Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 AM

33,562 posts, read 37,160,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Well the atlantic ocean separates Britain from the US. Whereas Canada is right next to us. So like 99.99% of actors/sports players/rich people/etc move from canada to the US ASAP. There's still some things to do in Britain and surrounding areas. But in canada there is nothing much of anything besides snow and long lines to see a doctor.
All lies except the stuff about the Atlantic...It has been three years since I have seen even one flake of snow except on the mountains and our world class ski hills...many of the TV shows and movies you watch are filmed in Canada....Here is a partial list of those that were shot in my home town of Victoria...

X.men Last Stand
X-men Wolverine
X-Men
The Mermaid Chair
Impact
The Core
Fierce People
White Chicks
Ripper
Cats&Dogs
Scary Movie
Final Destination
The Duke
Masterminds
Bird on a Wire
Knight Moves
Backfire
Hot Pursuit
The Glitter Dome
Five Easy Pieces

You are jealous aren't you? Well I can't fault you for that.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
"may contain nuts" , wtf is that?

"trailer park boys" , wtf is that? why do canadians hate/make fun of the poor?

Seriously, I haven't even heard of any of those shows before, let alone wasted time watching one of them.
Too bad, as most of them are a lot better than most of the drivel the US produces.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, if only there was a magic box where all the information in the world was available at one's fingertips! Wouldn't that be swell?
Maybe some day......
Good one...I was just watching Bubbles on youtube, but I guess he doesn't know how to used that complicated site.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
You're the ones who haven't had the balls to declare independence from Britain yet.
Funny thing this; here we are on a thread posted by an American, reading dismissive and derogatory comments directed towards Canada by Americans, and yet it's Canadians with the inferiority complex?

Hey guys here's a thought for you: All this so called protection you've been providing us from some hypothetical boogyman hiding in YOUR closet or under YOUR bed would be better used shoring up your own image vis-à-vis being the biggest and best at anything; 'cause last I looked it ain't us borrowing money from China and then printing more by the truckload to downgrade the debt. It ain't us being chased out of every country you've stupidly attempted to interfere with militarily.

You folks have had your hat handed to you more times by lesser nations than a geek with pimples showing up as a blind date.

A history lesson review of how Canada has actually come to your rescue a few times while you, on the other hand have actually been the bully aggressor in any interactions with Canada, might go light-years to filling that vacuum above your pie-holes. As a true ally, you guys are short on memory and long on bullcrap. All hat and no cattle.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:34 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,909 times
This thread is all kinds of ridiculous.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:00 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,778,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Wow....Really? How little you know about Canada....When the Dominion of Canada was created in 1867 it was granted powers of self-government to deal with all internal matters and it has been fully independent since 1982.
Yes yes, I'm fully aware that you guys are sensitive about this. You've still got a monarch. Queen Elizabeth is still The Queen of Canada.

I don't know why so many Canadians are indifferent. We told the royals to f-off centuries ago.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:07 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,778,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That's rich coming from a guy who lives in a country that couldn't organize a dog show, let alone balance a budget.
We've figured out how to build sewage treatment plants. When is your city going to join the rest of the developed world?

Old 11-14-2013, 12:21 PM

544 posts, read 610,689 times
Canadians are really weird

Actress convicted of stalking Alec Baldwin

Who stalks people? Let alone , why would anyone stalk alec baldwin? LMAO. Canada women must really be lacking men if they thenk Alec is hot.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,673,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Yes yes, I'm fully aware that you guys are sensitive about this. You've still got a monarch. Queen Elizabeth is still The Queen of Canada.

I don't know why so many Canadians are indifferent. We told the royals to f-off centuries ago.
Uhh...QEII is a figurehead. She has no power in Canada.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:36 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
One of my favorite bands of all time was from Canada...Doug and The Slugs. I'll never remember how I came to hear them for the first time, but I'm glad I did. Love their music.
Oh, so you're the one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.