Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 07:13 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Cops= legal mafia
I'd say more like: Cops=Population sample, and all the good and bad that represents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 07:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
What about it? Obviously something went wrong.

I'm just glad the mother did not teach the kid to shoot a rifle, or we may have had another crazy person shooting up a grade school, after killing his mother while she slept.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:24 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Answers slow to come in teen's shooting death | StarNewsOnline.com

This happened in my area, so I've been interested in it.

The mother called the police; Policeman A showed up, was calm, did a great job, and just talked to the kid.

Policewoman B showed up, and was calm, did a great job, and just talked to the kid.

At that point everything was fine, nobody was in danger, and the situation was on its way to being resolved.

Then... policeman C showed up, and within 70 seconds of his arrival, the kid was shot and an EMS was on its way. He ordered the other two officers to taze the kid, and was quoted as saying, "I don't have time for this," before he shot the kid.

According to the mother, when policeman C fired his weapon, it almost hit the other two officers, who were subduing the kid at the time. One of the officers checked his own abdomen to see if he'd been shot.

It sounds to me like you're jumping to conclusions as well, defending the police because you assume they acted properly.
If this is actually the way the incident went down, policeman C should be fired and face charges.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
The MSM plays you guys like a fiddle. :-)

You know "Mentally ill man shot dead while attacking police with a screw driver" sells a whole lot less paper than "Cop guns down 18 year old mentally ill kid with a screw driver."

Old 01-07-2014, 07:35 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,713,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The MSM plays you guys like a fiddle. :-)

You know "Mentally ill man shot dead while attacking police with a screw driver" sells a whole lot less paper than "Cop guns down 18 year old mentally ill kid with a screw driver."
What part of "Subdued" don't you get?

Old 01-07-2014, 07:37 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
And all you that hate the police so much, remember NOT to call 911 when you're threatened.
You do realize that police respond in minutes, not seconds. Sometimes many minutes. If you're threatened, your best bet is to defend yourself.

This is the most important thing to remember... The police investigate crimes, they don't prevent them.

We have police and we still have murders, rapes, and other crimes.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:38 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,713,843 times
I love how the usual suspects have jumped in to defend their boys in blue. I really wonder what it would take for you to see the light. A cop could walk in to a day care, open fire and kill a dozen children, and you would be here saying "Well, the three year olds must have been a threat.... He was just doing his job and the next time you're in trouble I'll bet you can't wait to call a cop...".

Old 01-07-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
What part of "Subdued" don't you get?
Where did you get that from? The paper that their main job is to lie, sorry, twist the facts, to the public for profit?

Old 01-07-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You do realize that police respond in minutes, not seconds. Sometimes many minutes. If you're threatened, your best bet is to defend yourself.

This is the most important thing to remember... The police investigate crimes, they don't prevent them.

We have police and we still have murders, rapes, and other crimes.
Incorrect. Police has no duty to do anything, be it investigating the crime or protecting any individual.

Police service is provided as a courtesy, meaning you get what you get and be thankful for what you get.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:44 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Incorrect. Police has no duty to do anything, be it investigating the crime or protecting any individual.

Police service is provided as a courtesy, meaning you get what you get and be thankful for what you get.
It's not a courtesy. Taxpayers fund it. If police were all unpaid volunteers, then yes, that would be a courtesy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies