Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 01:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25
Of course you do. Liberals think they are a pay grade above everybody else for some reason. I guess that is part of the brainwashing they go through.
Have you read the evolution threads? You have Conservatives demanding to see a dinosaur-human hybrid fossil. I kid you not. One of the saddest, and funniest, posts I have ever read.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:43 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
IMO, this qualifies as another "Just because we CAN doesn't necessarily mean we SHOULD!
why on earth do we need some wooly mammoths?
Why not? it would be a source of meat and ivory, it could save the elephants from suffering the same fate.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol, early man wasn't even a nasty thought during the Cretaceous. Only in Hollywood. Man was, however, here with the Mammoths during the Pleiststocene. Some, attribute their demise to man. Now, man wants to bring them back to life? What irony......
During t rex's time, mammels were represented by a small creature the size of a large squirrel which lived in burrows. Mammels predated dinos too, just stayed small and unnoticed. The end of the age of dinosaurs began the age of mammels.

Mammoth hunts are documented on cave walls. There was an age of giant mammels at the time and the demise of many of them is in part attributed to the hunting culture of humans.

I think it would be interesting to clone a mammoth. It is a big and furry elephant after all. Dino's should be left to history, thought.

What we should be more afraid of are the deadly infections appearing which are completely uneffected by any drugs we have, and even pharma isn't looking for new ones. Its not the big things which count so much as the tiny ones.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
And FOX News continues to be baffled by the moon. Bill O'Reilly said the earth is the only planet with a moon.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:10 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,815 times
Why not? There's a popular fairytale that has some invisible guy in the sky cloning himself and magically inserting his cloned self into some random woman in the desert. Lets make it happen in reality.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Have you read the evolution threads?
Nope.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempus Fugit View Post
If you think statistics and empirical data are brainwashing techniques imposed by the evil secular scientists of America, sure. But statistically speaking, liberals (note that not all democrats identify as liberals) are more likely to:

1. Have a higher education
2. Place trust in the scientific method
3. Be scientists - a vast majority of scientists, private and public, are politically liberal

LIberals have a higher education? LOL. Believe in scientific method? Then why are they screaming about a hypothesis called global warming. Nothing scientific about any of their rantings. I guess liberals just think they are so smart whatever they say is now science? Yep that about sums it up. Smart liberals dumb conservatives if all I hear from you uber enriched college edumacated holier than though liberals. I have a secret to share with you................a lot of conservatives went and go to college too. lol

Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LIberals have a higher education? LOL. Believe in scientific method? Then why are they screaming about a hypothesis called global warming. Nothing scientific about any of their rantings. I guess liberals just think they are so smart whatever they say is now science? Yep that about sums it up. Smart liberals dumb conservatives if all I hear from you uber enriched college edumacated holier than though liberals. I have a secret to share with you................a lot of conservatives went and go to college too. lol
There are these things called peer reviewed scientific articles that makes climate change more than a "hypothesis".

Climate Change, Human Impacts, and the Resilience of Coral Reefs

Old 11-16-2013, 02:47 PM

Not going there I guess I'm at fault for even bringing it up though. Global warming threads are a plenty. I digress........

Back to hunting T Rex dammit.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:58 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,756,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals pose a bigger threat to society than any T Rex or bacteria.
You forgot viruses and asteroids.

Can you say RWNJ?!

But at least it is not fitting to be on this forum. Gotta blame the end of civilization on the other guys somehow....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies