Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:08 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,553,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Maybe it's not the GOP who have a 'long way to go' in race relations but the black people who keep closing their minds off because the DemoKKKrats have brainwashed you into thinking the GOP are hopelessly racist?

Many black folk didn't give Mitt Romney a chance when he
spoke at the NAACP, they closed off to him with their arms folded as soon as he walked on stage.

He's never said or done anything racist but you assume he's racist because he's a Republican. That's classic Democrat propaganda you've been brainwashed your whole life with.

All the Dixiecrats fled the Democratic party to the GOP after the Civil Rights Act.

So tell us why should we trust the GOP? What have they done to rid themselves of that group?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
And that right there is why blacks wont be moving to the Republican side. You managed to insult blacks with the welfare state victimology and Uncle Sam Plantation non-sense. Did you ever think that black people get up everyday and go to work and have to put up with all the crackers and bend down a little bit and keep their mouths shut. You think blacks are getting a big handout from voting Dem and would be rewarded by voting with all the white racists Republicans...what a joke.

I agree. The GOP and its white supporters speak to us like kids and refuse to listen to our viewpoint.

The result being that, even though many of us are tired of the Democrats, and there is certainly an often expressed view that they (even including Obama) take the black voted for granted, we vote for them as we think that they are less bad than the GOP. And blacks aren't the only ones. Hispanics, Jews, and Asians give the Democrats over 70% of their votes in presidential elections. Young whites also give over 50%.

The GOP needs to ask themselves why the are increasingly the party of old white people.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 PM

13,995 posts, read 5,650,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
And that right there is why blacks wont be moving to the Republican side. You managed to insult blacks with the welfare state victimology and Uncle Sam Plantation non-sense. Did you ever think that black people get up everyday and go to work and have to put up with all the crackers and bend down a little bit and keep their mouths shut. You think blacks are getting a big handout from voting Dem and would be rewarded by voting with all the white racists Republicans...what a joke.
1) I'm not a Republican and could care less if they ever get another vote. Read the screen name...it's a clue on where I fall ideologically.

2) Nothing I wrote is untrue. The Democrat party is more responsible for the destruction of the black family and their status as both permanent economic underclass and (ironically) political royalty, and they reward this with 90-95% voting loyalty. The DNC has absolute control of the low info media political complex, and the narrative there is that anything a Republican does or says is racist, here's some free stuff, etc.

3) No race has been sold welfare statism as much as blacks, and consequently, no race has bought into its destructive effects as much, and the data does not lie, regardless of your particular lack of intellectual honesty on the subject.

4) The Republicans are fools for even trying to "get the black vote" because nothing they say, do or try will ever be portrayed as anything other than base racism.

5) Intellectually honest question, requesting same from answer - how are Republicans supposed to get the black vote if note promising more free candy than the Dems? What exactly would do it that they haven't tried? Are you honestly saying that smart libertarians making accurate social commentary on obscure message boards is their electoral problem with blacks, and shutting me up is their big winner?

Old 12-11-2013, 09:53 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,716,656 times
I still find it amusing that the GOP decided to invite Mr. I'm-not-sure-I'd-Vote-for-Civil-Rights-Law to the African-American outreach center.

GOP tone-deafness continues...

Old 12-11-2013, 10:05 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Also that Jim Crow perpetuators were Democrats. I can understand if he were speaking to an uneducated crowd, but he was on a college campus and that is one of the most laughable "talking points" that conservative GOPers like to throw out there as if they were the first to "discover" this. But all in all, I don't have a huge gripe with Rand Paul over race, maybe with his dad due to his racist past, but I don't like a lot of the libertarianism in Rand Paul, but I'm sure he can sway some black voters with some good economic policy to at least give him a listen at times.

Jim Crow was a southern affliction, not a political one. Republicans in the South agreed with it just as much as the Democrats.

He isnt going to sway any Black people with libertarian economic ideology. I dont know all of Paul's views, but speaking from what i have seen from libertarians, it doesnt look good.

they claim people have a right to form a union(even thought they philosophically disagree with them) but that a company has the right to fire you for forming one. Its basically saying that they want the company and the individual to be on an even playing field, but if one have 10 billion dollars, an army of lawyers and the other is a regular person, then that isnt even.

There is also the minimum wage argument which really makes no sense to me. They believe that lowering or completely getting rid of the minimum wage would create more jobs, the problem with that argument is any job created would be lower wage. There argument for this is that people should use these low wage jobs as a stepping stone to better ones, but they never really explain how that works. There are obviously people who are in their 40's 50's and even 60's who work minimum and low wage jobs who have to survive off of that little pay because they do not have the skill or education set to move up( probably because they cant afford the schooling or training).

Old 12-11-2013, 10:10 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I find it sad. Not because a libertarian like me finds anything remotely redeeming about the current GOP, minus Rand Paul and Justin Amash, but because 95% of the black voters won't hear anything besides the welfare state victimology rhetoric, and tune out everything else. Essentially, they let the DNC and the media keep them captive as house slaves on Unlce Sam's plantation, and they don't want to hear from anybody telling them anything that might upset the master of the platation, or their relative comfort level.

Doesn't matter to me, because libertarians lose every election a Republican or Democrat wins, but the black voter rewarding their own destruction with 95% loyalty is a sad thing for them, and they aren't even aware of it.

Not much funny about that imho.
Quote:
1) I'm not a Republican and could care less if they ever get another vote. Read the screen name...it's a clue on where I fall ideologically.

2) Nothing I wrote is untrue. The Democrat party is more responsible for the destruction of the black family and their status as both permanent economic underclass and (ironically) political royalty, and they reward this with 90-95% voting loyalty. The DNC has absolute control of the low info media political complex, and the narrative there is that anything a Republican does or says is racist, here's some free stuff, etc.

3) No race has been sold welfare statism as much as blacks, and consequently, no race has bought into its destructive effects as much, and the data does not lie, regardless of your particular lack of intellectual honesty on the subject.

4) The Republicans are fools for even trying to "get the black vote" because nothing they say, do or try will ever be portrayed as anything other than base racism.

5) Intellectually honest question, requesting same from answer - how are Republicans supposed to get the black vote if note promising more free candy than the Dems? What exactly would do it that they haven't tried? Are you honestly saying that smart libertarians making accurate social commentary on obscure message boards is their electoral problem with blacks, and shutting me up is their big winner?

No where in your comments did you actually explain how Democrats have contributed to the "destruction of the black family".

Also, the majority of African Americans in this nation live in red states, so regardless of their vote in a Presidential election, their state governments are run by Republicans.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 AM

Quote:
1) - how are Republicans supposed to get the black vote if note promising more free candy than the Dems? What exactly would do it that they haven't tried? Are you honestly saying that smart libertarians making accurate social commentary on obscure message boards is their electoral problem with blacks, and shutting me up is their big winner?
What have the GOP done to get the black vote? Have they listened to what various segments of the black population? Or have they peddled out various black idiots like Allen West.

Believe me there are a good many blacks who would listen to Michael Steele, and even Condi Rice, when she isn't peddling GOP dogma.

10% of the black population are immigrants. 30% now earn more than the average white household, and many reject the humiliation of welfare dependency, because it goes against traditional southern black values.

So tell me why can GOP candidates like Mike Bloomberg, and Christine Todd Whitman get roughly 35% of the black vote, with even Chris Cristie getting roughly 20%?

The fact that the GOP pulls only 5% in national elections is because people like you peddle racist crap about black people and expect us to like you all.
Why should I vote for a party which says that I as a black man is a "taker".

Old 12-12-2013, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No where in your comments did you actually explain how Democrats have contributed to the "destruction of the black family".

Also, the majority of African Americans in this nation live in red states, so regardless of their vote in a Presidential election, their state governments are run by Republicans.

Oh yes the democrats were responsible for telling women that if they had a man in the house they couldn't qualify for welfare? So the men left.

No that sounds more like the GOP who consider those in need of help to be low life folks, even though this describes a large % of their southern white base, much of whom depend on Medicaid, food stamps and disability and unemployment payments.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:46 AM

And are Asian Indians also losers who want to mooch off the govt? Hardly. 75% of Asians voted for Obama the last two elections, with Asian Indians supporting him in even higher numbers.

But the GOP runs around screaming that some thing is wrong with every one who don't support them. They fail to understand that increasingly it is only old white people who do!

Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 AM

13,995 posts, read 5,650,251 times
Quote:
The War on Poverty and the Great Society. Check the pre-1964 record of out of wedlock birth, single mother/no father present households, and economic mobility. Hell, check the record of Harlem schools before and after forced integration and using busing to accomplish it. All of this is peddled by Democrats more at the black community than anyone else. The number one statistical corollary to poverty, crime and most negative socioeconomic conditions is the single mother household. It is more accurate than race, age, geography...anything. Welfare makes the single mother, absentee father household profitable, and again, no race has had this bill of goods marketed at them harder than blacks, thus it should be no surprise which race leads the nation in the most destructive socioeconomic predictor out there.
Quote:
Where am I making excuses for Republicans? Both parties peddle welfare statism, the Republicans just came to the party 25 years too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies