Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 01:33 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,219,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Just because you're a Liberal does not mean that you're in line with all stereotypical politically. I know Republicans who are either gay, pro-choice, and/or nonreligious...

What's wrong with being anti government? You're doing the same exact thing the Republicans did when the Iraq war first started. Liberals were upset with what was happening, expressed their displeasure publicly, and were labeled "anti American", "anti government", and a few other choice words. Now both sides are being hypocrite the shoe is on the other foot.

Your question is kind of silly though. If you went to a function that had either gay, Black, Hispanic, feminist, etc people there who just happened to be talking about promiscuous sex, committing a crime, doing drugs, etc, would you think that just because the few people at that function had those views that all the aforementioned groups had them too?

To answer your question, no all gun owners are not. Gun are comprised of many groups of people who can be are Liberal, Conservative, Black, White, Hispanic, Women, Men, religious, atheist, gay, straight, paranoid tea party members, peppers, voted for Obama, voted for Romney, etc.... One of my coworkers, who's a Black Liberal, owns a gun, but still voted for Obama because he thought he was the better candidate for the job...

What I can tell you is, and you probably already know this from the comments you have received, a lot of tea party and republicans have a problem with constantly feeling the need to insult, belittle, degrade, and personally attack any group or anyone (including their own) who does not share all/100% their stereotypical new aged Conservative views. This is why they will continue to lose.
I'm anti government, but I'm not fringe paranoid anti government. I have no desire nor plans to violently take on the US government.

Obviously not ALL gun owners are not the tea party prepper type. I never said nor implied that All were. I asked if this movement is common amongst gun owners, maybe it was the particular gun range I went to or the day of the week.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,958,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Saw a lot of those tea party type t shirts and paranoid anti government propaganda. Even my friend I went with started talking about race riots.

Is this view common amongst gun owners?? I hope not.
People that go to gun ranges are like the people that sell at flea markets. They have thier own culture, cliques, dress, and speak.

I happen to think flea market fleas are more interesting... but you get my drift.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:37 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,219,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
People that go to gun ranges are like the people that sell at flea markets. They have thier own culture, cliques, dress, and speak.

I happen to think flea market fleas are more interesting... but you get my drift.
True, I know some gun owners who rarely go to the range.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:41 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,762,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I'm anti government, but I'm not fringe paranoid anti government. I have no desire nor plans to violently take on the US government.

Obviously not ALL gun owners are not the tea party prepper type. I never said nor implied that All were. I asked if this movement is common amongst gun owners, maybe it was the particular gun range I went to or the day of the week.
Obviously it is not common because it were, with there being more guns in this countries than there are citizens, the Tea Party would have the House, Senate, and the Presidency comfortably... Think...

Old 10-19-2013, 01:54 PM

39,109 posts, read 51,351,497 times
Tea Party tee shirt:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.