Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 12:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,309,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No, that claim cannot and will not be made anymore. It's funny that some posters don't like what this admin is doing but they still defend them at all costs and you won't hear them mutter a single bad word about anything that they do, you will just see basic drive-by posts like the one you responded to without any substance.
There was substance.

The substance is this: stop trying to change a country and people that don't want to be changed. Stop dropping 2 billion a week while calling for cuts to programs for Americans here.

Leave Afghanistan. I don't know how many different ways i can say it. Leave, skidaddle, get ta steppin, move out, get going, get the hell outta here, vamous, etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 12:16 PM

39,380 posts, read 27,767,665 times
This is why we will never win the war when we fight with crazy, insane people.

They are crazy. American shouldn't be sending our Military people to that screwed up country to fight. Their leaders have no respect or love towards their children, if we send our military service people to their country, then we are pretty much the same as them.

Bring the troops back and stop being world police!!!

Old 01-06-2014, 12:26 PM

1,256 posts, read 4,205,536 times
Though I agree it's better just to leave Afghanistan, it's important to remember that we didn't go into there to save Afghanistan but to root out Bad Guys who had killed a few thousand people here in the US. We also weren't real happy with their opium production nor, unsurprisingly, what we consider to be their Human Rights record.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 PM

39,380 posts, read 27,767,665 times
Obviously, we are given reasons why do we have to go to that country in the first place. Firstly, it was to find Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. Secondly, it was to destroy the Taliban and the drugs trade. Thirdly, it was to establish a democracy and, fourthly, to prevent the Taliban and Al-Qaeda attacking the streets of Britain.

All of these answers are wrong - designed to confuse and scare.

I worry about the safety of American troops. Want them to find their way home safe.

"If they want a war, fine" cost too much money and innocent lives. Just not worth it. War is not "fine", and never will be.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,283,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

They are crazy. American shouldn't be sending our Military people to that screwed up country to fight. Their leaders have no respect or love towards their children, if we send our military service people to their country, then we are pretty much the same as them.

Sure would have been cool had you told Bush the same and he had listened.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,309,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Though I agree it's better just to leave Afghanistan, it's important to remember that we didn't go into there to save Afghanistan but to root out Bad Guys who had killed a few thousand people here in the US. We also weren't real happy with their opium production nor, unsurprisingly, what we consider to be their Human Rights record.
The 911 terrorists died in the attack, bin Laden was in Pakistan, and their opium production is none of our business...nor is their human rights record.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:16 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,798,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I guess you don't know that Afghanistan was pretty much like Europe at one time. That religion was private and it wasn't used to dictate their lives and minds. Then the extremists took over and turned the clock back.

Afghanistan in the 1960s and 70s:

There were Afghans who held on to the "old" ways and "old" culture but they lived outside the city. They were village people, farmers, cave dwellers.

The country changed when extremists took over. Countries change through the ruling powers. Look how American has changed, and not necessarily for the better.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,268,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There was substance.

The substance is this: stop trying to change a country and people that don't want to be changed. Stop dropping 2 billion a week while calling for cuts to programs for Americans here.

Leave Afghanistan. I don't know how many different ways i can say it. Leave, skidaddle, get ta steppin, move out, get going, get the hell outta here, vamous, etc..
I agree completely

Old 01-06-2014, 07:38 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,075,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

But there is no one interested in doing this. Or they say they are going to do this -- to get elected -- but then don't.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:41 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,316,758 times
Vets from Nam can tell you about little boys and shoe shine kits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies