Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 09:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The Utopian dream according to democrats is for all our women to become single moms, quit their jobs, stay home, be barefoot and pregnant, and write poetry while collecting Food Stamps, WIC, Welfare, energy and housing assistance, Medicaid and 100% ACA subsides.
Democratic dependents from cradle to grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 10:23 AM

43,710 posts, read 44,473,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Do they get a subsidy or qualify for expanded Medicaid?
Not everyone qualifying for expanded Medicaid. If they do get subsidies they first have to shell out the money for several months before getting the subsidies next year.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:29 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,673,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Not everyone qualifying for expanded Medicaid. If they do get subsidies they first have to shell out the money for several months before getting the subsidies next year.
Most republican states didn't expand Medicaid leaving a huge donut hole between those who are at or below the poverty level and working families just above the poverty level. Those are the people who represent the most Obamacare horror stories.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:05 AM

9,875 posts, read 7,757,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Do they get a subsidy or qualify for expanded Medicaid?
They would all qualify for a subsidy (not Medicaid). None are wealthy. But I'm sure they are not the only Obamacare supporters who talk big and bad but won't step up and start paying.

Forbes has a couple of good articles that talk about the difficulty for families to go from paying for no insurance to 12 months of insurance, and the penalties/subsidy claw backs that may take many people by surprise next year.

Behind the '4 Million Obamacare Enrollees' Facade Is An Uncomfortable Truth - Forbes

A Hidden Obamacare "Tax" That Few Know About But Close To 40% May End Up Paying - Forbes

Old 02-28-2014, 12:36 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
Yup because I am sure you can afford a six figure hospital bill after coming g down with a severe flu or a case of pneumonia. I am sure you will sell your house and pay off your bills correct? Or is your plan to declare bankruptcy and have premium paying individuals and tax payers pick up your slack?
I'm not even worried about it because I don't eat garbage food, and I make sure that I don't put myself in a position to be touching someone elses nasty germs.

You go worry about yourself, my health is perfectly fine.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not even worried about it because I don't eat garbage food, and I make sure that I don't put myself in a position to be touching someone elses nasty germs.

You go worry about yourself, my health is perfectly fine.
I hope you stay in perfect health forever.
Same here......or so I thought. Spent the last 30 years eating 9 grain dirt bread, chicken, fish and salad. Had a perfect physical with EKG. Got a funny feeling in my chest less than a month later. Told my Doctor. He ordered a stress test. I thought I'd lose an hour of work for the test and be back on the job that afternoon. 30 sec. into the test they put me on a gurney and wheeled me into a catheter lab for an angiogram.
Flat lined on the operating table. They inserted balloons in my ventricles and put me on a special machine to keep me alive and helo lifted me to St. Joe's Hospital, 135 miles away.
Woke up with a quintuple bypass. All just because of a light, airy feeling in my chest.
Total cost, 372,000.00
It happens suddenly. It happens fast, and once it does, you're just along for the ride, destination unknown.
Without insurance,(BCBS) I would have lost everything and you would be paying my hospital bill. As it was, I was on bread and water for about 3 years, figuratively speaking, until I paid off my co-pays and deductibles.

Just sayin...........

Last edited by mohawkx; 02-28-2014 at 01:01 PM..

Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will say this: if I were a deadbeat, content on getting 'free' medical treatment at local county hospitals and clinics, I would very much hate to have to pay out any money whatsoever for health insurance. It is the deadbeats way. It is why they are 'deadbeats'.
Haha.. they are WITHOUT health insurance, do you think these freeloaders object to free treatment?

/FAIL

Old 02-28-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Most republican states didn't expand Medicaid leaving a huge donut hole between those who are at or below the poverty level and working families just above the poverty level. Those are the people who represent the most Obamacare horror stories.
Because that money needs to come from somewhere..

if I tax you and then give you something free, is it really free?

Old 02-28-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because that money needs to come from somewhere..

if I tax you and then give you something free, is it really free?
After reading your posts for the last 6 years I know that you feel the nation went to the dogs when FDR created the new deal, Social security, the federal reserve was formed and our dollar was detached from the gold standard. Every tax is illegal and the government has been in violation of the constitution since the income tax was instituted.
I know you don't pay into Social Security and don't believe in any social safety nets for anybody and all taxation is illegal.
That's your agenda as I've see it over time.

So your response is not unexpected.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
After reading your posts for the last 6 years I know that you feel the nation went to the dogs when FDR created the new deal, Social security, the federal reserve was formed and our dollar was detached from the gold standard. Every tax is illegal and the government has been in violation of the constitution since the income tax was instituted.
I know you don't pay into Social Security and don't believe in any social safety nets for anybody and all taxation is illegal.
That's your agenda as I've see it over time.

So your response is not unexpected.
How does this relate to what I said, or the thread?

Is the best you can do to dispute what I said was to attack me using made up crap? Bravo, your posting is ****.. call home and tell mommy you went to the bathroom today..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies