Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 05:06 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why would Clark Park have a problem with a Muslim kid - or a Jewish kid, or a Christian kid, or a Buddhist kid - praying in a public school?

His problem (and mine) is with the government forcing kids to pray or leading them in prayer.
Really ... where is that happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 05:24 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
It was commonplace in public schools until a few decades ago, and there are many conservatives who want to reinstitute it.

As to current days, you see a lot of religious conservative trying to sneak it in by having school lead prayers at "outside" school events where the students are present (school football games, graduations, etc) or by having overly religious groups come into school for "assemblies" and preach to the kids in that forum.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:26 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,771 times
If your rights are being eroded, then how can post this, and how could that guy make that video?

Old 11-17-2013, 05:29 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,771 times
Quote:
Talking Points Memo | Breaking News and Analysis | TPM This involves prayer, although the counties aren't as stupid as this law.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
It was commonplace in public schools until a few decades ago, and there are many conservatives who want to reinstitute it.

As to current days, you see a lot of religious conservative trying to sneak it in by having school lead prayers at "outside" school events where the students are present (school football games, graduations, etc) or by having overly religious groups come into school for "assemblies" and preach to the kids in that forum.
You are totally incorrect. I attended public elementary school in the 60's, in California, and we never said a prayer in school. I have also never heard any mainstream conservatives talking about starting it.

You are flat out wrong and spreading misinformation.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
You are totally incorrect. I attended public elementary school in the 60's, in California, and we never said a prayer in school. I have also never heard any mainstream conservatives talking about starting it.

You are flat out wrong and spreading misinformation.
My parents attended school in the 50s and 60s and every day started with a Christian prayer. My mother told me the day she remembers becoming an atheist - her teacher told the class, immediately following class prayer, that the African people they'd been learning about in class were all going to hell.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
My parents attended school in the 50s and 60s and every day started with a Christian prayer. My mother told me the day she remembers becoming an atheist - her teacher told the class, immediately following class prayer, that the African people they'd been learning about in class were all going to hell.
Do you really think people believe this crap? You must think the people on this forum are stupid.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Do you really think people believe this crap? You must think the people on this forum are stupid.
I don't give a **** what you think. I don't lie, and it's the absolute truth.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:35 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Lol.

Her faith must have REALLY been weak.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I don't give a **** what you think. I don't lie, and it's the absolute truth.
I'm sure you think Obama doesn't lie either ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies