Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 04:51 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What makes you think another 63+ million taxpayers with a stake in the government's fiscal responsibility wouldn't make a difference? Remember that there are 135 million federal income tax filers but only 71.5 million actually pay any federal income tax whatsoever.
If 71.5 million arent making a difference, another 63 million wouldn't either. Its fantasy. Heck it might even make it worse!

"I got elected, only 4 years to make enough deals to get my retirement setup!"

Thinking that a flat tax is going to make our government WORK better is fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No, that's the opposite of what I said. 100% opposite.

Disney wouldn't pollute if clean air improved their business. Maybe you can't read, but I specifically said that they would do nothing for altruistic reasons.

You obviously don't understand the concept because your bias is for government to control everything in our lives.
Sigh. Disney owns the air, offers it for sale to polluting companies. Yeah Disney stops raking in the money with disneyland, and focuses on the movies and video portion, as selling the air quality is much more profitable for it. They offset what would otherwise be profit loss by covering Disneyland in a dome, boasting that they sell some of the cleanest air in the country!

"Come and retire to Disneyland parks! It will double your lifespan, AND we still offer the well known park you loved as a kid!"

Old 11-13-2013, 04:59 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,031,722 times
I never understood why people always complain because someone makes more money then they do. I always try to get better acquainted with wealthy people I meet. You would be surprised what you can learn from them.

Plus, it is all about your connections when it comes to making money. Been self employed for 28 years. You seem to pick up on these things.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 PM

89,106 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Really? You're going to try and conflate those making over 130K voting Romney with those who have high education? REALLY?
Obama did it himself.

Obama Stresses Link Between Education, Economy - YouTube

So... explain the voter demographic chart.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
If 71.5 million arent making a difference, another 63 million wouldn't either. Its fantasy.
Clearly, you're ignorant of the tipping point concept:
Minority Rules: Scientists Discover Tipping Point for the Spread of Ideas | News & Events

I'm talking about increasing the amount of taxpayers by 89%. That's FAR more than the 10% tipping point threshold.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Nobody is demonizing rich people. We just think they should pay higher taxes.

And modestly raising their taxes increases revenues substantially.
really? so calling rich people evil and greedy, and full of hate is not demonizing the rich? perhaps one of us should recheck the definition of demonize, and recheck the ones using the words that in fact do demonize the rich, unless they are liberals like warren buffet and george soros who are major league hypocrites.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Obama did it himself.

Obama Stresses Link Between Education, Economy - YouTube

So... explain the voter demographic chart.
I did. You responded by using a politician that apparently you believe in. Huh. Didn't know you were a supporter.

Yes education lifts you up, it doesnt move you into the wealthy. Why don't you try posting some relevant FACTS, you know, like the ones I linked to.

(You've got me addicted to the smilies. I blame you InformedConsent)

Old 11-13-2013, 05:27 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,303,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We have Democrats in power dude. The Democrat agenda is anti-poor, anti-middle class. This is the expected outcome of the big govt. corporatist system.

If you want to see a robust middle class and a poor class with great class mobility, then join the Tea Party. If you want to see the wealthy elite gain more money, power, and control, be a fascist/progressive.
No who's taking this guy seriously

Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Clearly, you're ignorant of the tipping point concept:
Minority Rules: Scientists Discover Tipping Point for the Spread of Ideas | News & Events

I'm talking about increasing the amount of taxpayers by 89%. That's FAR more than the 10% tipping point threshold.
Only if all of them felt that way.

Funny thing is this is interesting to me because a larger and larger % of people have a strong belief that a guarenteed income and higher taxation are the way to go.

In fact....56% of Republicans believe we need a smaller defense budget.....

LOTS of things have people having firm beliefs.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I did.
No, you didn't. Even Obama disagrees with you. Watch the YouTube video again. Obama equates higher education levels with higher income levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies