Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 05:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
They look at the forecast given by meteorological offices, such as the Met Office in the UK. They don't conduct their own weather forecast, they rely on the information given to them via the supercomputers, satellites and weather stations.

Right, we know how they came to their conclusions. Now if Hansen had been as open in how he arrived at conclusions maybe more people would trust the ones presented.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Only 19% believe because its fundamental for them keeping their jobs otherwise it would be 0%... global warming is a religion... I can't even put the word science in the same sentence with it...
Here, let me do that for you:

Global Warming/Climate Change is politicized science.

Much the same way EVERY government agency is operated under this administration.

I recall another government in the past that kept 'Political Officers' in every government office and in every military installation, including ships and submarines. I wonder if anyone else knows what type of government that was?

Old 05-07-2014, 05:52 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Here, let me do that for you:

Global Warming/Climate Change is politicized science.

Much the same way EVERY government agency is operated under this administration.

I recall another government in the past that kept 'Political Officers' in every government office and in every military installation, including ships and submarines. I wonder if anyone else knows what type of government that was?
Are you under the impression that scientists in the US are the only ones doing climate science?...You can blame the fossil fuel companies and the gullible right wing nuts for the politicization of climate science in the US....

Old 05-07-2014, 05:53 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
TV weather reporting using UN's post-normal science:
"Today's forecast calls for sunny skies and a slight westerly breeze - take shelter IMMEDIATELY!!!"

Old 05-07-2014, 07:11 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Meteorologists aren't climatologists. The OP's own reference points this out. I'm sure he meant to include this but just forgot.

Right.

They get paid to do a real job and don't need to invent fairy tales to secure funding...very different from a climate scientist.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
I'm laughing too, but I'm laughing at you.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Nah, it's politics.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:22 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Right.

They get paid to do a real job and don't need to invent fairy tales to secure funding...very different from a climate scientist.
I have no reason to think they're inventing fairy tales because it doesn't bother me if their findings contradict garbage spewed by right-wing clowns.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:33 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you under the impression that scientists in the US are the only ones doing climate science?...You can blame the fossil fuel companies and the gullible right wing nuts for the politicization of climate science in the US....
As usual you have it completely backwards, it's the democrats and the left who are using "climate science" to push their political agendas, legislation, laws and regulations.

It's the democrats and the left who are using "climate science" to reward their political and corporate cronies with hundreds of billions in free taxpayer funded grants, loan guarantees and giveaways.

If the average person jumps on the "man-made global warming" bandwagon it's the politicians on the left who will give them free taxpayer money to buy solar panels, electric cars, CFLs, etc... If you are a corporate crony then you benefit by receiving billions of taxpayer dollars from "the politicization of climate science in the US."

All the free stuff, received at taxpayer expense, goes to people benefiting from "the politicization of climate science in the US."

Old 05-07-2014, 07:37 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,794 times
Man made Climate change believers are no different than certain people in primitive times sacrificing select virgins to appease their God. They thought the could bring the rain, etc by sacricing a virgin. Today they think they can modifiy the climate by sacrificing your virgin. Metaphorically speaking. Not one bit of difference and they think they are so sophisticated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies