Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:28 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, I wouldn't vote for a woman president because if anyone who doesn't agree with her they will replace racist with sexist. I've had enough of this type of politics. If we can't disagree with the president based on race or sex forget it, I won't vote for them.

P.S. I am a woman.
So basically you're saying we should ONLY ever have white males in office, just due to the fact that a select few (and I mean VERY few, despite what the right-wingers would have us believe) cry racism if you criticize them? How about voting for who you want, and saying "screw 'em" to anyone who misjudges another voter's motivations or opinions... kinda seems in-line with the conservative philosophy, or what you claim to do and believe at least. But now you're going to let some whiny lefties dictate how you vote? Great plan.

P.S. I am a woman too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 10:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So basically you're saying we should ONLY ever have white males in office, just due to the fact that a select few (and I mean VERY few, despite what the right-wingers would have us believe) cry racism if you criticize them? How about voting for who you want, and saying "screw 'em" to anyone who misjudges another voter's motivations or opinions... kinda seems in-line with the conservative philosophy, or what you claim to do and believe at least. But now you're going to let some whiny lefties dictate how you vote? Great plan.

P.S. I am a woman too.
A select few? lol, right.

I'm on to leftie politics and it won't be any different with a woman in office. Forget that. If that means a white man is in office so be it and least we will be able to focus on the issues instead of the color or gender.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:53 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times
Originally Posted by petch751
lol, I wouldn't vote for a woman president because if anyone who doesn't agree with her they will replace racist with sexist. I've had enough of this type of politics. If we can't disagree with the president based on race or sex forget it, I won't vote for them.

P.S. I am a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

P.S. I am a woman too.
The difference is petch751 is a women who uses common sense for her decision making. On the other hand, you played your hand by connecting her point to somehow say she would only vote for a white male. YOU are a feminist!

You've revealed yourself as the worst of hypocrites. After 5 years of constant cries of racism and womanizing toward anyone who disagrees with Obama (with VERY GOOD REASON) you have the audacity to reverse the field by implying that it's the conservatives (and not liberal progressives) that have been whining? WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!

How does it feel to be so utterly wrong about your Savior? He was supposed to be the racial healer and the great uniter, and all you got was a liar and divider. It must suck to know the conservatives were abosolutely right about this man. The pendulum has swung.

You better run, I think I hear your master calling.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:56 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:

P.S. I am a woman.

That is a sad and disturbing way to think. I just want someone who can do the job. I don't care if it's a man or a woman.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:15 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
There's something about the words "Hillary" and "woman" in the same sentence that makes the acid in my stomach churn.

Are we sure about that?

Old 11-21-2013, 03:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Hillary's health didn't seem to be able to tolerate the job of Secretary of State. I question how she will be able to be president. I mean it seemed like when ever she was called to testify on things like Libya she would suddenly fall ill. Not everyone is able to handle pressure. I have no issue with a woman for President, but I would want one that healthy, able to handle pressure and not feel the need to lie.
Hillary lying about coming under fire while on a trip to Bosnia comes to mind. Why even tell a lie that is easily disproven? Oh wait Obama does the same thing. LOL

Old 11-21-2013, 03:59 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
A qualified woman would be fine but let's not have an "Affirmative Action President" either.

The best person that can be put forward for the job is especially important here regardless of gender, race, or ethnicity.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:26 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,194 times
Americans should seek a leader and not focus on race or gender.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:23 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is a sad and disturbing way to think. I just want someone who can do the job. I don't care if it's a man or a woman.
I care about the country as a whole more than I do about making a point about skin color or gender. I also want someone who can do the job but if someone who can't do the job can't get called out because of race (as in the current situation) or sex then I will steer clear until people can get past race or gender politics.

Democrats used race to get their way and look where it is getting us because we dare and "legitimately disagreed" with Obama. They will use gender politics against us if a woman gets into office. Does America really want another round of this division. No thanks.

Last edited by petch751; 11-21-2013 at 09:38 AM..

Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I care about the country as a whole more than I do about making a point about skin color or gender. I also want someone who can do the job but if someone who can't do the job can't get called out because of race (as in the current situation) or sex then I will steer clear until people can get past race or gender politics.

Democrats used race to get their way and look where it is getting us because we dare and "legitimately disagreed" with Obama. They will use gender politics against us if a woman gets into office. Does America really want another round of this division. No thanks.
You still haven't given me a reason to care of my President is a man or a woman. Both sides use division based on gender and race. Do you know why? Because there are some people who do not want a female President or a President who is not White. That is sadly how it is. And there are some people who don't trust the other side.

The fact is, divisions have existed in this nation from day one. Your solution makes no sense. Making sure that the President can only be male and White will not stop any kind of division. We are a divided nation because we've always been one.

The reason no one can get past gender and race is because those are part of divide and conquer, and divide and conquer go all the way back to the colonial days. It is this meddling by the elites that people prefer their own to the exclusion to everyone else.

A better question is this. What do you do about millions of people, who prefer their own interests to the exclusion of anyone else not them?

I am the type of person who feels like race and gender should never matter, period. Will I vote for a female President? As a male, gender does not matter to me in this case. When the nation needs leadership, I don't care if my leader is a woman, man, Black, White, Hispanic, Asian,etc. I only care that said person is a good leader and can do the job well. That is all I care about. Sadly, the very fact that you don't feel this way highlights the divides in this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies