Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 01:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It is exactly what most the right wing fringe, Obamacare haters on this thread have said and posted they will do.
Personal responsibility goes out the window when it comes to health care insurance. Personal responsibility only applies to those who have lost their job and need unemployment insurance, unwed mothers who need welfare, and seniors and poor who need food stamps.
How does being forced by government to obtain health insurance....which also happens to be publicly-subsizidized.... amount to "personal responsibility?

LOL

That's just delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 01:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How does being forced by government to obtain health insurance....which also happens to be publicly-subsizidized.... amount to "personal responsibility?

LOL

That's just delusional.
Even worse, how does not being forced to obtain health insurance, but pay a tax instead, to the government, which doesnt at all help pay for the medical bills the hospitals ring up, amount to personal responsibility?

I'm really trying to figure that out..

government goes.. If you dont get insurance to pay you medical bills, give $x to the government to keep, and then you can go without insurance, and not pay your medical bills

Yes, liberals are that dumb..

Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Most HSA plans (which Democrats Hate, absolutely hate) pre ACA were essentially catastrophic plans with much lower deductibles than what's being offers on the the exchanges these days. Catastrophic high quality plans have existed for a long time. If you look at the exchanges, very few HSA plans available these days.

I've posted numerous times the vast majority of people under age 40 could have gotten high quality tax advantaged HSA plans for around $100-200/month with around a $3000 deductible. And that's the REAL deductible. Zero in network cost after words.

None of these fake "gold/platinum" "zero deductible" 2014 plans in the exchanges when the true deductible in network is around $2000. You can hit the $2000 deductible easily with just about any emergency surgeries.

It's all smoke and mirrors. They claim premiums are lower than "expected" or "projected" They are still much higher. Of course they can sugar coat it and say the premiums are the "same" as last year but fail to mention the max out of pocket expenses are double (most individual who end up paying full price) will see their premiums double from $3000 to $6000 under the ACA.
I have been working in a doctor's office, dealing with insurance for 10 years. (Prior to that, my nursing experience did not include any work with insurance.) Some version of high-deductible insurance has long been available, well before Obamacare. And for just as long, people with these plans have been trying to get antibiotics for their kids' ear infections, sinus infections, coughs; steroids for their croup, and all sorts of stuff w/o bringing their kids in to the office so they don't have to pay for an office visit.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not even worried about it because I don't eat garbage food, and I make sure that I don't put myself in a position to be touching someone elses nasty germs.

You go worry about yourself, my health is perfectly fine.
You keep telling yourself that. May you never have emergency cancer surgery, or any cancer surgery for that matter. And don't wear out your hips using them in a job that requires you to be on your feet all day long, or any other way, either.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not even worried about it because I don't eat garbage food, and I make sure that I don't put myself in a position to be touching someone elses nasty germs.

You go worry about yourself, my health is perfectly fine.
Last year, I was doing cardio six days a week and hitting iron 4 days a week. Low body fat and healthy and only at the age of 24. I started gaining a six pack and I ate pretty darn clean. Straight up juicing vegetables and fruit for breakfast while eating chiken breasts, egg whites and alll that clean good healthy food. But I got a slight ache on my body that wouldn't go away. Had multiple tests done before an MRI revealed I has a tumor that required invasive surgery for removal.

I wish no ill harm on any one. But don't be naive to think that just because you eat healthy and exercise that you wont acquire a conditions that requires expensive treatment. You are playing Russian roulette that go with out insurance.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:00 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
Last year, I was doing cardio six days a week and hitting iron 4 days a week. Low body fat and healthy and only at the age of 24. I started gaining a six pack and I ate pretty darn clean. Straight up juicing vegetables and fruit for breakfast while eating chiken breasts, egg whites and alll that clean good healthy food. But I got a slight ache on my body that wouldn't go away. Had multiple tests done before an MRI revealed I has a tumor that required invasive surgery for removal.

I wish no ill harm on any one. But don't be naive to think that just because you eat healthy and exercise that you wont acquire a conditions that requires expensive treatment. You are playing Russian roulette that go with out insurance.
Sad story. But I am confident you are capable of taking care of your own health care needs. They are not my responsibility, or the government's, or anyone elses's.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You keep telling yourself that. May you never have emergency cancer surgery, or any cancer surgery for that matter. And don't wear out your hips using them in a job that requires you to be on your feet all day long, or any other way, either.
If you get cancer, it is not my responsibility to pay for it.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If you get cancer, it is not my responsibility to pay for it.
Who said it was? Some of us were responding to a poster who doesn't have insurance, doesn't think she'll need it because she eats right and exercises.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:01 AM

1,199 posts, read 735,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Sad story. But I am confident you are capable of taking care of your own health care needs. They are not my responsibility, or the government's, or anyone elses's.
I did as much personal responsibility as I could. Took care of my health but I was considered uninsurable before time due to a minor pre existing condition that had no ill effects on my everyday health and never had my health deteriorate because of it. The job I got after college didn't offer insurance. I was only insured under my parents plan.

But there's no arguing with you. Based on the description under your user name, you only see the world in a black and white fashion.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:45 AM

16,762 posts, read 8,229,990 times
When I used that Tax software this year, it showed a little piece at the end to check on my status for Health coverage.

I hit the link and found out about the ACA. It was very interesting to the point that I may drop my pre-medicare coverage for 2015. Go to healthcare.gov and plug in your adjusted income and you will find some interesting prices for coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies