Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 07:04 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Absolutely..but our culture seems to beat it into a man to be macho..."not act like a girl" and worse. And if a boy doesn't act macho, he's often/sometimes called a pansy, a *****--and such. As though being gay is terrible. Which it's not.

As a young girl, trying to follow and act like my brothers, I was sometimes called a Tomboy--but that didn't have the same weight and OMG! horror! as being called a pansy.

Seems to me it's seemingly tough being a boy or man that does show his feminine side. I hope for a world that isn't so gender exclusive and biased and becomes much more inclusive.
The problem is worse here in the USA. Men in other countries aren't quite as rigid in this regard. The man up & boys don't cry nonsense needs to stop. We need to allow people to be themselves.

Both men and women are subjected to unfair societal pressures. End that trend and watch people become much happier over time.

I even believe that children should be raised in far more gender neutral environments. I myself would have benefited from this immensely.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:05 PM

169 posts, read 269,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
@The OP: Not completely.

Honestly, I would probably prefer to have ovaries and a uterus, to be able to become pregnant, to have a much less hairy body, to be able to wear make-up and a much more diverse selection/array of clothes without being criticized and/or stigmatized, et cetera. www.wilson-roofing.com Vancouver Roofer, Vancouver Roofing,
As a side note, I would also love to have a fully female brain. Being gender-fluid has its own flaws for me--after all, ideally, I would probably rotate between functioning as a female as a male, but I would prefer to have a more "solid" identity, if you will.

One of the things which I like about my birth sex is the fact that I am pretty tall--I am currently about 6 ft., 0 in., or about 1.83 meters. (It is rather unlikely that I would have been able to become this tall if I would have been born a female.) Honestly, regardless of if I was a man or a woman, I would prefer to be (very) tall.
I'm the opposite, glad I was born a male. And love all my male parts, period.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Well men shouldn't feel like they have to be that way. There's nothing wrong with being a feminine male either.
Agreed.

Personally, the label of "girly boy" sounds pretty nice to me. (Note: I myself am not that feminine--I suppose that I have both masculine and feminine traits.)

Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Absolutely..but our culture seems to beat it into a man to be macho..."not act like a girl" and worse. And if a boy doesn't act macho, he's often/sometimes called a pansy, a *****--and such. As though being gay is terrible. Which it's not.

As a young girl, trying to follow and act like my brothers, I was sometimes called a Tomboy--but that didn't have the same weight and OMG! horror! as being called a pansy.

Seems to me it's seemingly tough being a boy or man that does show his feminine side. I hope for a world that isn't so gender exclusive and biased and becomes much more inclusive.
To be fair, a non-macho and/or an emotional male does not necessarily need to be gay or bi. Such a male could certainly be straight as well.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
The problem is worse here in the USA. Men in other countries aren't quite as rigid in this regard. The man up & boys don't cry nonsense needs to stop. We need to allow people to be themselves.

Both men and women are subjected to unfair societal pressures. End that trend and watch people become much happier over time.

I even believe that children should be raised in far more gender neutral environments. I myself would have benefited from this immensely.
I certainly agree with you here.

Honestly, I also detest (sorry for the strong language here) and dislike that females are able to wear traditionally male clothes and are able to wear them without being criticized and/or stigmatized. In contrast, males might not even have the opportunity to wear female clothes sometimes (I mean, a woman wearing pants at work would be totally fine, but a man wearing a skirt--probably not. ), and if they do have the opportunity to wear them, they could certainly sometimes/often get criticized, ridiculed, shamed, or even worse than that.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Lynnwood View Post
I'm the opposite, glad I was born a male. And love all my male parts, period.
Good for you! (Not sarcasm)

IMHO, the male body appears to be less "useful" (no offense), less exciting, less aesthetically pleasing, less physically/sexually attractive, and more boring than the female body.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I certainly agree with you here.

Honestly, I also detest (sorry for the strong language here) and dislike that females are able to wear traditionally male clothes and are able to wear them without being criticized and/or stigmatized. In contrast, males might not even have the opportunity to wear female clothes sometimes (I mean, a woman wearing pants at work would be totally fine, but a man wearing a skirt--probably not. ), and if they do have the opportunity to wear them, they could certainly sometimes/often get criticized, ridiculed, shamed, or even worse than that.
Then it's up to men to knock that trend on the head because I always found certain types of men to be the oppressors in this regard rather than women (women might stare and disapprove, but disapproving men are more likely to harass or even physically harm someone different). As long as you're not hurting anyone you should be totally free to express yourself through fashion (this is a free country after all or so they say). Hell I know I have nonconformist views on this subject but just be you. F society because no one pays your bills.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Agreed.

Personally, the label of "girly boy" sounds pretty nice to me. (Note: I myself am not that feminine--I suppose that I have both masculine and feminine traits.)
I was called that throughout high school but little did they know it was actually a compliment in disguise. Not even that was anywhere near enough for me obviously.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
1. Then it's up to men to knock that trend on the head because I always found certain types of men to be the oppressors in this regard rather than women (women might stare and disapprove, but disapproving men are more likely to harass or even physically harm someone different).

2. As long as you're not hurting anyone you should be totally free to express yourself through fashion (this is a free country after all or so they say). Hell I know I have nonconformist views on this subject but just be you. F society because no one pays your bills.
1. Agreed. Frankly, intolerant men in regards to this absolutely sicken me.

2. I agree with you here completely.

I guess that I will simply need to slowly look for opportunities in regards to doing this.

Maybe I should also (eventually) build up some muscles as well. After all, my arms are currently weak and feminine (no offense). It might be much easier for me to say "You got a problem with that?" if someone will criticize me for cross-dressing in the future if I have muscles than if I don't.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I was called that throughout high school but little did they know it was actually a compliment in disguise. Not even that was anywhere near enough for me obviously.
Yeah, frankly, I would honestly also consider "girly boy" to be a compliment.

For the record, I myself don't think that I was ever called this, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies