Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 11:49 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
so what does a cop do then?
Typically they arrive after the fact and write a report. Investigate after a crime. They don't even want to be there during the actual commission of a crime. I hear these idiots every time I go to the range. If you ever heard them talking you would think twice before EVER calling a cop. Most of them can't shoot worth a crap either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Typically they arrive after the fact and write a report. Investigate after a crime.
Correct. They have no obligation whatsoever to protect anyone. Consider the fact that we have police, but still have crime.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Your 8x more likely to be killed by a Police officer than by a terrorist in this country.

War on Terror? Yea right.

Can we get this war on the Police State started my fellow Americans?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:20 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,572 times
This man, Mr. McGee, did what will have to be done. Unfortunately, he has been charged, of course, and is fighting for his life. Americans need to get over the things that divide us - race, sexuality, etc. - and band together against our domestic terrorist enemy, COPS! Cops that do care about our Constitutional rights, due process, etc. are in the minority. I am researching the Oathkeepers. Sounds like they are the closest to "good cops" that exist. Expect them to be murdered by their "brothers" as well when they refuse to obey unConstitutional illegal orders.

Deputy Sowders, rot in hell! To bad you went alone!

SWAT Team Deputy Killed Serving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Your 8x more likely to be killed by a Police officer than by a terrorist in this country.

War on Terror? Yea right.

Can we get this war on the Police State started my fellow Americans?

Old 01-12-2014, 06:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
so what does a cop do then?
Aside from eating doughnuts and gunning people down?

They spend the rest of their time filing grievances with the unions.

To serve me and protect my pension....

Mircea

Old 01-12-2014, 07:48 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Answers slow to come in teen's shooting death | StarNewsOnline.com

This happened in my area, so I've been interested in it.

The mother called the police; Policeman A showed up, was calm, did a great job, and just talked to the kid.

Policewoman B showed up, and was calm, did a great job, and just talked to the kid.

At that point everything was fine, nobody was in danger, and the situation was on its way to being resolved.

Then... policeman C showed up, and within 70 seconds of his arrival, the kid was shot and an EMS was on its way. He ordered the other two officers to taze the kid, and was quoted as saying, "I don't have time for this," before he shot the kid.

According to the mother, when policeman C fired his weapon, it almost hit the other two officers, who were subduing the kid at the time. One of the officers checked his own abdomen to see if he'd been shot.

It sounds to me like you're jumping to conclusions as well, defending the police because you assume they acted properly.
This reminded me of a Sgt we had in the military. We were MPs, and I remember one particular incident that I had to respond to. It was a fight between two soldiers. I arrived on scene, and another MP arrived on scene. These two knew me so between myself and the other MP, we had the situation pretty much under control and were getting ready to tell the two to knock it off, sleep it off, and start acting right.

Here comes the Patrol Sup. He strode over to the scene, and within a minute, he had these two soldiers arguing again, ready to fight each other. F-en moron. Apparently any time this Patrol Sup showed up, things got worse. I can only share my anecdote, and it happened at that time, as well.

We went out to the field one time, almost a month long exercise. We were all getting ready to hit the hay, and this pos Sgt had been trying to treat us all like we were still in Basic Training, all day. The other Sgts told him he was not going to treat us like that and this pr**k ended up not getting his way.

We were playing war games and this idiot hid up in a tree. What a...there really is no other way to say it than, "what a complete and utter dipsh**". Okay, you manage to get one or two people. Now we know where you are, and you can't escape. Brilliant plan! So we shot him down. (Miles equipment) He was livid. hahahahahahahaha

Anyway, as I said, we were all getting ready to hit the hay one night when he stood in the middle of the tent and said that he wouldn't want to go to war with any of us. One fellow soldier piped up and said, 'Yah, because we'd shoot you'. Right, wrong, or indifferent, I can assure you, every single person felt that way about this guy. He would have gotten us killed several times over if he was ever in charge in war time.

There is no room for hot heads like that Sgt or the police officer C in this story. They put on that pistol belt and all of that power goes to their heads. They are not serving, and they are not protecting. They are abusing their power and this officer needs to be held accountable for it.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,710,234 times
Looks like trigger happy piggy might be going to jail. Voluntary manslaughter is too light of a charge. This should have been murder 2.

North Carolina officer indicted in shooting of mentally ill teen

Old 08-28-2015, 06:30 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Absolutely disgusting. Why do we let these animals become police officers? And I bet you anything they won't get in a lick of trouble for it either.

This is why you don't dial 911 unless totally necessary. If you call for an ambulance the cops may come as well. Who knows what they will make out of anything and resort to tyranny to put things their way?
Once you are on the cops radar you stay there.

Why would they get in trouble? Who dialed 911? This kid would have been better off in an institution. Right or wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies