretty typical of the kind of response one expects.
You said, and I quote:

"Unfortunately much of the discourse in this thread is what causes others to refrain from condemning actions like this. I imagine there are many on the "left" that would condemn Obama for something like this but they don't want to be equated with the Sheeba, Oingo Boingo and retarded references.

I can understand that."

You even used an extremely politically INCORRECT term -- retarded -- in explaining why many on the left wouldn't condemn Obama for something like this. So you imagine that those on the left couldn't condemn this because of references like Sheeba and Oingo Boingo?

As I said before, if you don't condemn this, then you support this.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
You said, and I quote:

"Unfortunately much of the discourse in this thread is what causes others to refrain from condemning actions like this. I imagine there are many on the "left" that would condemn Obama for something like this but they don't want to be equated with the Sheeba, Oingo Boingo and retarded references.

I can understand that."

You even used an extremely politically INCORRECT term -- retarded -- in explaining why many on the left wouldn't condemn Obama for something like this. So you imagine that those on the left couldn't condemn this because of references like Sheeba and Oingo Boingo?
Obviously you didn't read the replies and don't understand why that term was used in my post.

Quote:
As I said before, if you don't condemn this, then you support this.
One can condemn without the silly name calling meant to do nothing but inflame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Yeah... I thought the exact same thing... Africa is corrupt and its rulers are dictators and warlords... inviting them to talk about how to defeat themselves was retarded... Africa holds so much promise but everyone is out for their own with the mentality of take from others... like liberals...

Old 08-07-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Obviously you didn't read the replies and don't understand why that term was used in my post.

One can condemn without the silly name calling meant to do nothing but inflame.
Do you really think that Obama supporters are capable of opening their minds enough to see what is going on? Do you really think that Michelle wouldn't love to be the queen of Sheeba? She already acts like she is. Obama already thinks he was "elected" as a dictator and dare disagree with him he will relentlessly cry to his base. How dare they.

I have never, ever seen a "president" like this. The presidency has been mangled into something I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies