Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 12:00 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Probably Yes.

However, if we didn't live in a police state, and mary jane was legal everywhere like it should be, and cops didn't pull you over unless you were actually driving wrecklessly, then none of this would of happened. Simple question, yes or no?
No, because she was driving wreckless...(speeding, get it)

You hve failed this yes or no question...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 12:09 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
The actions of the different officers and the fact that the routine traffic stop ended with an officer shooting at a car and a high speed chase has led to an internal investigation, the New Mexico State Police told ABCNews.com.

Ferrell was charged with five counts of abuse of a child, aggravated fleeing an officer, resisting an officer, reckless driving and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to The Taos News. Her teenage son was charged with battery of an officer.

The Taos News reported that New Mexico State Police said they allegedly found two marijuana pipes in the minivan.

Minivan Stop Ends in Shoots Fired, High Speed Chase for Family - ABC News
NOT pointed at the OP, but at the link

does ABC even look at the 'news' headlines that attach???

""""Minivan Stop Ends in Shoots Fired"""""

should'nt it be

""""Minivan Stop Ends in Shots Fired"""""

Old 11-20-2013, 12:13 PM

544 posts, read 610,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, because she was driving wreckless...(speeding, get it)

You hve failed this yes or no question...
Speeding is not driving recklessly. Nor should it be a reason to pull people over unless their speeding is actually causing an issue in the traffic. She was going a mere 16 mph over the speed limit on a highway that likely had a speed limit that was at least 10mph under what it should be.

The cops put more people in danger on the highway by pulling people over, then by people going a little over the speed limit.

I do want to compliment you on your good use of humor though.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:17 PM

544 posts, read 610,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
NOT pointed at the OP, but at the link

does ABC even look at the 'news' headlines that attach???

""""Minivan Stop Ends in Shoots Fired"""""

should'nt it be

""""Minivan Stop Ends in Shots Fired"""""
I've been seeing a lot more simple spelling/grammar errors lately by news sources.

I don't really care usually b.c I know what they meant.

Back when the news was on a like 5 hour or more delay it wasn't acceptable, however I think it's more acceptable now a days, since "journalists" have to rush rapidly to get their stories out before one of the other 100's news sources does.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Speeding is not driving recklessly. .
How does it feel to be wrong? You should be used to it:

Quote:
reckless driving n. operation of an automobile in a dangerous manner under the circumstances, including speeding (or going too fast for the conditions, even though within the posted speed limit), driving after drinking (but not drunk), having too many passengers in the car, cutting in and out of traffic, failing to yield to other vehicles, and other negligent acts. It is a misdemeanor crime. A "wet reckless" is a plea in a drunk driving prosecution allowed to lessen the penalty when the blood alcohol level is close to the minimum allowed by law.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...ckless+driving

Quote:
Nor should it be a reason to pull people over unless their speeding is actually causing an issue in the traffic. She was going a mere 16 mph over the speed limit on a highway that likely had a speed limit that was at least 10mph under what it should be.
A mere 16 miles over the speed limit....lol...did not know you made the law...interesting...

"Likely" I guess you now have a crystal ball and know the exact road she traveled....

Thanks for you opinion...

Quote:
The cops put more people in danger on the highway by pulling people over, then by people going a little over the speed limit..
Do you have figures to back this up, I would like to see some facts, you know, like how many police stops are preformed on a daily basis and out of those, how many people have the police endangered...

I'll be waiting...

Quote:
Thanks, but your coddling of a person who done something wrong is pretty sick, good for you....I suppose you suppoort the "pipes" found around those children also...

Old 11-20-2013, 03:02 PM

349 posts, read 422,603 times
Quote:
Oh no, the horror!
Some of you anti-police folks are truly pathetic. Talk about making excuses.. Now it's OK to speed?

Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Speeding is not driving recklessly. Nor should it be a reason to pull people over unless their speeding is actually causing an issue in the traffic. She was going a mere 16 mph over the speed limit on a highway that likely had a speed limit that was at least 10mph under what it should be.

The cops put more people in danger on the highway by pulling people over, then by people going a little over the speed limit.

So it's OK to be going 120 km/h in an 80 km/h zone once no one is endangered... Right..

Ever though that police pull people over and charge them in order to deter them from future offences?

Old 11-20-2013, 03:50 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Okay, I finally heard the whole clip from the dash cam. The cop does tell her she has 30 days to pay the fine, the newspaper article left that part out. So, I was wrong 'bout that. She was arguing very politely and he wasn't being bad either. She should have taken the ticket and he shouldn't have gone nuts.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:56 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Some of you anti-police folks are truly pathetic. Talk about making excuses.. Now it's OK to speed?
Now it's okay to shoot at innocent and young children?

Old 11-20-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Now it's okay to shoot at innocent and young children?
No it's not. And no, the cop did not intentionally shoot at little children.

The cop who shot at the car should be punished, the others acted professionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies