Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 06:00 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,509,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Media matters. Soros owned and funded. Nothing to trust there.

Oooohhh. Evil oil companies. There are other sources that say the same thing without funding from energy companies. To say there are not is to be dishonest.
You did not seriously think liberal freaks would, or could, ever be honest, did you? I mean all one has to do is read any of Chad's or Seabass Inna Bun's posts to know that they are deliberately lying through their teeth. The concept of "honesty" has never once crossed a liberal freak's mind. You will either believe their lies or they will have you executed. At least that is their ultimate goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
If there is no "pause", why are warmanista scientists pumping out papers every other day trying to explain it away?
Because that's how science works.....

Again, there is nothing in the scientific community to suggest human's don't influence our climate, but there is a lot of debate on significance on that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Yep - other than Japan, Canada, Australia and the EU, Republicans are the only AGW infidels:

3 Countries That Are Bailing on Climate Action

EU eyes softer climate policies to fuel ‘industrial renaissance’

Edited to ask: May I have your permission to add your "re-education" quote to my eco-fascism thread???
It helps to read your own articles. None of them are stating AGW isn't occurring or dismissing the science, they just are putting their economic interests first.

What else ya got?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
So you admit it has stopped warming 17 years ago.

Thanks for confirming.
You've been told multiple times that the oceans have been warming. You only focusing on atmospheric warming instead of the world's largest heat sink. Thanks for confirming you are dishonest.

Quote:
Full of crap as usual.

The recent pause in warming - Met Office

Dozens more links on request.
Don't bother, from your link:

Quote:
The first paper shows that a wide range of observed climate indicators continue to show changes that are consistent with a globally warming world, and our understanding of how the climate system works.

The second suggests that it is not possible to explain the recent lack of surface warming solely by reductions in the total energy received by the planet, i.e. the balance between the total solar energy entering the system and the thermal energy leaving it. Changes in the exchange of heat between the upper and deep ocean appear to have caused at least part of the pause in surface warming, and observations suggest that the Pacific Ocean may play a key role.

The final paper shows that the recent pause in global surface temperature rise does not materially alter the risks of substantial warming of the Earth by the end of this century. Nor does it invalidate the fundamental physics of global warming, the scientific basis of climate models and their estimates of climate sensitivity.
I can only assume since you were dishonest in the two posts I responded to, the links put forth won't amount to much. Go home and let the big kids play or continue to be called out for your dishonesty.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:55 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,366,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post

Again, there is nothing in the scientific community to suggest human's don't influence our climate, but there is a lot of debate on significance on that effect.

It helps to read your own articles. None of them are stating AGW isn't occurring or dismissing the science, they just are putting their economic interests first.

What else ya got?

AGW is real. I have better things to spend my money on so leave me alone.

Happy now?

Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You did not seriously think liberal freaks would, or could, ever be honest, did you? I mean all one has to do is read any of Chad's or Seabass Inna Bun's posts to know that they are deliberately lying through their teeth. The concept of "honesty" has never once crossed a liberal freak's mind. You will either believe their lies or they will have you executed. At least that is their ultimate goal.
Liberals freaks, conservative freaks are all the same. You folks are made for each other.

The concept of honesty has never once crossed a conservative freak's mind. You either believe the conservative freaks line or they will have you executed. That is their ultimate goal.

^^^^ Wow it's easy to just be dishonest and make up stuff.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
AGW is real. I have better things to spend my money on so leave me alone.

Happy now?
No. You are free to move to a country where they don't want your precious money or at least put up a more intelligent fight.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
No. You are free to move to a country where they don't want your precious money or at least put up a more intelligent fight.
I agree that it seems to be a better argument to say they agree but aren't going to fund it. But thanks for noting that it's about the money.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I agree that it seems to be a better argument to say they agree but aren't going to fund it. But thanks for noting that it's about the money.
Everything is always about the money..... climate change isn't different. There's money interests on both sides of the aisle, but mining and manufacturing dwarfs the other aisle.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Everything is always about the money..... climate change isn't different. There's money interests on both sides of the aisle, but mining and manufacturing dwarfs the other aisle.
And when they ask for your tax dollars in support I condemn that also.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:30 AM

8,067 posts, read 3,965,501 times
Quote:

Given the current crop of climate scientists, I can readily accept your assertion that they are expending funds to study a phenomenon that they claim does not exist... that's how climate science works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033

What else ya got?

The Japanese are "cafeteria" warmists; they were perfectly willing to push hardship on other as long as their nuclear plants were running - things changed.
(and the other countries are experiencing first hand that salvation comes at too steep a cost - the "cure" is worse than the disease.)

the eco-fascists are going to need bigger re-education camps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies