Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,472,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You still haven't given me a reason to care of my President is a man or a woman. Both sides use division based on gender and race. Do you know why? Because there are some people who do not want a female President or a President who is not White. That is sadly how it is. And there are some people who don't trust the other side.
No, both sides do not use race and gender. You will find very few or no examples of conservatives using identity politics. That's a Democrat game.

And no, they do not use the division because there are some people who do not want a minority president. They use it for precisely the opposite reason. They use it to inflame the passions of people who do want a minority president. You don't call someone a racist to change the mind of the person you are speaking to. You call someone a racist so that other people won't like the person you are speaking to. Calling people racists does nothing whatsoever to end racism. It's just a weapon to marginalize the people you're talking about.
Quote:
The fact is, divisions have existed in this nation from day one. Your solution makes no sense. Making sure that the President can only be male and White will not stop any kind of division. We are a divided nation because we've always been one.
That wasn't her solution. Her solution was to focus on the issues rather than on gender or skin color. You are the one who interpreted that to mean that she only wants a white man in office. She never said that.
Quote:
The reason no one can get past gender and race is because those are part of divide and conquer, and divide and conquer go all the way back to the colonial days. It is this meddling by the elites that people prefer their own to the exclusion to everyone else.
The reason no one can get past gender and race is because Democrats won't let people get past gender and race. That's how Democrats get elected. They identify a group, target that group with how much they are victims, and then exploit that feeling of victimization to get votes.

Do you ever actually see a Republican criticize Obama because of his race? No, you don't. You only see Democrats say that Republicans criticize Obama because of his race. There's a difference.
Quote:
A better question is this. What do you do about millions of people, who prefer their own interests to the exclusion of anyone else not them?
You don't have to do anything. That is the nature of humanity. People are self interested. The people who drew cave paintings were self interested. The people who landed on the moon were self interested. You don't have to do anything about it. It's a natural part of human beings. People inventede airplanes out of self interest. People discovered antibiotics out of self interest. People write poetry out of self interest.
Quote:
I am the type of person who feels like race and gender should never matter, period. Will I vote for a female President? As a male, gender does not matter to me in this case. When the nation needs leadership, I don't care if my leader is a woman, man, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian,etc. I only care that said person is a good leader and can do the job well. That is all I care about. Sadly, the very fact that you don't feel this way highlights the divides in this nation.
No, it is quite the opposite. The very reason she cares about the gender and race of a president is because she doesn't want gender and race to be an issue. As long as Democrats continue to use identity politics as a weapon, race and gender are an issue. As long as a Democrat is a woman or nonwhite then Democrats will use identity politics to try to marginalize any criticism of that Democrat. When Democrats aren't involved, then race and gender aren't an issue. That's where you get Sara Palin, Nicki Haley, Allen West, Marco Rubio, Herman Cain, Bobby Jindal, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama was not vetted very well. He lived in Indonesia, a majority muslim country. He attacks small business owner, those who did in fact build that without government assistance. Lying "tax the rich" when the truly rich continue to benefit from Obama. Obama believes in taking from one group, people who earned it and "claims" to give to another who didn't earn it. And did you notice that the rich are getting richer?
How does living in another country that happens to be a majority Muslim nation make him a Muslim? And how does it make him not a citizen? Furthermore, can you prove he isn't a citizen of this country?

And what does anything he has done have to do with what I said regarding the conspiracy theories? Name it. Or this another partisan attack.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:13 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,789,217 times
Quote:
How does living in another country that happens to be a majority Muslim nation make him a Muslim? And how does it make him not a citizen? Furthermore, can you prove he isn't a citizen of this country?

And what does anything he has done have to do with what I said regarding the conspiracy theories? Name it. Or this another partisan attack.
wow, you really read what you want don't you? Did I say he was muslim? No I did not. I simply stated Obama lived in Indonesia a muslim country. Note, these were his formative years. Living in a muslim country is part of his experience. Me, my experience was playing baseball, eating hotdogs cooked on the grill, being around other Americans, everything American. You don't think where I grew up and the people I grew up around is part of who I am?

Last edited by petch751; 11-21-2013 at 11:29 PM..

Old 11-21-2013, 11:30 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,789,217 times
Quote:

So did you say you thought he was or wasn't a good president? PS, this will irritate you. I will not vote for a woman nor another black man. You can thank Obama and democrats for that.

Why, because I want to focus on issues not skin color or gender. With Obama as president all we would hear is accusations of racism. If a democratic woman got into office all anyone who disagrees with her would be called sexist.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:32 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,997,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Former president Bill Clinton says he does not know if his wife will mount another bid for the White House but that he will support any decision she makes about 2016.

"I hope we have a woman president in my lifetime, and I think it would be a good thing for the world as well as for America," Clinton told a Chinese audience in Beijing when asked about former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s possible run, adding “But I do not know if she's going to run, and there is no such thing as a sure thing in politics."

Bill Clinton says he hopes for 'a woman president in my lifetime' - NBC Politics
This is how liberals divide everyone. They think in terms of colour, ethnic background, gender, and sexuality 24/7 (while falsely accusing conservatives of doing it). I'd like to know how it benefits any country to select their leader based on the criteria of gender.
Bill Clinton is a goofball and always was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies