Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:23 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,359,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
This is probably the first cop video recently posted here where I side with the cops.

He clearly is going for the tires in the video. It wasn't wild shooting at the fan.
I had just the opposite reaction. I thought the cops completely lost it. Maybe you could shoot out the tires with a steady, well aimed rifle, but not with a pistol at a car speeding away from you. That a $$ hole is lucky he didn't kill someone. He deserves to lose his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 01:27 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,678,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How do you break a window in a non-violent fashion? Do you use kitten whiskers to slowly etch away the glass?
I briefly saw the video on the news this morning. I think it was more his body language than the actual breaking of the window that disturbed me.

He looked to me like a wild animal trying to get into the car. I don't think he alerted the passengers (children) that he was going to break the window, either. He seemed really anxious to display some violence. Also, I'm not sure what he wanted to accomplish by breaking the window.

MO

Old 11-18-2013, 01:30 PM

775 posts, read 1,262,548 times
I think the shooting was a bit much.

What a dumb woman. Putting her kids in danger like that? She deserved what she got

Old 11-18-2013, 01:32 PM

2,193 posts, read 1,394,618 times
I can't stand police brutality, it makes my blood boil.

But this time however, the cops were not the slightest in the wrong. BTW that other officer was shooting at the tires from what i can see.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,678,459 times
Well, if pot was legal, she probably would not have been so afraid.

Talk about your civil rights...a person can break 'the law' and suffer consequences by having a pipe?!?!?!!?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:45 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,421,435 times
The cops handled this all wrong. And as for the baloney about finding two pot pipes . . . please. They probably just planted them there to help paint the woman as a drug-crazed lunatic to help them out of their self-made noose. The woman was wrong (without a doubt). But, you can track down a minivan easily enough without escalating this to the point of shooting at a van (whether it was the tires or not) full of kids. The initial cop trying to smash the window was obsolutely nuts and clearly showed that he was out of control.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:47 PM

15,565 posts, read 10,570,291 times
So, New Mexico makes you immediately pay the fine or plead your case to a judge? I know they used to do that, which was a real pain. I thought they had stopped that though? I have a feeling she was a bit of a drama queen who panicked, thank gawd she didn't clinch her butt cheeks. She did one thing right, she drove to a hotel before pulling over again (lots of witnesses). I know exactly were she was, she was probably taking her kids to the hot springs on the river. Those cops were really out of control, shame on them.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,700,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, if pot was legal, she probably would not have been so afraid.

Talk about your civil rights...a person can break 'the law' and suffer consequences by having a pipe?!?!?!!?
Plenty of people freak out without anything in their car, so who knows what her reaction may have been without the contraband.

BTW, she didn't "suffer consequences by having a pipe", she suffered them for not following simple instructions, fleeing the police, resisting arrest and her son attacking the cops and then speeding off a second time. The pipe had ZERO to do with the police reaction.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:50 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,230,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You cannot see thoes tires from the rear? Really?

To the OP, they were both wrong, however, if the mother would not have FLED the scene (the first time) and then the son ATTACK the cop (the second time) she would not be in that situation, now would they...

And...........ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh look:

State cop shoots at minivan full of kids
Yeah, really. You have that stupid bumper in the way unless you are quite low to the ground. Try it - walk out to your car (not truck not giant SUV). Stand three feet behind it and see if you can see the tires. I can't with my car. If I walk back another six feet or so, then I can see them clearly - but that's not where the cop is when he starts shooting.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:51 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,230,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And you are not trying to spin it in your direction?

I know cops are not the best shots, but is was very clear, that he was not shooting at the bulk of the van....
To you. Not to others, including me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies